Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 1 Count|Change

on November 11, 2009
Take note that CapRack18 is DIFFERENT from CapRack18 System. CapRack18 works just like hooks,and is better when hung over the door(will be limp when used on a rod), while CapRack18 System uses clips and is ok when hung on a closet rod. Nevertheless, they are both from PerfectCurve.

I wanted to buy the one with clips. Initially, I found CapRack36 System, I realized I don't need 36 so looked for 18. I didn't notice that I actually chose/bought CapRack18(without clips). I was a bit disappointed when the package arrived. Anyhow, the lesson learned is pay attention.

A few weeks later, I found a similar item(with clips) in Walmart. The label in the package says it's a Mainstays product. But if you read the product insert(fine print), it is also made by PerfectCurve. And you don't have to pay shipping ...
44 comments| 252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2015
Loved it!
review image
on January 28, 2011
The product description doesn't really say how the rack attaches to the door. Turns out there are two options: 1) Hooks on each end of the adjustable strap (one at top and one at bottom) which secure the strap to the door, 2) Tabs with screws that could presumably be screwed to a door or wall, etc . . . so there are actually many ways to install this product. And since the strap is adjustable it will fit many different sizes of doors.

The tabs to hold the hats are ideal for baseball caps, you may have problems with other styles of hats.

We secured our rack to a door and the bottom attachment point keeps the rack snuggly in place even when the door is opened/closed. Also displays hats so you can see them all nicely. You could place more hats on each tab, but then you won't see each individual hat.

The rack was a gift for my Dad. He wears baseball caps every day and used to just keep his hats in piles; by the door, in the closet, in the laundry room . . . he didn't even remember what he had. He likes practical gifts and was delighted with the hat rack! He even makes a big deal about picking out a hat for the day where he used to just grab whatever he could find.
22 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2015
I thought I needed two boxes to get both racks, but one box holds two racks. So, I have four racks. They are easy to set up on the door (about 5 minutes) and they serve the purpose. Buy two boxes only if you want 4 racks.
review image
on October 14, 2011
The product is a pair of nylon straps with rubber 'flaps' to hold your hat adjustment strap, doesn't work great with fitted caps and hard to make caps look good and orderly on it... I guess I just expected more from this product
on October 10, 2015
This rack does exactly what I need it to do. My doors are extremely well fit to their frames - so I've had numerous over-the-door hooks not allow my doors to close; this has the perfect hanger to fit my door.

Of course the product photo makes the hats look much more organized than I think you could ever get it to look - but I love this product. Could probably easily fit two side-by-side on a standard sized door if you need even more hat storage!

Photo 1: How hard hang
Photo 2: Inside door hook (at floor)
Photo 3: Outside closet view (at top of door)
review image review image review image
on October 19, 2009
I bought this cap holder for all of my son's and husband's caps. It fits perfectly on the back of our laundry room door and is easy to install and frees up so much room that all their caps were taking up. If you're looking for an organizer and space saver for your caps, this is it. I am more than pleased with this purchase.
on March 1, 2011
If you have the opportunity, choose something else. This hat "organizer" doesn't work well at all. Especially if you are
trying to use for fitted hats, they just fall right off!
on December 15, 2015
Beware of what you get. I ordered this a few months ago and was very happy with what came - fits well over the door and holds hats great. So I reordered THE SAME ITEM last week. What came was significantly different. FIrst of all, it didn't come in the same packaging. This time it came in a nondescript white box, not the CapRack18 box. That should have been a warning.

When I opened it up, the hooks were very different. The one from before, the hooks were sewn into the hanging cord. This time around they are plastic and move up and down. Secondly, the over the door hangers FIT my door that last time. This time they are way too wide and not nearly strong enough. Lastly the actual cord to go from top door hook to bottom door hook wasn't LONG ENOUGH.

It would appear that either these folks have farmed out their product to a lousy subcontractor or they've made the changes themselves. Either way, these are useless to me.

I'm sending them back.
on February 17, 2012
I rarely write product reviews, but this is an exception. I have lots of baseball hats and have tried other cap holders. I have a wooden rack holder and one with plastic clips. With either of these, every time you grab one hat, the others start tumbling onto the floor. It becomes like a Three Stooges routine, but a lot less amusing when it keeps happening to your hats (or you are on a hurry out the door and have to stop and put hats back up, only to see them fall off again at the slightest touch). After one particularly frustrating experience, I finally made up my mind to search for a better system, and spent a lot of time considering alternatives. This is it.

The CapRack 18 was easy to install without using any tools. The best part is that it really does hold your hats and even when fully stacked, you can take one off and the others stay in place. Eureka, my search has ended!