Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Guild Wars 2 forum

Cant "Pre-purchase" from Amazon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 152 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 7:46:21 AM PDT
Lets look at this problem geographically and you can find the problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 8:47:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2012 8:48:10 PM PDT
S. Ali says:
It is not Amazon, its obviously NCSoft. They have some sort of deal going with GameStop. Don't let them fool you. Which is the reason the only way you can prepurchase the CE is from GameStop and no whereelse.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 6:12:32 AM PDT
TM says:
Grieger, I couldn't agree with you more. It's a big mess and causing more problems than it's worth.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 6:36:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2012 6:37:40 AM PDT
Darkuso says:
That it's possible, but still i hope amazon list the game soon.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 7:52:04 AM PDT
I'm irritated about this because I want to buy the CE from Amazon, and gamestop only allows you to get 2 copies. I need to get a copy for me, my wife, and her mother. And after hearing gamestop has banned accounts for buying more than a couple of skylanders, I'm afraid to put in a second order for the 3rd CE. Best Buy is out of the question too cause I've had them cancel CE orders of other games cause they oversold too. So please, NCsoft, give amazon the CE too.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 11:00:43 AM PDT
Night13x says:
It is pretty sad on both Amazon and ncsoft part. I and many friends did (and had no issues) with gw1 series with both preorders of CE and full preorder bonuses. Now (mainly ncsoft) is just screwing with their customers. Preordering the CE edition is a bit tricky now for me atm due to the possibility of moving in the coming month(s). Since gamestop stores only let you preorder and pickup at the same store (non transferable), it makes it hard for people in my situation. I can roll the dice with gamestop.com, but I'm afraid they will screw up and send it to my old address even if I do change the address after placing the order (happened to a friend of mine in the past). Sigh...

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 11:59:40 AM PDT
C. Douglas says:
Yes it is a drag as of now Gamestop is the only place to get a physical version of the CE, (which is what i want) they (arena net and ncsoft) never reissued the CE of Prophecies even though as of this moment they still are selling both CEs of the expansions and i suspect just like with the first campaign they wont re-issue the CE for GW2 and Gamestop (at least here in america) is the only place you are guaranteed to find it as of now unless you want to do Ebay and so far the CE is going for 100-200 dollars more than the MSRP on there.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 12:02:01 PM PDT
have you wife put in an order.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 3:35:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2012 3:36:46 PM PDT
R. Martin says:
It IS Amazon. Their Sales, Shipping, Warehouse systems are different depending on the country you are in. NCSoft HAS mentioned in earlier information that's part of the problem with Amazon, their systems aren't uniform around the world. The system they use in the US is very different than the UK one or the one in France. That is why people in those countries can pre-purchase GW2 CE and other versions from France and UK Amazon.

I was also an Amazon Employee for quite some time and they aren't the quickest in getting alot of problems like these resolved. I know there are alot of differences in how Amazon operates in the US compared to other countries.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 3:58:35 PM PDT
Rude Hero says:
To be fair, while I wish Amazon could get a fix in place quickly to make pre-purchase happen something of that nature would be a large endeavor and difficult to implement (especially quickly). I put the blame for this debacle on ArenaNet/NCSoft. I'm not sure why they decided to go with this pre-purchase scheme, why is the normal method of pre-order not good enough. And I'm tired of apologists stating they (ANet) don't want people to just pre-order for beta and cancel their pre-order after. If their game is good enough to stand on its own the number of cancelled pre-orders should be negligible.

