This battery is marked .1v lower than the stock battery. That said, I have never noticed any difference from my stock Nikon battery.

I use it as a backup for my primary battery and have never had any issues with it, although I have never gone through a full power cycle so can't attest to its longevity.
Published on November 2, 2009 by J. Larsen

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Product or Any Battery from Eforcity!
Published on May 5, 2011 by wevman

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Product or Any Battery from Eforcity!, May 5, 2011
This review is from: High Capacity EN-EL9 Replacement Lithium-Ion Battery for Nikon Digital SLR D40 D40X D60 Digital Camera (Electronics)
I purchased this battery as a backup for my Nikon D40. It worked the first few times without any problem and gave me no reason to suspect I'd have a problem. After about five uses, I put it on the charger and...nothing. It's not even that it failed to hold a charge. It's just dead. Naturally, this happened after the thirty day return period. I contacted the seller, Eforcity, and got stiff-armed. Bad product, bad seller. A BAD combination. Maybe you'll get lucky and won't get a bad battery but if you get one like I got, you'll risk getting stuck, unable to use your camera. Stay away from Eforcity. They sell an unreliable product and then hide behind their insufficient return policy. In working my way around the website to leave this feedback, I read some of the reviews for this product. Lots of people were happy (primarily due to the price I suspect) but there were others who had the same experience as me. It's not worth the risk and Eforcity won't do the right thing. Just stay away.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Waste of Money, March 19, 2011
I bought two batteries from Bargaincell. The first battery burned out in under two months. The company sent me a replacement. The second battery did the same. I got another replacement. The THIRD battery died. I tried to get my money back, seeing as the product was garbage. Bargaincell told me it was too late, that the warranty had run out. Don't even bother buying this knock off. Especially not from Bargaincell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Says its a little underpowered, havent noticed any issues though, November 2, 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Good battery for the price, July 13, 2012
B. Lee (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I own several DSLRs and my Nikon D40 is one of my older ones. I had two original Nikon batteries for this camera and they both died recently after several years of use. I usually buy the original battery from the manufacturer because they are ALWAYS better. I have a MAHA battery tester and I know that the generics never have the same capacity as the original. So why am I writing a 4 star review for this battery? Well, because of the price. It has about 80% of the original battery and has been going strong for several months. Some of the generics I own are only 30-40% of the original! Imagine that! I really couldn't justify paying full retail for the Nikon for this battery. For an older camera that doesn't get much use, I can live with more frequent battery charges.

4.0 out of 5 stars After one month battery still performing, October 24, 2011
It's been only a month, but if the battery lasts only 2-3 months it would still be more cost effective to buy another of these as opposed to the OEM Nikon battery at 6 times the cost. I'm a happy camper.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, January 7, 2011
I purchased this battery as a backup to the Nikon brand battery, and yes, it's a much cheaper alternative to the Nikon brand battery; however, when I charged it up and put it in my D3000 the first time, it wouldn't provide enough power to show the shot I just took in the viewer and would no longer allow me to access the menu options. Although this didn't drain the battery much, and I could still take photos, it causes me to have to turn off and on my camera between shots to view my shots or access the menu options. Since I'm sure this can't be good for the camera, I don't foresee myself using this battery at all and I'll just keep my charger handy for the Nikon brand battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase!, February 2, 2013
I have purchased a few backup batteries for my daughter and I who both shoot the same Nikon cameras. Excellent purchase - we have not been disappointed! I will likely buy more of these batteries in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Value Battery, June 26, 2012
Boyd M Miner (Apple Valley, UT, US) - See all my reviews
This low cost battery is a necessary purchase for anyone with a Nikon camera that uses it. Having a second battery that you can use as a backup will ensure you never miss that shot because of a dead battery. The price is so low it makes it easy to buy a few of them to ensure you always have a backup battery for you camera. I have purchased a few of these and they have worked great. As far as I can tell they work aswell as the original battery that came with my camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars purchase battery, September 13, 2011
received very quickly and without incident. Exactly what you want from an online purchase. I purchase often through Amazon and recommend to anyone to do the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value... not as good as OEM, October 29, 2010
Nice to have extra power... but the do nto seem to last nearly as long as your expensive OEM that came with the camera. Would buy again.

Rate and Discover Movies