5.0 out of 5 stars Priced right, shipped fast
I was quite surprised when my 8 year old, who is an aggressive little football player among other things, announced that "all the best running backs have taken dance lessons." He did not want to take ballet, but after we watched Singing in the Rain one night, he thought tap would be pretty cool.

So, where in small town America, do you find boy's tap shoes? I...
Published on September 28, 2011 by Christopher T. Dahle

3.0 out of 5 stars Wide????
If this shoe is a wide I'd hate to see the regular. If it didn't say 9W in the shoe I would have sworn it was a 9N. I will be returned!
Published on December 21, 2012 by Hossein Nanaie

5.0 out of 5 stars Priced right, shipped fast, September 28, 2011
Christopher T. Dahle (Del Norte, Colorado USA) - See all my reviews

So, where in small town America, do you find boy's tap shoes? I was prepared to make the long drive to the big city, but decided to try Amazon instead and was pleased to find these. We were disappointed to have an estimated delivery date nearly ten days out...several days after the first tap class, but disappointment turned to delight when they arrived just three days later. While he was the only boy in tap class, he was not among the kids who showed up without the proper shoes.

I'm quite confident that he will out grow them before he out wears them and we will be able to donate them to the dance studio for the next gutsy little boy who knows that running backs need to move like dancers, and that boys who can dance will never need to worry about finding a date to homecoming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tips for Taps, August 12, 2012
Mommy Kimmy (Ventura, CA USA) - See all my reviews
We purchased these black Capezio Little Kid tap shoes, size 1 medium, for my five-year-old son's first tap/jazz dance session this summer. Yesterday, he performed at the Ventura County Fair with his class of three- to five-year-old kids, and had lots of fun! The shoes are holding up well after six weeks of tapping, but there are two things you might want to know: 1.) the size 1 medium fits pretty snugly, and if there had been a size 1.5 available, the fit might have lasted a bit longer for my son -- since half-sizes weren't available, probably should have purchased a size 2, even though his sneakers are size 1; 2.) The taps seem to be of good quality but, like all taps, they are quite slippery -- his teacher suggested to parents that the kids should scuff up the tap bottoms on a cement driveway or patio, so that the taps aren't so slippery for the kids when they have to walk on the dance floor. This is a great tip, and something a new "tapping" family might not know!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made shoes, February 4, 2013
My son just started a combo ballet/tap class and so was very excitied to get these shoes. They fit him well, but the wides weren't all that wide--so unless you kid has SUPER-narrow feet, I wouldn't order anything smaller than a Wide. As with any dance shoe, order at least 1/2 to a full size larger than your child actually wears--especially so they have a little room to grow before you have to buy another pair! :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars runs big, February 27, 2013
You can't beat the price for this tap shoe. It is hard to find boys' tap shoes locally. The taps are decent. I first ordered them in a full size larger than his street shoe based on other customer reviews and previous brands of tap shoes. I had to re order them in his normal shoe size and they are still a little large.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality., September 13, 2013
I followed the advice of another reviewer and got one size larger than my son's normal size. The shoes fit great! Not too big but room to grow a little too. Quality is good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love those tap shoes!, January 29, 2013
I bought these tap shoes for my 2 year old grandson because he is always pretending he is tap dancing. This $20.00 investment has brought more joy and fun than you could ever believe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wide????, December 21, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Super narrow and no free return shipping!, September 8, 2014
Very disappointed with the sizing. I ordered a full size bigger than my son's size in light of the comments from other posts and made sure it was a W size. He couldn't get his foot into this unbelievably narrow shoe at all! I was disappointed to find too that free shipping did not mean free return shipping either. Make sure you check the return policy if your child has wide feet!

4.0 out of 5 stars Boys Tap Shoes, October 4, 2012
These shoes are very good for the price. They do run a little big in size. My son is wearing a size 4.5 or 5 in tennis shoes depending on who makes them. I ordered a size 4.5 tap shoe because I was told this brand runs a bit big. I am really glad I did not order a size 5, he has a good thumb width at the end of his toe,a size 5 would have been way too big. His feet are also skinny so I have to use thick socks with the shoes so that they will fit his heel better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tap shoes a hit!, January 8, 2012
Purchased for a 7 year old - they were a hit! True to size - a little stiff - but I'm sure will soften up with use.