5.0 out of 5 stars Canyon Bakehouse > Udi's
Published on December 7, 2011 by MamaC

2.0 out of 5 stars "U"seless, "U'nfair, and "U"nhealthy
This review is for: Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free San Juan 7-Grain Bread, 18 Oz.

Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free 7-Grain bread is a much better and much healthier choice in gluten-free bread than, say, Udi's Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread, which contains corn starch, corn syrup, cane sugar, tapioca solids and some unpronounceable ingredients as well.

With...
Published 14 months ago by G. Charles Steiner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Canyon Bakehouse > Udi's, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free San Juan 7-Grain Bread, 18 Oz. (Misc.)
Diagnosed with Celiac in 2009, I have tried most (if not all) gluten-free breads in wide distribution. Thus far, Canyon Bakehouse has the best taste, quality and texture baked into it. I don't know how they do it... But I can't get enough. Udi's might be the "#1 GF bread", but it's only because they hit the market first... They don't even hold a candle to Canyon Bakehouse.

Canyon Bakehouse trumps Udi's in taste, quality and texture any day of the week.

PS -- CB if you read this... Please please make your breads available through Amazon Prime! And possibly not in cases? I'm the only GF person in my house, so I can't justify ten loaves! Well, ok I could, but I'm on a budget also :/

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it's gluten free!, March 19, 2012
Been experimenting with gluten-free breads for a year or so now and can't believe I found this. I've tried many store brands and have made several, very expensive recipes myself. After all these trials and reading extensively online, I was pretty convinced that to give up gluten was to give up anything resembling a good sandwich bread. Not so! I feel I'm giving up nothing with this. I'd take it over my favorite loaf of regular bread any day, hands down. I've had things that tasted pretty good, but texture was never right. They were crumbly or dry or too moist and had to be toasted. You couldn't grab a slice out of the bag and wrap it around a hot dog. This is soft with just a tiny, seedy crunch around the crust. I folded my first slice around a couple slices of Applegate Farms Turkey Salami and took a bite and just about fell on the floor. I just couldn't believe how good it was. I don't write many reviews. But I felt it was my duty for such an out of this world product. I want this company to survive and thrive so these products remain available. Try it. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Udi's..., June 19, 2013
I am newer to the whole gluten free thing and upon my initial shopping trip I realized I might be in over my head. Having an allergy to gluten and being Italian seemed like the death sentence. While I have not been able to find a great pasta yet, I have found the holy grail bread and Canyon Bakehouse is it! For the past couple months I had tried various breads such as Rudi's(YUK), another brown rice bread by an unknown brand which was worse, and Udi's. I was pretty darn content with Udi's until I bought a loaf of this on Amazon just to give it a whirl. I am so glad I did! I pulled the loaf out of the shipping box and my hands said, "this feels like bread", I took a slice out of the bag and thought"Wow, this SMELLS like bread". Guess what, it even tastes like your old gluten containing bread. It is WONDERFUL. Thank you so much to Canyon Bakehouse for figuring out how to do gluten free bread the right way! It is soft and delicious!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Far superior to any other GF bread, February 24, 2013
Having tried Udi's, Rudi's, and a host of other GF breads, I cannot go back to those after eating Canyon Bakehouse products. I have a completely GF kitchen, and serve this bread to my children, grandchildren, and others who eat wheat products. Not a word of complaint or a "Yuck" to be heard! I even pack it in my suitcase and take it with me when I travel so I can enjoy this bread in places where it's not readily available - it's that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful GF Bread, September 1, 2011
S. Erickson (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I have yet to try a Gluten Free product from Canyon Bakehouse that I did not like. The textures are soft and not crumbly even without toasting them. This bread is my favorite because it is can be used for everything from toast to cold sandwiches. I have been waiting for this product to come to Amazon. Hopefully they will have a subscription to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best GF Bread on the Market, May 19, 2014
If you've been looking for a good gluten free bread, you've found it. This is hands down the best gluten free bread out there. No weird sweet taste, no weird textures, and it doesn't crumble apart while you eat it.

2.0 out of 5 stars "U"seless, "U'nfair, and "U"nhealthy, October 29, 2013
This review is for: Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free San Juan 7-Grain Bread, 18 Oz.

With Canyon Bakehouse, there are no chemicals or unpronounceable ingredients and no cane sugar or tapioca that tax your pancreas in this brand of bread. There are different kinds of flour used instead and molasses for sweetening.

The ubiquitous and usurious symbol of the Kosther Mafia, however, is stuck on the packaging with a "V" (instead of the frequent use of the "U" or the "K"), meaning the consumer is nvoluntarily being taxed by rabbis literally for -- not a lick of goodness or health -- the few who demand payment for a widely unwanted, minor "service" for the few.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great bread!, February 17, 2013
We're not gluten free, not even close! We eat so much bread, but I really want to make sure my daughter has a well rounded diet so I'm trying to cut wheat out where I can. I decided to pick some up at Whole Foods and just made us some pb&js. They were so good. I've tried a lot of GF products and this has by far been the best. The bread wasn't dry or crumbly at all. I will definitely continue to purchase this. I was also delighted to find out it's actually made in the town I live! Yay for supporting local products!

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was regular bread!, December 14, 2011
My daughter is GF and when she got the grilled-cheese she ordered at a restaurant and had me try it, I truly thought the kitchen had made a mistake-- it tasted like regular bread. Afraid that it wasn't GF, I asked the server if she could tell me who made the bread. She said they get comments on it all the time and she brought me the company name and bread type (San Juan 7-grain). If you've gone GF and miss regular bread-- you MUST try this! (If they could add more fiber to it, we'd be in heaven!)

5.0 out of 5 stars the BEST, September 15, 2012
I love Amazon BUT WE ORDER DIRECT FROM THE Bakehouse and Josh in customer service is so kind, we are one happy customer ....I would only buy this bread and not any other one more
THAT IS BREAD for us gluten free eater .... thanks Canyon Bakehouse