While Amazon is surely suffering lost sales, the consumers are the ones really getting screwed.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 5:27:07 PM PDT
G. Serra says:
This ArenaNet/Amazon issue with the bonus made me to cancel the pre-order I had for over a year and went directly for the sure thing: to pre-purchase directly from ArenaNet. At least now I am sure I can participate on next beta events and the 3 day early start.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:28:16 AM PDT
Neglectedcow says:
Rude Hero is pretty much spot on, ArenaNet giving bonuses to people who buy the game before a release date has even been announced is pretty demanding. I don't understand why a pre-order isn't enough... ANet really let me down here, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's sad that this is happening, I wouldn't be surprised if they merge with Activision soon.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 3:34:14 PM PDT
Its is because you can back out of a pre-order and leave arenanet holding the bag and now they are screwed because you promised to do something and now are not. Where as a pre-purchase means they have sold the product and promise to deliver the day it is released.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 7:32:39 PM PDT
Darkuso says:
Anet should have a forum, to things like this, aleast in that way we can be in direct contact with them. An oficial forum are really necessary for issues like this. Almost spent one week and there is not any information about what happens....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 8:06:42 AM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Well Gamefly, Gamestop, Green Man Gaming, and Best Buy got digital pre-purchase up. I think Amazon must not actually keep the right staff on hand to figure something like that out... which is bizarre.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 3:51:55 PM PDT
R. R. Finley says:
I may go ahead and pre-purchase from Green Man Gaming for 10% off. I'd rather shop here but one week later and Amazon (US) is still no closer to getting this purchase program figured out. The European GW2 fans are fortunate that their Amazon stores have a clue.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 8:16:23 AM PDT
A. Nielsen says:
I think I'm going to give it until this Friday before I too order from GMG. I am really disappointed at the lack of information they're giving out on the US Amazon pre-purchases and how they're pretty much ignoring all of us asking about it. It's been over a week and everyone else is on board now, even some new companies have joined in on selling the pre-purchase, and still no info from Amazon. =/

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 11:38:08 AM PDT
bryssa says:
What an absolute mess this has been. From what I've been hearing from an Amazon rep that posts on a forum I frequent, they're still trying to negotiate some kind of contract to sell digital copies of GW2 -- you'd think that'd be the kind of thing already taken care of for a retailer advertised as an official pre-purchase partner, yeah?

At any rate, my banked Amazon points/fun bucks are going to have to continue being banked. GMG snagged my pre-purchase through the 10% off promotion and all my built up referral credit. Not as good as cashing in everything on Amazon, but at least I'm already registered for the BWEs.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 3:37:51 PM PDT
L. Oum says:
Which forum? Can you share a direct link to the thread?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 3:46:15 PM PDT
Darkuso says:
how could that possible? After years of develop the games and after a month that Anet had the retailer list and amazon still in negotiations?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 5:35:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2012 5:44:58 PM PDT
C. Douglas says:
My Guess is somebody wanted to play hardball and it was most likely the publisher NCSoft consider for the moment the retailers where as of this moment you can pre-purchase/pre-order the game here in america, two shady retailers with questionable business practices (Best Buy and Gamestop), a fairly new one (Gamefly) and Amazon. The Publisher most likely wanted a bigger cut than amazon america was willing to give, perhaps thanks to consumer laws in europe etc they arent able to do this and so just went with a standard contract for amazon uk etc. Of course i could be completely wrong and all the blame lies at amazon's door but considering what has been reported about NCSoft before as relates to some of their practices its very likely they are the ones to blame here

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 8:20:26 AM PDT
A. Nielsen says:
Finally gave in and ordered from Green Man Gaming for 10% off. At least now I'll be ready for next weekend. Shame things had to happen this way, and shame ArenaNet is still showing Amazon as a pre-purchase site when it hasn't been.

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 10:08:51 AM PDT
I ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from buy.guildwars2.com. I usually pre-order my games from Amazon, but the actually release date is still unknown and I wanted to play as soon as it gets released.

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 11:33:16 AM PDT
SDJ says:
Some of you apparently think NCSoft wants to limit sales. Which is absurd. The problem is that Amazon US is not set up to send emails with codes and instructions for registering the game and then later mailing discs. Seems they're set up for digital or box sales not both combined.

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 12:40:44 PM PDT
Neglectedcow says:
That's false information Stuart D. Johnson... I Pre-Ordered SWTOR and I got a key for beta, I didn't like the game so I canceled.

With Guild Wars 2, you buy the game now, and get a permanent key, register your account, and can play beta + the full game when released.
It's as simple as making Guild Wars 2 NON-REFUNDABLE once you activate your key :), and if you want a refund before activating you key... You can get your refund and your key would turn void... Really not that difficult. And also I doubt it's NCSoft wanting a bigger piece of the pie of the sale when retailers are offering 10% off... I'm pretty sure Amazon selling it at full price is no big problem.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Guild Wars 2 forum
Participants:  81
Total posts:  152
Initial post:  Mar 18, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2 by NCSOFT (Windows)
3.8 out of 5 stars (686)