Customer Discussions > Dead Space 2 forum

Can't believe it's already down to 41 dollars!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 8, 2011 3:31:24 AM PST
Sloopydrew says:
It only came out 2 weeks ago. I've never seen a price drop this big this fast, unless the game is bombing. Is Dead Space 2 bombing?

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 3:35:59 AM PST
Most certainly not! not sure what's going on! I just got my CE in the mail and its great. Very nice for anyone who couldn't get the game before though! Cheers!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2011 8:20:13 AM PST
C. Kuhlman says:
It's not bombing at all. Actually it's selling double what the original did!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/01/dead-space-2-outselling-first-game-2-to-1-ea-says/

I couldn't pass it up for $40! Especially since it comes with Extraction. Need to get my Move on!

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 8:13:28 PM PST
Fredendil says:
I was wondering the same thing. Not if it was bombing, i was wondering, why on earth is this brand new game, about 2 weeks old selling for $20 less? I know it was a Deal of the Day on monday, so i didn't think twice and i bought the regular version for $40. But that deal is gone and it's now at $42? I'm not complaining one bit, but i'm really curious to know the reason behind this. I just think it's great this is happening, i can only hope more brand new games would follow suit, selling your games cheaper via amazon for a limited time or something... i dunno, just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2011 11:31:07 PM PST
My theory is that while the game has been selling well, it's short enough that a lot of people are trading it in already, causing the value to plummet.

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 5:44:36 AM PST
M. burns says:
I bought this game last week. This is really an insult to those that bought it or pre-ordered it. Does anyone know if Amazon has a 30-day price guarentee?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2011 6:09:38 AM PST
D. Garcia says:
No 30-day price guarentee....in fact no price guarentee at all. But you got to play it a week before those buying it at $40 (which is just "first mover" cost --- it shouldn't be insulting --- it's like that with all electronics). Enjoy the game and forget the cost....

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 6:36:44 AM PST
G. Sotomayor says:
Does anybody know if it is the limited edition

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 8:36:34 AM PST
April Fool says:
Does anyone know if the limited run is sold out with the standard game including extraction with it? Maybe they did a price drop because these are the truly standard ones without extraction?

Posted on Feb 10, 2011 8:39:30 AM PST
i see people pissed off because other people who probably are poor and orphans can now buy the game that they were waiting for for years now.
really?!
so i guess you would be really happy if the price goes up to 100$ after you bought it for 60$
just hating on people and very selfish.
grow up will you.

Posted on Feb 10, 2011 6:07:47 PM PST
DK says:
I bought the ps3 DS2 for 41.99 and it is the limited w/ extraction included.

Posted on Feb 11, 2011 9:42:53 AM PST
Great to hear so many people are getting hooked up on this deal! hope to see you on the multiplayer sometime! its great fun so far :) makes the game last a bit longer. ^.^

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2011 6:04:24 AM PST
B. Lee says:
already back up to $54.99. was lucky enough to pull the trigger yesterday when it was still $41! :) o amazon.

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 9:55:11 PM PST
Fredendil says:
Oh wow, lasted 1 week. Glad i picked it up when i did and nice Brian, you sure got lucky.

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 6:36:21 AM PST
It's the limited allright... come to think of it, I have not seen this "standard edition" that people speak of, all I've seen for ps3 is the limited editions with extraction.

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 4:23:06 PM PST
Saw it yesterday for $42. Came back today to get it and now it's $55. I'm an idiot for not having bought it yesterday.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead Space 2 forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Feb 8, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 2 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (289)