Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ed Sheeran egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

Format: Audio CDChange

on April 10, 2000
Pinks debut album is hot she has really great songs and believe m there you go is not the best song she has great vocals as well my favorite song is private show the beat is good ad her lyrics and vocals are great also other good songs are most girls,hiccup,hell wit ya,cant take me home and all the other songs so go cop that
on November 22, 2001
Pink's debut album _Can't Take Me Home_ is an incredibly honest, talent-ridden collection of beautifully produced songs from a refreshing artist.
Pink's most notable characteristic is her brightly-plumed hair, indicative of her fluorescent personality. Lacking of many artists, Pink is a joy to see working; an intriguing individual with an interesting life story. Experiences as a club dancer, skater kid, raver, lead singer of a rock band, member of a gospel choir were surely informed by the life experiences of the throw-away from a divorced home.
_Can't Take Me Home_ is a much more personal work than that generally found in a Pop or R&B débuts. Having co-written a little under half the works on the album, so much of the album was harvested Pink's life that one felt that they'd gotten to know her on a plane instead of by listening to her CD while on the plane. Conversely, whenver the songs weren't of her machination, it is smartly written or produced by someone who is able to weave thier work into the mix without one noticing that there's been an alternative injection of artistry.
"Split Personality" works as a great opener by outlining each of Pink's psychoses as it segs into a disgruntled expression of frustration brought about by an ex's facility in being a good boyfriend to the next after shafting the former (Pink), in "Hell Wit Ya." Babyface's "Most Girls" expresses Pink's frustration with guys' thinking that she needed monetary compensation to inspire interest. Then, Pink closes the door on an ex-boyfriend who has betrayed her and wants to return in "There U Go*." "You Make Me Sick" whines/emotes the sensation of reluctant desire before "Let Me Let You Know" conveys the end of a struggling love affair. 112-produced "Love Is Such A Crazy Thing" is an ode to the unfamiliarity of a love that's come to be and "Private Show" features Pink turning the tables on a guy who thinks that he's just using her to get his rocks off, while she's not going to give him the opportunity. "Can't Take Me Home" is the tale of a relationship wherein Pink's man couldn't reconcile his desire for Pink with the perceptions of others. "Stop Falling" is another expression of sexual independence as Pink tells a guy about her inability to love and her unwillingness to fall in love with him. "Do What U Do" is a love of individuality followed by a comparison of the unfulfilled desire to express one's love to a bodily function in "Hiccup" The set ends with "Is It Love" is a tale of innocence lost as described from a girl to her parents. And she can't be taken home.
Pink's most audible or visual expressions are in the ways that she sings and dances. Pink's soaring soprano is intriguing in and of itself, in large part due to the knowledge that it could use some polish. Pink's danceability got MTV to invite her to emulate a performance from the early career of Janet Jackson, one of the most well-received dancers among recording artists.
Pink is a dynamo who allowed us into her life with her first album. After listening to it, one can easily feel her friend or at least a pert of said life. It would seem that her next contribution _Missundaztood_ will allow us even further into her life and thinking, if the song lyrics that I've read are any indication.
Pink's debut album is an awesome romp through her head and talent that is not to be missed. Purchase it.
on October 14, 2000
What can I say you gotta give Pink credit for being as cool and real as she is.Alot of artists now a days aren't staying true to themselves and being real, but Pink maintains that status. With one of the most impressive debute albums of 2000 Pink is red hot. With her gold first hit single "There You Go" Pink proves she is represting for the ladies but I ain't hating just congradulating, cause I believe a woman who can tell a man look at you there you go, has got it going on.On her debute Pink has alot of hot songs and covers many topics, the album opens with a weird but good song titled "Split Personality" which is a great start and I love how you can hear all the different voices of Pink representing each personality. Other standout tracks are "Hell Wit Ya" which is an awesome song and has basically the same meaning as "There You Go", "You Make Me Sick", which is great song for anyone it's just about someone getting on Pink's nerves and she's basically telling them you make me sick. Another good song is the slow but yet great song "Stop Falling" which I love because Pinks voice sounds very good and she hits all the high notes. Next is 2 of the best tracks on the album "Private Show" which has a great meaning and again Pink shines on this song also, then there is "Can't Take Me Home" which I think is great because it's all about meeting your lovers momma and Pink tears this one up. The #1 track on the album is the ladies anthem "Most Girls" which is a follow-up to her first big hit "There You Go". The beat, the lyrics, everything about this song make it hot to death. Wheather it's track 1 or track 13 this album will not dissapoint you if your a real rnb fan. So believe me Pink should be taken home.That's my review of Pinks smash album also checkout my other reviews of such albums as Kandi, Amil, Toni Braxton and love
on September 26, 2000
Who new this girl could sing? Not just sing, sing very well at that? To be honest I was a little apprehentious on buying this CD, 'cause often do I buy a CD and find out that the only song I like is the one they've been overplaying on the radio. That's what happened with 'There You Go', great song, but I was a little worried that the rest of the CD wouldn't hold up.
Was I wrong.
This girl has got a lot of soul, that is undeniable. She's up there, I think, with Whitney and Janet, surpasses Mariah on that level. Her chops ain't too bad either. Not comparable to Whitney, nor Mariah, but that's not the attraction. She holds a mystique, kind of how Madonna did with POP music, she does the same thng with R&B, and does it well. She's got a 'tude, and I like that.
But what about the music? This CD slams...for the most part. The biggest factor I like about it is that she wrote, or co-wrote rather, many of the tracks on this CD, using of course her real name of A. Moore.
The CD starts with the great track, 'Split Personality' which from the get-go emphasises its attitude with great results. The beat is infectious, the chorus highly dubbed, the over all effect is great.
Follow that up with 'Hell Wit Ya' and do I even have to mention the attitude in this one? This girl is tough, simple song about kicking that crap out the door. Love the beat, great song!
The next song is actually the reason I bought the CD. 'Most Girls' is a highly infectious song, written by long time collaborators Babyface and D.Thomas. I loved this song, but the only problem with this one is it gets kind of repetitious after a while, as do most of the tracks I've already mentioned.
Not so with 'There You Go' The lead single from the album, a Top 10 hit, and probably the best track on the CD - but there are close follow ups. The drums at the beginning make it one of the years most reconizable hits. Great track, love the 'tude htis girl has!
Now No.5 is the second best track I think. This song is slammin', from beginning to end. Love it! 'You Make Me Sick', love the title too! Great lyrics....that is another plus of this CD, good sonwriting. I won't say its amazing (REFER TO MADONNA'S 'MUSIC' FOR THAT) All in all however, it's pretty darn good.
The rest of the CD ain't so slammin' and thats where this one falls. The highlite on the latter tracks is No.10, 'Stop Falling.' The vehicle in which Pink can show just how her chops work. This is where she rises above the Aaliyah's and Monica's and shows just how talented she actually is. The song is sensuous and sexy, the piano has a lounge feel, her voice is perfect. Another high-lite on this CD which is the debut from an artist that deserves a long time in the music bizz. Not bad, not bad at all.
Four out of Five
on May 18, 2000
What's cool about Pink is that she wrote most of the songs on this album. As a matter of fact, LaFace records asked her to write after hearing her songwriting ability. She's talented both vocally and as a writer...she can perform, and she don't look too bad either. BUT, what I respect the most about her is that she does not try to use a typical suburban image to sell herself, like Christine Aguilera, Mandy Moore or Britney Spears...rather, she is true to the music she is doing (which is undeniably R&B) and adding a little bad-girl funk to it. Yep, "Most Girls" is the best song on this album (I will not be surprised in the least if this is the next single), and the beats are killer, like "No Scrubs" meets "Say My Name". Did you know that Babyface did "Most Girls"? If y'all pass this one up, you're missing out. She's fresh, and she'll be around for a while because she's more than just a mouthpiece. She writes her own songs...just peep out the last song, "Is it Love?"...the lyrics are surprisingly raw and real. Ladies (especially if you're a teenager, and you're dealing with crushes, etc) this album will not let you down. Let this be the soundtrack to your summer.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2000
"Can't Take Me Home" is a great album. I love all the songs, and Pink has a great voice. My favorite songs are Split Personality, Most Girls, Hiccup, Can't Take Me Home, and Is This Love? This CD is so good. You have to get it!
on July 15, 2005
I just needed to write a review for this album because I read the editorial review and I couldn't disagree more. I first saw Pink opening for N*Sync in 2000 and had no idea who she was, and I was completely blown away by her performance. I went out and bought her album right after the show. I fell in love with "Can't Take Me Home" that night and by the next day I had all of the lyrics memorized. Her voice is incredible, and no matter what you think of the lyrics/quality of the songs, I don't see how you couldn't be knocked out by the vocals. She sounds like no one else. I think her debut album is quite unique; like nothing I had ever heard before. The lyrics are offbeat and definitely not your typical love songs, or your average "my man's done me so wrong" songs for that matter. "Stop Falling", in particular, is absolutely beautiful lyrically. I think Pink has been a step ahead since the beginning, and if you like the music she's making these days, I definitely think you should check out this album and see how it started, especially if you love her voice.
VINE VOICEon January 2, 2006
Pink is definitely a woman with an attitude. And her debut album proved it.I had this album for years and still listen to it time to time. From the amazing opening track, the mid-tempo "Split Personality" (she talks about her many tendencies to act upon different personalities... very cool) to awesome R&B songs like "Hell 'Wit Ya," "There you go" and saw Pink, and I knew I had to get her album. This album is eclectic, well sung, and consistent, I liked everything from the strong backbeat of "Most Girls" to the very intimate "Is It Love" to the choppy grooves of "Can't Take Me Home" (my personal favorite groove song), "Hell Wit Ya" and "There You Go." There's also the stirring ballad "Let Me Let You Know" (which recalls Motown a bit) and "Stop Falling" (her vocals are especially smooth on that one.)

