5.0 out of 5 stars Greater understanding of what she stands forNi
This book gives your clear. Understanding of what formed the person Nikie Haley is today. She is candid about her past and where she is in her thinking today. The fact that she is a woman I think gives her a nurturing outlook for her job as Governor and a careing for the people she serves.
Published on October 6, 2012 by Lillie McGougan

3.0 out of 5 stars i don't. trust nikki haley
she has done great PR promoting the palmetto state....but i don't trust the GOP and i don't see her improving lifefor the poor or for schools.
Published 20 months ago by Carrie Sheridan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Greater understanding of what she stands forNi, October 6, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great story!, December 29, 2013
This review is from: Can't Is Not an Option: My American Story (Hardcover)
I teach at a women's liberal arts university, and I think that if Nikki Haley were a liberal, my colleagues would be building a statue to her on Front Quad! Her is a woman who overcame prejudice and obscurity, who took on the male-dominated political machines in her town and her state, who held her family together while her husband was deployed, and who imprinted her state government with her view of what's right.

Haley tells her life story with the proper mix of humility and pride, and provides more detail on her policies and political work that I find in most political autobiographies. She treats her enemies with respect (more than they showed her, certainly), and permits the researcher to easily verify the truth of what she writes. This book would make an excellent supplemental text for my college course on State and Local Politics.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like Nikki Haley's attitude and ambition, September 6, 2013
L Neff (west Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Is Not an Option: My American Story (Hardcover)
I did not know that Governor Haley was from an immigrant family. I have a great respect for her and her service to her country the USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, inspirational read that makes you want to turn the pages like it is fiction!, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Can't Is Not an Option: My American Story (Hardcover)
I opted to read this book because I needed to read a biography/autobiography on a policymaker for a class I was enrolled in but, boy, am I glad that I did! Nikki paints a vivid picture of her entire life, making it seem almost as if she is sitting next to you, reading the story aloud. She is very candid and does not skimp on the truth when exposing the 'bad' side of politics. I particularly loved how she talked about how she was able to overcome financial disadvantages in her campaign as that is something that people do not typically talk about. Overall, a great read that I highly recommend for anyone who is at all interested in politics or reading about a strong female leader's journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story!, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Can't Is Not an Option: My American Story (Hardcover)
This book was very interesting and informative. I very much enjoyed it. I'm thrilled with the price and quick shipping. Thanks so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't is not an Option: My American Story, August 13, 2012
This book is an informative, fast read about the rise of Nikki Haley and also about what's wrong with our political system today. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nikki Haley isn't our first woman President. She would definitely have my vote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Read!!!, January 20, 2013
I loved this book! Very well-written and inspirational! I am a Texan but I can relate to the challenges the state of South Carolina faces because our States are very similar in many respects. I admire and respect Governor Haley so much and I hope she runs for President some day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 5, 2014
This review is from: Can't Is Not an Option: My American Story (Hardcover)
Excellent book, sent expeditiously!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job, December 4, 2013
Very good book. I enjoyed it.
They did a great job with service.
The packing was also very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 16, 2014
was a good read

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Can't Is Not an Option: My American Story
Can't Is Not an Option: My American Story by Nikki Haley (Hardcover - April 3, 2012)
Used & New from: $0.03