Customer Discussions > Steve Jobs forum

Can't read on Kindle Cloud Reader

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 53 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 24, 2011 12:15:05 PM PDT
Dan Alonso says:
I left my Kindle at home (big mistake) and tried to read it from Kindle Cloud Reader. Although the book is listed in my library, it says This title is not available on Kindle Cloud Reader.

Do you have this problem or is it just me?

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 2:03:14 PM PDT
I've been reading mine on the Kindle Cloud Reader a lot --until today. For some reason it says I've reached my license limit, but only on the Cloud Reader. I can read it on my iPhone and my physical Kindle.

Perhaps the Cloud Reader is going through some issues right now ...

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 7:36:53 AM PST
I purchased a book on Amazon, clicked on the button that said read on cloud and nothing happened. No Cloud reader in the browser, just a blank white page. First time I have tried. Is there a download? I could not select my pc kindle app from the list. It is fine for reading the books already purchased, just not this one today. I don't want to try anything else for fear I won't be able to read!

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 7:00:42 PM PST
photummer says:
I flat out can't read it anymore. I have the book downloaded to my kindle fire. I have the cover but then a blank white page that says Steve jobs at the top. Am I alone? Kind of annoying to pay 15 bucks for a virtual book you can't read.

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 8:38:39 AM PST
photummer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 10:39:38 PM PST
Right with you. That's all I got too. Tried d/ling the thing a bunch of times. Nothing. What a rip as I can't find anything to tell me a fix or a human I can talk to.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 1:31:32 PM PST
allyamazon says:
I'm having the same problem.

Would love some information on this issue.

Posted on May 10, 2012 5:41:30 AM PDT
Matjaz Mirt says:
Same problem.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 7:43:52 AM PDT
JM Blackie says:
I've read of many who have this issue. I do, as well. Has there ever been a resolution? Or does no one at Amazon care?

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 6:09:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2012 6:12:55 AM PDT
M. Malek says:
EDIT: Figured it out. Looks like there are a couple of "Manage your Kindle" type pages and I was in the wrong one.

Original note:

I have a lot of devices registered for my Kindle (I'm a bit of a tech junky) and I ran into this issue today (License Limit reached).

I went to "manage your device". Interestingly, only ONE of the 5+ devices I had was listed there, and it's one I still use.

So I went to a device I'm not using and I manually deleted the book.

It still says I'm at my license limit.

I understand that I've reached a limit, but it doesn't make it easy to rectify. I also had a work "loaner" iPad that I registered on and downloaded my books, but that device has since been wiped. So not sure if it is still working against my license limit.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 2:31:06 PM PDT
screw amazon

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 7:21:06 PM PDT
Kelly T. says:
I have same problem now. Although the book is listed in my library, it says This title is not available on Kindle Cloud Reader. Can anyone help me?

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 11:56:45 PM PDT
Mr. R. Riley says:
me too. Definitive Javascript wont load in the web app.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 4:52:48 AM PDT
Red says:
I'm having the same problem. It's just with one of my books too. Not all of them.

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 5:07:13 PM PDT
Amy says:
I'm having the same problem as well. I can still read previous purchases but not the one I bought today. It shows up in my library but when I click on it the cursed "This title is not available on Kindle Cloud Reader" shows up.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 11:57:00 AM PDT
MalazRaraku says:
This is affecting 1 of my books. Chatted with Kindle support today, they are forwarding the issue to Technical Engineering as we weren't able to debug issue. Luckily the book loads on all my other devices but still want to solve the issue.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 8:07:10 PM PDT
Bee says:
Same problem here. Fortunately for a library book, which will expire in a week or so anyway.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 10:59:37 AM PDT
Eduardo says:
Has anybody solved this problem yet? I am having the same issue. Thanks!

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 8:32:43 AM PDT
Ro'eh Nävee says:
I discovered the same problem just today(minutes ago actually) after a digital book purchase: instead of receiving a link to Kindle Cloud Reader, the Web page displayed a link to Kindle for PC. since Kindle Cloud Reader, Kindle for PC and the Kindle device itself, are all ebook readers, I would like to know what makes Cloud Reader different enough for Amazon to eliminate it's convenience.

"One of these things is not like the others
Which one is different?
Do you know?
Can ya tell which thing is not like the others?
I'll tell you if it is so"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 8:47:25 AM PDT
onetime says:
Well, I had the same problem and contacted Amazon by chat today. The lady didn't seem to know what to do. I said I read on here about forwarding it to technical engineering, and then she said she would do that. I asked for a partial credit for the inconvenience of being limited to my fire and received a promo (approx 50% of my order) for a future Amazon order. It seems that some books that aren't available on cloud (for whatever reason) still have the option listed as "deliver to... cloud" and that that is what amazon is working on changing.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:49:08 PM PST
P. Minh says:
I have same problem, and it seems there is still no solution for it yet? I got frustrated when all of my devices cannot get the same synchronization for books I'm reading.. Disappointed!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:09:30 PM PST
Levy Nguyen says:
Same issue. And this is really annoying. I'm a pretty loyal Amazon customer and basically buy almost everything from them besides groceries...

I just upgraded to Windows 8 and when I couldn't open my textbook (says the same thing basically), I figured that Windows 8 was new and some kinks needed to be worked out--fine.

But then it doesn't work in their cloud reader either?! What crap. And they so strongly emphasize and advertise that I can read on any device. Not at all.

This gives me reservations about Amazon and my continued loyalty with them. I was also strongly considering their 8.9" tablet, but I am not so sure now either--I want a damn guarantee that I can access my books! And now I need to figure out how to access my textbook to finish my assignment for tomorrow.

Thanks a ton Amazon....

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:23:13 PM PST
Brad Harris says:
I just launched a giving campaign today to take all the proceeds from the books sales and give them to the needy. I posted an announcements for this, and the first person who bought it ran into this issue and posted it. SUPER DUPER disappointing. If I were a betting man, I'd bet Amazon knows what the issue is but is not prioritizing the fix.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 4:05:37 AM PST
Yeah, very annoying. The Cloud Reader is extremely convenient, and semester starts in less than a week...

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 7:42:09 PM PST
C. J. Glover says:
I'm having this same problem with just 1 book (a textbook) that won't load on the cloud reader. It's listed in my library but when I click on it on the cloud reader it says it's not available.

I'm wondering if it's a different format because when I view it on my kindle fire I can pinch-zoom it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Steve Jobs forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  53
Initial post:  Oct 24, 2011
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
4.5 out of 5 stars   (3,652)