Customer Discussions > Dead Space forum

Can't get past the meteor shooting

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2010 5:53:04 AM PST
ShoppingGeek says:
The meteor shooting challenge has stopped me cold. I've spent hours trying to get past it and I'm sick of it. I've Googled to look for help online and all anyone says is to keep trying. I was hoping a cheat was available or that EA had released a new version which was less insane, but nada. Any advice other than keep trying? Apparently I'm not that coordinated and thus I'm missing out on a very large part of the game.

Posted on Jan 12, 2010 9:58:09 AM PST
1, There are 2 cannons. Manage them so you won't get them both overheated at the same time.

2, Large meteor split into medium meteors, medium meteor split into small meteors. Remember this pattern for preemptive strike.

3, Large meteor and meteor traveling in high speed cause more damage. You are not going to shoot down every single one. Just make sure to intercept the most harmful ones.

4, Keep trying. Hahaha. Seriously you can sit there blindly and shoot all day (like most people in other thread). But once you identify the type of meteors, you should be able to beat it in 2-3 tries.

Posted on Jan 22, 2011 7:28:01 PM PST
your having trouble just beating it? Imagine trying to beat it w/ at least half your health left! I tried over and over to get the secret achievement for it and ended up giving up!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 8:48:44 PM PST
Super Peach says:
I HATED this part!!! I almost gave up until I beat it after the 100th time trying. Of course, my stupid nephew overwrote my game and played WAY too far ahead and I never atempted to try it again. Who thought this part was a good idea?!?!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2011 2:27:18 AM PST
ShoppingGeek says:
Thankfully, it does not appear that Deep Space 2 has anything like this. If it's any comfort, the next time I played DS1, I got through the meteors in 10 tries (which is still too many) and in the next playthrough, on the FIRST try (but never again). There has been a time or two that I just loaded a previous game to skip the meteors.

The tips provide by Andrew Martin (above) help a lot.

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 10:08:59 AM PST
QuietstormRB says:
This worked for me and helped me unlock the secret achievement as well. Use the left cannon for meteors that appear on the left hand side and vice-versa. Use both cannons on large meteors that split into smaller ones.

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 7:50:37 AM PDT
Ben says:
Try to remember you don't have to shoot ALL of the meteors. Some go above the ship and don't do any damage. The ones coming straight towards you should be your priority.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead Space forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Space
Dead Space by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (317)