5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful
As a massage therapist, I have a large collection of new age/meditation/classical CDs, and this is at the top of my list. Not only is it good for massage or relaxation, it is a pleasure to listen to for its own sake. It is soothing enough to be background music, but powerful enough to hold you, no matter what the activity. I highly recommend it!
Published on January 30, 2002 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but I prefer Jeff Ball as a NAF player
Carlos Nakai is an extraordinary individual. However, my favorite NAF CD's are, " Wind Tamer" by Jeff BAll, "The Shape of Light" by Jeff Ball and "Thunder Chord" by Coyote Oldman. All three very different CD's but all very uplifting. Also if you want to learn to play the NAF check out "Trailhead of the American Indian Courting Flute w/CD" by Jeff Ball and Bruce Whitten...
Published on May 19, 2010 by gregg hammond

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful, January 30, 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars The essence of peace is found here, October 27, 1999
This review is from: Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music (Audio CD)
R. Carlos has such a peaceful aura about him, his music and his style. This is the most calming CD I have ever heard. He captures the listener, and transports them to a place where peace and harmony live and problems fall away.

5.0 out of 5 stars A layer to add to nature, too, September 26, 2006
nozama (Champaign, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music (Audio CD)
Normally I only consider reviewing something if no one else has done a reasonable review, and for this recording there are plenty good and accurate descriptions and endorsements for this album. In the other reviews I saw, there is talk about its use in places with massage, meditation, yoga, as well as at home to relax and so forth. I found that it is also a great replacement for most other kinds of music one may play when out camping or otherwise in nature. It can blend into nearly any outdoor moment so the part of our brain that is accoustomed to hearing a background of played music will be sated and the rest of the mind can open to the nature you are in at the moment. So if you're the kind of person that likes being in nature, give it a try in that setting.

Of all the Nakai recordings I have tried, this is my favorite.

Oh yea, and I saw a person review to say it was "boring, boring, boring" - it can get that reaction for sure if a listener's sonic taste palette cannot appreciate selections in the realm of ambient, new age, or native american flute, specifcally. So it goes. Meanwhile, this is one CD for which I get a lot of positive reactions from people that hear it for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd forgotten how lovely it was, April 24, 2001
Terry Mathews (a small town in east Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music (Audio CD)
I had this CD, but it's been long lost....I was surfing the web the other day and came upon it again as good meditation music, so I ordered it from amazon...
The first time I heard Nakai's music was at the Taos Pueblo and it has lost none of its ability to reach right down into the middle of me and speak to something very quiet and very still. I work in a very carbolic atmosphere with no privacy or peace....so, I put this CD on, slap on my headphones and I am transported.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Haunting Journey, August 16, 2002
This review is from: Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music (Audio CD)
My wife and I recently traveled to the Colorado Plateau and the Grand Canyon. We picked up this cd at one of the visitor centers, popped it into the player in our rental car, and were instantly transported to a whole different reality. I've listened to it several times since then, and in my mind can still see (and feel) the incredible light and shadow of canyon country. For anyone interested in Native American music, this is a must have--a beautifully haunting experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, August 10, 2003
This review is from: Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music (Audio CD)
My mother bought Canyon Trilogy for me when i was 15yrs old. I was exploring the Native American culture, but I had never really listened to any of the music....Now I am hooked. I opened the CD and put it in the player...when the first strains of the flute floated out, I was in a different place. So calm and serene. There is absolutely no need for lyrics to R. Carlos Nakai's music, his flute tells its own story. You can actually see the canyons and plains of the west when you listen to his music, almost as if you were soaring over them on the wings of eagles. I cannot describe the power of this music, it holds you in a spell of peace and tranquility, while letting your spirit fly to the heavens. Whenever I am feeling a little stress or my spirits are flagging...I simply put in the CD and suddenly the world is a much better place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Journey into Silence, October 29, 2000
Patricia A. Weberman (Traverse City, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music (Audio CD)
As a professional bodyworker, massage therapist and hypnotherapist I have used many of Carlos Nakai's C.D.'s,ie: Canyon Trilogy, Carry the Gift, Emergence and others as a beneficial compliment to my work with people from all walks of life. Many who've never fully relaxed before, who've never meditated or had experience with Ceremony find an easier entry into the silence with Nakai's masterful flute music. I truly believe music can be a gateway to the soul, and Nakai's music is a healing treasure trove. I highly recommend his music to all of my clients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canyon Trilogy, January 27, 2003
This review is from: Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music (Audio CD)
After a day of stiff competition at the Student Trial Lawyers Association competion in Albuquerque, New Mexico, our team went down to "Old Town" where Nakai's "Canyon Trilogy" was being broadcast outside one of "Old Town's" quaint stores. The music was so relaxing I found myself "drifting off" into a semi-conscious state between awareness and sleep...it was the most relaxing experience that I had had since beginning law school. I immediately went into the store where I purchased the CD. Being interested in Native American culture and spirituality I find Nakai's music to be truly a "spiritual experience" and would highly recommed it! I plan on purchasing more...

5.0 out of 5 stars Transportation, January 11, 2000
This review is from: Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music (Audio CD)
If you have ever been to Mesa Verde or Canyon de Chelly, close your eyes and you will be back there... The music is timeless, haunting, and defies further description. If you enjoyed those places, you will enjoy this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shut out the world, December 11, 1999
This review is from: Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music (Audio CD)
Beautiful music that is tranquil and spiritual. Lets you light the candles and shut out the world for a little while. This music helps you totally relax and reconnect with your inner self.

Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music
Canyon Trilogy: Native American Flute Music by R. Carlos Nakai (Audio CD - 1993)