If you're into hip hop, R&B and pop this CD is for you! Almost every song is non-skip able, which one hardly finds on Albums this day. "You Make Me Sick" is a classic! this album will never stay unlistened in your collection.
on November 29, 2000
I like listening to this, Can't take me home. Pinks bold attitude is a nice change ONLY because I am so sick of wimpy r/b singers who only talk about love and how sweet it is. YEAAAH right. Pink lets it be known she don't expect much love just heartbreak here or there. Well she keeps it real and her lyrics show hardness and softness at once. The beats are fast typical TLCish kind of stuff but I like it a lot and my favorite song on here is #8 Private show. Babyface, who has done songs for Whitney Huston, Mariah and TLC does 3 songs on here, Split personalty (#1), Most girls (#3) and hiccup (#12). Something I like about the disc is she keeps it real with harmony filled slow jams but next minute goes to blistering hot fast shots of adrenilin. Like There you go or Hell Wit ya. Perfect CD of the year.
on January 5, 2004
I give this album four stars even though I thought I'd be getting an album full of Pink anger and growling vocals, but instead I bought the Toni Braxton version of Pink. She sings as well as ever, but to this monotonous rap beat music that after the first two songs you wonder if the cd player got stuck and is replaying the same song over and over.
I would give it two stars because I'm not a fan of this music style, but Pink's voice is too good to do it that kind of injustice. Buy this album if you like Toni Braxton. Don't buy it if you expect to hear some original Pink.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse