Can't get digital copy to work!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2009 7:44:04 AM PST
Bought the "2-disc digital copy special edition." Neither of the two discs indicates it's the "digital copy disc," neither will give me a menu to retrieve the digital copy when inserted into computer, and iTunes won't redeem the code (tells me I need to insert the digital copy disc into the computer). Also the paper with the code seems to be saying it's for a digital copy of "The Hangover"??

Any suggestions, oh Amazon discussion denizens? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2009 6:58:50 PM PST
I have the same problem, only the paper with the code in my copy is for Four Christmases. Something is definitely wrong. Not sure what to do with it though... I want the digital of Harry Potter.

Posted on Dec 27, 2009 11:06:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2009 11:07:07 PM PST
There is no Digital Copy Disc with HP&THBP.

It's a paper where with a code. If you're using iTunes, Just redeem it on itunes like you would any gift card. That's how it works

If it's a code for the wrong Movie, Contact the WB's Digital copy support here

http://www.wbdigitalcopy.com/support/?lang=en#supportform-content

Posted on Dec 28, 2009 11:54:11 PM PST
My order for a digital copy, DVD, and Blu-Ray seems to have been ignored and a different package sent (Blu-Ray + BD Live + On-Demand, which is not usable outside the US). When I search for the product I selected, I can't find it on Amazon. My first complaint against Amazon after a decade or so of ordering. And no way to easily complain or correct the problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 7:22:06 PM PST
Echo the problem. I got the Blu-Ray and BD Live, when my wish list specified the digital copy DVD. At first I thought the error was mine, but it appears that Amazon screwed up. No recourse either, since it was a gift.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 8:01:56 PM PST
I contacted Warner Bros. through the link "well, BLEEP to you" provided above to address the problem--they sent me a new code to redeem the digital copy and it's now downloading onto my computer. Success! Thanks for the tips.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2009 9:07:37 PM PST
I contacted customer service. Amazon gave me an immediate refund -- including international shipping -- without asking me to ship back the disk and said that if I would order the item I wished again they would pay the charge for it. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be on Amazon at present -- at least from Seoul.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2009 7:20:58 AM PST
very odd. Both my copy of Terminator 4 and Harry Potter 6 didn't come with digital copies or codes, yet says they are supposed to be there. o_O WB really dropped the ball this time. WB seems to be the worst in digital copies, but to not even include the disc??

Posted on Dec 30, 2009 5:16:12 PM PST
Garnett Fair says:
Lee A. Bartholomew
Yeah they sure did!Amazon.com did as well by supposedly to place a downloadable copy to view which they never honored.

My 1st set was broke 2 disc holder leaf-let,replacement was a 2 disc set,not the 3 disc I paid for.I am wondering what this next 1 holds for me!I should have just kept the 2 disc and took the refund,only thing is that with the 3 disc you can go online with your BD player,download the digital,see scenes that you wont see with the movie,and last,inter-act with the people somehow(not sure what thats all about yet,havent had the movie long enough to find out all the details)...

Posted on Jan 13, 2010 9:48:00 AM PST
Chris Myers says:
I've filed several complaints with Amazon, ITunes, and WB, got new DVDs from Amazon, and got extra redemption codes from WB. The XP download never worked. I finally was able to start a download on my Mac but after 4 days it has only downloaded 2MB of the 2G file off of my DSL connection. I filed a new complaint with ITunes because this appears to be an issue with their site. I'll file another with WB to let them light a fire under Apple's core

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 9:30:40 AM PDT
gorzecho says:
What Chris said:

it'll download very very tinsey bytes and give up after 15 minutes only downloading 1.8 MB.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2010 1:06:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 21, 2010 1:52:23 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 11:05:52 PM PDT
Gary Hsueh says:
I just bought a used version of the 2-disc Special Edition. It even came with a paper insert for the digital copy for this movie. But unfortunately, as stated on the outside of the box and on the paper (but not elsewhere on Amazon), the limited-time digital copy offer for this movie expired May 7, 2010. The digital copy is not included on either DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2011 9:24:45 AM PDT
There's an insert - piece of paper in the case. It tells you what website to go to and gives you your registration code.

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 2:15:29 PM PDT
I don't like the fact that if I purchase a product, I have a limited time offer to redeem something that I am contractually obligated to receive. I will see if WB will honor their contractual obligations or issue refunds for purchases made.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 11:18:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2011 1:31:28 PM PDT
Fred says:
Be ware of WB digital copies. WB digital copies expire after a certain period of time, so they are of limited use. WB is not interested in providing the product they state and the expiration dates are not clear on the packaging or not included at all. I have several WB combo packs that provided a message stating the digital copy was expired when I tried to use them from the disk in the combo pack, but no dates or other warnings on the packages at all to indicate the digital copies expire.

Of the 22 digital copies I've purchased in the past 2 years, the four WB digital copies were the only ones that were expired when I tried to put them on my digital device.

Another case of let the buyer be ware of WB products.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 4:19:00 AM PST
I'm having trouble too every movie which is made by 20th century fox will not give me the digital copy it ether dosent register the DVD nor does it register the codes it says they are invalided the only digital copy I have got working is green lantern. The movies which won't let he have the digital copy's are x men wolverine x men first class the a team and Thor

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 8:28:49 PM PST
Dont use flixster or ultravision, it does not work, you will waste hours and not get what you paid for.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions