5.0 out of 5 stars Cantina takes you on a mini-vacation, July 22, 2000
Michelle (Costa Mesa, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cantina: The Best of Casual Mexican Cooking (Casual Cuisines of the World) (Hardcover)
Cantina was the first cook book in the Casual Cusine series that I purchased, and of all my many cookbooks, it is the one that I use most often. The Beer BatteredShrimp with Chipolte-Honey Sauce has quickly become a family and party favorite as have the Sea Bass Ceviche with Lime and Cilantro and the Chiles Rellenos. Our friends have been known to invite themselves over for dinner and they usually request that I make these dishes.
The book is laid out with simple-to- follow recipies and corresponding, beautifully shot photos of each dish. Just add a secluded tropical beach with Mariachi music in the background, someone else to do the dishes, and you've got your own little piece of heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My Most Treasured, September 11, 2010
Cooking&Pet Lady (Murrieta, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This little book is packed with interesting and unique Mexican recipes that have minimal ingredients but pack tremendous flavor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice one!, June 20, 2010
This book is easy to use and the recipes can be as complex or as simple as you're in the mood for. And I don't know about you but I like a well illustrated cookbook.
I recommend the whole series of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these ladies, September 17, 2012
I purchased this book for myself and loved it and then I gave it to my son. He is a really good cook and is fearless and into trying new takes on traditional recipes. I am lucky to have a Border Grill where I live (Las Vegas)....

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Mexican and this book offers good options, May 10, 2014
I love Mexican, so any additional thoughtful recipes and variety of Mexican style of cuisine is welcome to my recipe book library.

Cantina: The Best of Casual Mexican Cooking (Casual Cuisines of the World)
Used & New from: $0.01