Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
asked by J. Revell on August 19, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
I 100% agree with what you've just said. And, as someone who has taken photography theory classes, I can tell you that I've learned more from Scott Kelby about photography and photoshop than I've ever learned in any class.

You don't have to understand the nuances of how electricity works to take advantage of it's benefits. Why would you treat photography any differently?
Amazon Customer answered on October 8, 2007
Comment | 14 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Benjamin Leavitt answered on January 11, 2008
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
J. Revell answered on August 30, 2007
Comment | 12 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
David A. Morehead answered on January 13, 2008
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Scott's sense of humor can be a little 'campy' at times, but I like that he takes a relatively dry topic and attempts to lighten it up with humor. Humor (weather you like his or not) is certainly not a valid reason to give his books a low rating.

With or without the humor, Scott has a natural talent for teaching people in a way that is easy to understand and retain. For this reason, I recommend his books and seminars to all of my friends.
Mike Zupan answered on January 14, 2008
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Brien Malone answered on September 16, 2008
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree 100% I love Scott Kelby's laid-back style and I've read his 1st book on Dig Photography several times as needed and I never fail to feel like I've got my good buddy sitting beside me, telling me the best way to achieve a certain end in photography--and you know what? It always works! Kudos to Scott Kelby for his easy style and wonderful books, and kudos to you for pointing out that people who are disgruntled should've done their research before complaining!
Cynthia Farr-weinfeld answered on February 6, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have almost always found quick witted people smarter than the average person. Often those who don't appreciate humor lack the intellect to understand it. Scott is a smart guy who can organize his thoughts and books well.
LB in Dallas answered on February 11, 2008
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Old Guy answered on January 29, 2008
Comment | 1 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There is nothing wrong with you disagreeing with the substance of the negative reviews. What's wrong is that you clearly take issue with the fact that some people have negative opinions and choose to express them here. What I gathered from the reviews is that most beginners find the book very helpful, while some find the author's style annoying and distracting. I am grateful for both the positive and negative comments. Having been forewarned, I will probably buy this book and skip the unfunny digressions.
dglavin96 answered on August 31, 2007
Comment | 6 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product