5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Listen to the Critic Bashing! It's Fantastic!
Published on May 22, 2000 by ElectricMelody

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed Yet Satisfied
I was blown away by P!NK's "There You Go". All its radio play left me hopeful that her debut would be cutting edge but after listening to it, I felt "Can't Take Me Home" really didn't have the quality to grab me. The songs had some diversity but nothing like nothing that showed a range of talent. I am interested to see where this album takes her.
Published on May 31, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Listen to the Critic Bashing! It's Fantastic!, May 22, 2000
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
Okay, well, maybe this album wouldn't appeal to all people. But, if you're a fan of up tempo r&b and Timberland-style beats, you'll love this CD. There are only two slow songs, which is really rare for and r&b/soul singer. Pink has a terrific voice and I commend her for her honesty in her songs. Yes, she actually does write her own material! Here are the tracks: 1.SPLIT PERSONALITY: A very strong opening. The chorus is so cool and different and Pink's "split personality" mouthing off in the background is hilarious. 2.HELL WIT YA: A more typical r&b song, but, it is higlighted by Pink's wonderful lyrics (she says wench! ) and her terrific delivery of them. Her delivery on this whole album is mucho bueno. 3.MOST GIRLS: This song benefits from over the top production (there are opera singers) and the strength of the melody. It's very, very cool. One of the better tracks. 4.THERE YOU GO: Of course, if you've heard this song, you know about the singing/rap aspect of it and hopefully, you love it. However, if you don't like this song don't buy the album cause it's just like all the other songs practically. 5.YOU MAKE ME SICK: This song has a really cool chorus with really cool lyrics. The verses are kinda weird and pretty fast. 6.LET ME LET YOU KNOW: Another outstanding song. The first ballad on the album, you will fall in love with this song after repeat listens, guaranteed. 7.LOVE IS SUCH A CRAZY THING: This song would not be half as good if it didn't have the awesome piano opening and the really crazy beats. It's kinda a weird song. 8.PRIVATE SHOW: A standard Destiny's Child/TLC uptempo song. It has cool lyrics though. 9.CAN'T TAKE ME HOME: This is a completely awesome song! It's probably my favorite. It has the fastest, angriest beats ever. She scares me on this one. 10.STOP FALLING: the second and last ballad, and also the slowest. The first time I listened to this one I didn't like it at all. But, after repeat listens I fell in love with it. It is such a sad, good song. And so suddle too. 11.DO WHAT U DO: Kinda reminds me of Vitamin C! It's a very good, kinda campy, self empowerment song. It's pretty good though. 12.HICCUP: This is a really cool song. In the chorus it sounds like she's hiccuping which gives the song a really cool affect. Very addicting chorus. 13.IS IT LOVE: This is a nice, suddle, mid-tempo song. It's got a real cool beat that reminds me of Dr. Dre for some reason. It's a good ending song. ~ no lyrics included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink is the real deal- she knows her stuff, June 17, 2000
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
Pink is definitely one of the most talented young musicians out there- her voice is incredible; her range soars to first soprano, then plunges to tenor...it is utterly beautiful and heartfelt throughout this great debut album. I sincerely like all the songs on this album, but I must say that my favorites are "Split Personality," "Hell Wit Ya," "MOST GIRLS," "Stop Falling," and "Is It Love." However, this is not an album to just sit down and listen to- this is an album to get up and sing and dance to. I do have one gripe about it, though- the lyrics were not included in the cd, and sometimes Pink sings fast...It can be tough to follow along, but luckily she enunciates and you can tell what she's singing (or saying) most of the time. I bought this album for "There You Go" and, as I knew, there ended up being better songs on it. If you like "There You Go" in the least, or even Pink's voice, then I strongly suggest you get this album. Pink sounds a bit like Mariah Carey, but her songs are edgier, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm sure you'll agree, this girl is amazing and I wish her the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pink takes it home, May 11, 2000
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
