Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Showing 1-10 of 118 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on January 30, 2016
I ordered the 10lb kettlebell. The finish was smooth and the handle seemed ok to me. It is a little thinner than the one I already have and I feel like I have a better grip on it. It came packaged surrounded by styrofoam, inside a box that was inside another box. It was well protected when the jerk UPS guy stood several feet from my front door and tossed it, hitting my glass sidelight. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself. It sounded like a bomb went off. I didn't remove a star for the UPS idiot. I only mention it to advise that if you don't trust your UPS guy to deliver this, you probably want to buy it at a store. I gave 3 stars because the bottom is uneven and it wobbles when I put it on the floor. It doesn't feel as balanced as my other kettlebell. And for those of you who are super-picky, I put this on my calibrated postal scale and it weighs 9 lbs 14 oz. I'm not sure if that is normal or not. My other one keeps flickering between 10 lbs and 10 lbs 1 oz. I'm not so dissatisfied that I would return it, but I will wait until a local store has them on sale when I want to buy another one, especially if it is heavier. The UPS guy would probably knock my door down with a 30 lb one.
on June 20, 2012
How hard could it be to make a round lump of iron with a handle? Why then are kettlebells often so much more expensive than dumbells or plates? It's the fashionability of kettlebells, I suppose, but hey, that's just a guess. The Cap Barbell Kettlebells I bought, one 30 pound and one 15 pound, were more reasonably priced than others I've purchased. I saved about 30% on these, versus generics bought at Play-It-Again....which in turn were cheaper than some others I've seen locally and on-line.

The handles on the Cap kettlebells are thicker than most. If you have big hands, that's good, but if you have small hands, maybe not. The handles are also narrower than usual for each of these two sizes, and they are not as good for two-handed swings. For one-handed moves, which are the majority of kettlebell exercises I know of, they are just fine.

A complaint I have about the 30 pound Cap kettlebell is that the paint on the bottom of the bell is sticky, as if it never properly dried. I solved the problem with gaffer's tape, but not before pulling the top layer off an exercise mat. If you buy Cap kettlebells, check the paint before putting the bell down on a mat or carpet.
on September 7, 2014
I like the quality of this kettle-bell... But I must inform of the warning on the sticker which i had to squint to read due to the very small typeface used: "This product contains one or more chemicals know to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm."
My guess is that it's in the paint/enamel. Damn it, can't they just make cast iron weights without the cancer-coating?! This is ridiculous.

PS: Made in China
on July 26, 2014
For the most part the product is a great value. The 'bell seems well cast, and doesn't have any sharp flashing or an uneven base. It also arrived in the more secure type of packaging seen in Richard Hardman's customer photos.

The problems are in the enamel finish. First, the high gloss becomes very slippery if/when damp. Feels just fine at first, when your hands are dry, and even helps a tiny bit by making grip transitions smoother. Once you start to sweat, however, it becomes frighteningly slippery. Gloves or chalk are definitely in order.

Second, the one I received has a strong chemical odor. Not a solvent smell, as with a paint that hasn't fully cured yet, but something more like a vinyl plasticizer. Not overpowering, but unpleasant, and I'm constantly getting little whiffs of it as long as I'm in the same room with it. Worse, the smell rubs off on my hands, which means whatever it is isn't just outgassing, but is actually transferring by touch. It might be harmless, but then again, the possibility of spending your workout grinding an endocrine disruptor directly into your skin isn't a pleasing thought. As long as it's an unknown, it's safer to proceed as if it's the latter. Especially since such shenanigans are not exactly unheard of with cheap Chinese manufacturing.

Best solution to both problems I can think of would be to spray the bell with Plasti-Dip or a hammer finish enamel. Both to improve the grip, and to hopefully seal in whatever chemical it's leaching. You get what you pay for, but you shouldn't have to "fix" a product just in order to use it as intended, so it's still a red flag against Cap Barbell for not properly QCing their products IMO.

So check the prices on Plasti-Dip and/or tool-grade enamel sprays, add that amount to the price for one of these kettlebells, and if you can find another kettlebell (with good reviews) of the same weight within that increased budget, buy that instead. Otherwise these will probably be fine once "fixed".
on October 24, 2011
It looks like they lobbed it down a paved hill. Chipped up all over the handle and scraped on the body. Does not appear to have happened in shipping because I saw no paint chips, which means it was shipped this way. Anyway, I'm still going to use it, but don't expect it to be bright and shiny.
on June 14, 2015
I ordered two of these. Each arrived in its own box: one was in perfect shape; the other box looked as though it had been dropped from the top of a building. The box and the kettleball from the latter package were both pretty banged up, but since the kettleball's value is determined by providing weight while exercising, I just kept it. If, however, you are ordering them for a gift, or for a client to use, be wary.
on March 13, 2016
There are two factors that are important to know about this kettlebell.

The Good:
The handle is smooth. This really helps avoid blisters like i've experienced with rougher, more textured kettlebells.
You'll get a great workout!
Best price on amazon!

The bad:
It's not solid metal. I dropped mine and the black coating chipped right off on part of the ball. It's still fine, but this is not a genuine metal kettlebell.
If this were to chip in the handle it would make the kettlebell totally unusable!
on October 23, 2015
I struggled how to rate this. On one hand it is solid and the 20 lb one I got was perfect. This was clearly used with a shoddily taped back together label on its handle and a chip out of the black glaze. I almost returned but in all reality I just need it for exercise although it does irk me that I paid retail price with the intention of getting a new/pristine kettle bell and instead I got used /subpar product. It would be fine if the price was cheaper. Basically I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning it.
on February 6, 2016
I got this and another 45lb kettle bell for the great price of $1 a pound. The weight, balance, and handles are good but the coating on the handle is insufficient. When I first got them, I did a few exercises and didn't have a problem. Yesterday I did 50 snatches on each arm and wore the coating right off the handle. It is very rough and not something I want to deal with. I am going to return them now and spend a little more on bells with a better coating.
on June 14, 2016
My biggest complaint is that it took them three times to deliver one that was in acceptable condition. Even then there was still a couple dings but not anywhere that matters. Probably look elsewhere if you are going to do anything rough with this because the coating is fragile. Other than this thing fragile nature, it works just fine as a kettle bell.