Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Avatar forum

Can't get enough Avatar!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 23, 2010 4:17:50 PM PST
Music Man says:
I don't know what I'm going to do once it's no longer showing at the theater. Over the years there have been a handful of films that I've watched more than once at the theater, however since Avatar came out I make a point to go see it about once a week.

I'll of course get the blu-ray DVD but if there ever was a movie that begs to be enjoyed on the big screen, it's this one.

Posted on Apr 23, 2010 11:55:41 AM PDT
Peggy Stone says:
Fortunately, it's coming back to the theaters in August with added footage. I think it was forced off the screens by new movies coming out that demanded the limited 3D space, because it was still doing very well in attendance, thanks to those of us who wanted another fix and can never get that affect on a small(er) screen. You want to be immersed in Pandora, not just watch a travelogue.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2010 4:22:49 PM PDT
good to know! I saw this movie twice in theatres, bought it the day it came out, and my kids adore this flick. I would be incredibly excited to have it come back in theatres with additional footage. My husband and I have actually taken to discussing the ethical and philosophical issues brought up within the movie. Such a visually stunning and thought provoking film is a rarity. I wish Pandora were real....for our planet its almost a thing of the past.

Posted on May 1, 2010 7:02:46 AM PDT
Music Man says:
I now own the blu-ray, and it's incredible. The fact that Avatar is going to be back in theaters this fall is a dream come true. Can't wait.

Posted on May 4, 2010 12:21:33 AM PDT
Avadoran says:
Your dreams have come true! AVATAR is still playing in select theatres, I believe it is now showing only at IMAX 3D.
Here in Orlando, FL it is showing at the Universal Studios Theatres / IMAX 3D through at least Wed. May 5. Only one show daily (11:40 PM ) Check yor local listings!

Turn your passion for the planet of Pandora, its wildlife, its people, to conserving, protecting, and restoring our beautiful planet, Earth!

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "You must be the change, you want to see in the world."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Avatar forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2010
Latest post:  May 4, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Avatar by James Horner (Audio CD - 2009)
4.5 out of 5 stars (163)