Overall, I found the CD to be very satisfying. Each song, in and of itself, has nice beats. The song lacks a large number of standard ballads like "Stop Falling," which I think is the best song along with "There You Go". "Split Personality" is a bit akward in its form, but is at the least entertaining. "Most Girls" is a tight, tight song with nice beats-this could possible be a single. "Love is..." sounds like it should be a ballad, but has some weird beat in the background; I still haven't decided if it works. "Private Show" shouldn't be on the cd - it just sounds cheap. "Can't Take Me Home" will probably be the next single, or "Hell..." and both songs have a sassy feeling to them. "Hiccup" is really cute ^o^ Some reviewers (such as the first reviewer) find her debut album annoying, suggesting mimics of Kelis and Alanis Morrisette, but they should be reminded that some people find their cds annoying as well (if I hear "You Oughta Know" one more time...). Some songs annoy me (Private Show, You Make Me Sick), overall the songs are felt by Pink, and yet aren't generic and produced in their anger. If you like Pink's voice in "There You Go," you will find the rest of the cd even more impressive. Though the cd lacks a normal distribution of variety in types of songs, and many of the songs sound over-produced, Pink's vocal power carry this cd further than, say, Britney Spears could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Take Her Home, But You Can Take This CD!, March 8, 2002
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
No one has made an R&B debut that has impressed me half as much as Pink. Here's why:
1. Split Personality- "You don't know me well enough to label me sick, or even disturbed.." What a way to start an album! It surprises with it's quirky beat, fresh two-sided thoughts from Pink's spilt personality. "Everybody's got his ennities, I got a split personality." #1 potenetial, shocking look at life.
2. Hell Wit' Ya- "Yeah, I remember that time we went to Pizza Hut, you told me she was your cousin." Talks about a lousy player who doesn't know how to treat the girl who cares about him (Pink) For anyone and everyone who's been in a bad relationship.
3. Most Girls- Her terrific #1 song. Most girls may want moolah, but Pink just wants real love. If you haven't heard it, you have to. Also check out her singles for "Most Girls," they include some really great mixes.
4. There You Go- The song that started it all for this beautiful new diva. A #1 better than any Britney song you've ever heard. Also check out the single for this one. Dare you not to sing along!
5. You Make Me Sick- Pink's latest #1. I mean, how hot is this song? "You make me sick, I want you and I'm hatin' it!" "You got me goin' again, baby you got me goin' again." A little hard to understand at first. I think you'll love it once you give it a try. Hate to be repetative, but check out this single, too. REALLY awesome mixes. *****
6.Let Me Let You Know- This is some REAL R&B stuff here. Not a personal favorite, but a good song to unwind with.
7. Love is such a Crazy Thing- The classical piano intro, the sultry guitar, the funky strings and drums. Oh, what a song! Pink confesses her love in this one, a break from the girl power theme, "Is this love for real?" Very nicely suited to her range.
8. Private Show- This is my favorite song of the album, and just listen to it once to see why. "See I don't wanna meet on a lonely street, where the talk is cheap and the price is sweet..... And you don't wanna see the other side of me so I'm gonna hit you off and I'ma set you free before you fall too deep." What more is there to say?
9. Can't Take Me Home- Okay, a lot of the "F Word" in here, but it's understandable. As I've pointed out, the fact that this is the song the album is named after says a lot about Pink's personality. Or at least one of them. This one can take a while to grow on you.
10.Stop Falling- Who can resist the vocals in this? Pink's sexy, scartchy voice, and her sad tone and sad story her song tells will move you. I think the climax where she shows off her range is wonderful!
11.Do What U Do- Hey, whatever you're comfortable doing, do it! Directed to anyone and everyone. However you are, be comfortable with it. Great message, the tune could use a little work. ****
12. Hiccup- "Why every time I try to tell you how I feel, it's like a hiccup-cup-cup it just won't come come." Such a different song from anything else out there. "Pink don't think before she speak, but you got me feelin' feelin' feelin' kinda weak" ****
13.Is It Love- Oh, my! Pink is in love- she thinks, but she's not sure what's up with her man. One of my favorite songs, from this album or any other! *****

5.0 out of 5 stars Take Her Home!, March 18, 2001
Paul (Souther California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
I picked this up almost ayear ago, but I keep going back to it because the music is amazing and Pink unleashes her talent on each and every song. Her voice has many textures, and she shows both fierce confidence and deep emotion.
1) Split Personality - I love this song! Good introduction to Pink's unique style. The chorus has a gospel feel to it, and the song is backed by a crazy beat with flutes and awesome keyboards.10/10
2) Hell Wit Ya - A dance song with an edgy R&B feel to it. The opening is almost scary. I like the add-libs Pink throws in when she's not singing. 8/10
3) Most Girls - So far, this is Pink's most popular song, and I can see why. It perfectly mixes R&B, hip/hop and pop in one smooth song. The chorus flows well and is instantly catchy. The lyrics constantly rhyme, and the beat is intense. 9/10
4) There You Go - My #1 favorite Pink song! I think that because it was such a radio hit you have all heard it, so there's little explaining to do. All I gotta say is it's an extremely catchy, sassy and upbeat song. 10/10
5) You Make Me Sick - Another great upbeat song. The lyrics are the best part of the song, and she sounds really good on this. This is more rap than R&B, but it's still very very catchy. 10/10
6) Let Me Let You Know - A great ballad about Pink getting fed up of her man's lying, so she lets him know she's leaving. I like the lyrics. This isn't her most soulful ballad, but I still like it. 8/10
7) Love Is Such A Crazy Thing - I think that this is a really great piano-filled midtempo song for those who can feel it, but personally it's not a favorite. The R&B group 112 produced this for Pink, and her vocals are soft and sad. 7/10
8) Private Show - I like this song. It is more of a traditional R&B jam, like Whitney or Faith Evans, than the hip-hop feel that dominates most of this CD. Pink's voice is particularly deep and soulful here. 8/10
9) Can't Take Me Home - A fast dance song with a rap beat and R&B vocals (a good mix of both). I love, love, love the raw lyrics and honest rage. Pink's most daring song. 9/10
10) Stop Falling - 10/10. I think that's all I can really say... beautiful, beautiful ballad.
11) Do What U Do - Pink places a song here that is really uplifting and rewarding to her many fans. It's a motivation song with a heavy R&B feel and a nice chorus.
12) Hiccup - A very well-done R&B song with a fast pace and a stuttering beat. Love the metaphores on here, such as "You're like a cough on a rainy day, you know the kind that give you chest pains, yeah." 10/10
13) Is It Love - My least favorite Pink song. But she's so talented and amazing that even my least favorite is still awesome! 7/10

5.0 out of 5 stars P!nk Spells Perfection...., April 18, 2006
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
For the new millenium, LaFace Records gave birth to a fuschia-haired, bad-mouthed, rebellious, intriguing, and extrememly gifted woman named Alicia Moore...AKA to the public...P!nk. "Cant Take Me Home" was the debut by this R&B-turned-rocker and proved to be not only a stepping stone for the diva, but a showcase of her lyrical, vocal, and multifaceted talents.

The P!nk we know today is a loud, outrageous, and sometimes ill-disciplined artist, but we cannot ignore the fact that P!nk's pain and struggle growing up as a young a woman is all heard through the lyrics of her music. Being forced by her record company to "blend in" with the rest of the LaFace roster w/ an R&B sound, Alicia Moore delivered an exceptional effort to capture fans and break down doors in music. Then revealed her true colors, no pun intended, on her sophomore effort "Mizzundazstood."

Not to be "mis understood" with her sophomore album, "Can't Take Me Home" explores the urban sounds of P!nk and an amazing delivery. Opening with the tale of her two personalities and she rides the beat all the way until the concluding track she called "Is It Love."..This album is greta because of her originality, individuality, and creativity. Two thumbs to P!nk and congratulations on her platinum success. Stand Out Tracks: Split Personality, Stop Falling, Can't Take Me Home, Most Girls, There You Go, and Let Me Let You Know.

5.0 out of 5 stars R&B's Miss Thang, March 31, 2001
"gatchalova" (Philadelphia, Penn) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
Pink's music is strict, Philly-soul R&B with some pop flare thrown in to keep it appealing, but the bottom line is you must like real, raw and hardcore music if you want to appreciate Pink (21-year-old Alecia Moore). No corny Mariah-like vocal gymnastics, no sugar-coated lyrics like Britney, no tired messeges like Destiny's Child. Just real, down-to-earth, mature and respectable music with awesome beats and catchy melodies. "Split Personality", an explosive and exposed jam about fitting in with today's conformist society, "There You Go", the bouncy and addicting lead single, "Can't Take Me Home", with a white-knuckle chorus and raw emotional rage, and "Stop Falling", a beautiful, heartfelt and soulful ballad all take the gold. "Hell Wit Ya", because of its fun, fast pace and won't-think-twice lyrics, and "Private Show"'s Philly-soul sound, are also great tracks. Pink enforces a lot of different musical taste in the 13 tracks, and she grew up listening to a wide variety of R&B music, as evidenced by this white woman's extremely soulful voice. If you are currently enjoying the music of Jill Scott, TLC, Madonna, Monica or Janet Jackson, then pick up Pink's excellent debut, "Can't Take Me Home." Cuz if you don't take this home, you'll be missing out on something special.

5.0 out of 5 stars sassy!!!!, January 24, 2001
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
Pink nails the pop music with sassy lyrics. I just bought Pink's can't take me home and the only question I have is "Why didn't I buy it sooner?" Her attitude and bass lights up my cd player! If you are looking for a true GIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING type cd this is it. Pink has a great voice, too! Check out track 10! I 100% recommend this cd its great, I look forward to her next CD- hey and imagine that I just bought the cd to tape the song "You make me sick" for My boyfriend I wasn't even a big fan of her and now I can't turn the cd off!!! I hope you enjoy the cd as much as I do!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed Yet Satisfied, May 31, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Its off tha hook!, June 30, 2000
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
P!NK is sooo cool. Anyways, the CD is really good. Altho right now the only song playing on the radio is There you Go (which is really cool), there are other good songs. To describe Pink's style, it's very unique (in a good way), but the closest artists to her are Destinys Child, Aalyiah, and maybe Toni Braxton. The closest to her is TLC. Here's a description of the songs: 1.Split Personality- this ones ok, not the best, but not the worst. The chorus is pretty cool (and the best part). Her voice is lower in this song, so its kind of like Toni Braxton with a way different beat. And the end is cool too! 2. Hell wit ya- I really like tha rythym to the song. It sounds a bit like Destiny's Child. 3. Most Girls- This is one of my favorite songs. Her voice is great and this, and I like the beginning, and her lyrics are cool. 4. There You Go- Need I say anything? I'm sure you've heard this song, her hit single. 5. You Make me Sick- cool beginning! (On the phone). The beat rocks, and it sounds real good. 6. Let me Let You Know- Slow song. It sounds a lot like Destiny's Child. For a dance party, this would be a great slow dance song. 7. Love is Such a Crazy Thang- She actually sounds like Mariah Carey! Whoah, I just realized that. Well there ya go, if you like Mariah Carey's voice you'll like this one. 8. Private Show- This is another one of my favorites. Great beat, Great Lyrics, Great Song. 9. Can't Take Me Home- No comment, you'll understand if you hear this song. 10. Stop Falling- Slow song. Not my favorite...not much to say. 11. Do what you do- I kinda like the begining, it goes from like a fiddle playing to something completely different. It has pretty simple lyrics. Its a very cool song, I really like it. 12. Hiccup- I like this song. It is sooo cool. I really like how she sings in this. The chorus is very "unique". 13. Is it Love- I can so relate to this song in a way. I think a lot of people could. Its an ok song. In whole, this Cd was totally worth it, and you won't be disappointed!

Can't Take Me Home
Can't Take Me Home by P!nk (Audio CD - 2000)