1,064 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars For Sizing Information please read!
Published on August 26, 2011 by HMRT

3.0 out of 5 stars sizing confusion resolved?
Published on May 16, 2011 by Woz

4.0 out of 5 stars For Sizing Information please read!, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Capezio Daisy 205 Ballet Shoe (Toddler/Little Kid) (Apparel)
Ballet shoes (and even different brands) all have their own strange system of sizing - the sizes do not compare to normal street shoe sizing. According to the Capezio manufacturer, their toddler/little kid ballet shoes are to be ordered one full size up from their current street shoe size. Bloch brand kids ballet shoes are to be sized up 1/2 size. (If you order adult shoes, they're often sized down 2 or 3 sizes...) Any dancewear store will have this information, but unfortunately Amazon doesn't provide this tidbit, so it can be quite confusing as to what size to order. I hope this helps any future purchasers!

3.0 out of 5 stars sizing confusion resolved?, May 16, 2011
These are cute and sweet ballet shoes, and Capezio is a stalwart in ballet wear. I saw all the confusion on sizing, and noticed that the size chart Amazon provides is the chart used by Amazon for all footwear. Having a few dance years under my belt, I'm familiar with the tendency toward sizing discrepancy in ballet shoes. I looked on dancedepot.com to find Capezio's size chart: [...] According to that chart, style 205 (this shoe) is one of the ones that runs comparable to street size. Best bet is still to measure your child's foot anyway. Might I STRONGLY recommend going to a shoe store so they can do it with their magical slidey foot scale. It's *made* for measuring feet for shoes (unlike the tape measure in your sewing kit). Besides, if your (3-5 year old) is like mine, they'd much rather play along with the nice shoe store salesperson than Mama (eyes roll)...

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing info, July 27, 2012
I did not purchase through Amazon after reading the reviews about sizing issues; we ended up going to a dance apparel store to have her fitted. My daughter is between a 6.5 and 7 size toddler street shoe. The size 8T medium capezio Daisy 205 was a good fit with room to grow (but not too loose). The elastic around the outside of the shoe allows for adjustment. She is very petite but the narrow shoe seemed like it could become too tight as her foot grows. Hope this review helps other moms choose a size! The quality of the shoe is just a good as I remember when I took dance for years. I definitely think this shoe will get us through a year of ballet classes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right!, May 31, 2014
I read most of the reviews carefully before ordering. I wanted to make sure I had the right fit. My daughter is three and wears a toddler size 8. She also has a pretty wide foot, so it was nice that this shoe came in a wide option. I ordered one up from street size as recommended. I went with a toddler 9 wide and it fit great with just a little bit of room for growth. This shoe is great quality and affordable!

4.0 out of 5 stars These are nude, not pink. My comparison between Capezio vs. Bloch toddler ballet shoes., August 13, 2014
I am not a dancer nor do I have any previous experience with ballet slippers, but I do know a quality shoe when I see one. I wasn't happy with the options at retail stores in my area, so I found these on Amazon for less than what I would have paid in store.

My 3 yr old wears size 8.5 normally, even fits into a size 8--so I read these reviews and ordered up (size 10 D). "D" is the normal width and was perfect. These fit with only a little room to spare, so I think I will actually exchange them for size 10.5 D. They run extremely small.

I ordered both the Capezio Daisy 205 Ballet Shoe (Ballet Pink,10 N US Toddler) and the Bloch Dance Bunnyhop Slipper Ballet Flat (Pink,10 D US Toddler). Please see the pictures for comparison that I posted in the image gallery.

Both shoes are extremely well made and have nice leather flexible soles for movement.

The Bloch Bunnyhop shoes win in my comparison. I wanted a PINK ballet slipper to match the other shade of pink that is sold in most dance shops for leotards, tights, etc. These are perfect!! The lining in the Capezio shoes is nice, and I like the name tag. Unfortunately, they look too "nude" and won't match the pink leotard and tights that we own. And for that reason I will be sending them back and keeping the Block Bunnyhops.

The other reason that I like the Bunnyhops is that the elastic string can be pulled tight in the front, and it cinches up the rest of the shoe all the way around the ankle, for a tighter fit. The Capezios have an elastic string but it wasn't efficient in cinching up the shoe to make it smaller or tighter. It was just for looks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Size Chart is WRONG, April 14, 2011
My 3 year old daughter wears a size 7 in toddler shoes. Because of my years of dance, I know that ballet shoe sizes are usually not the same as street shoe sizes. We don't have a dance store within an hour driving distance from our home, so I had to order all of her dance supplies online. Because of this, I measured her foot 3 times to make sure that I got the correct measurement. Both feet were just under 5.5 inches long. When I looked at the size chart for this shoe, the length of her foot matched with a size 7. I know that some brands have converted their sizes to match street shoe sizes, so I thought that maybe Capezio had done the same. Wanting to be on the safe side, I ordered a half size bigger - a 7.5, thinking she'd grow into them if they were too big. When they came, I could NOT believe it. There is NO WAY that someone with a 5.5 inch long foot could wear a size 7.5. Absolutely NO WAY. I'd say that she probably could have fit her foot in a 7.5 back when she was wearing a street size 4. That is a BIG difference. She was so disappointed, and so was I. It would cost almost $6 just to return them, even though they shipped for free and weigh almost nothing, so I have kept them for my younger daughter to grow into. Now I'm trying to find the time to drive 2 hours to the nearest dance store to get her a pair that actually fits since there is no way to tell for sure what size she is based on the size guide provided.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute shoe but terrible sizing, September 10, 2007
I bought this ballet slipper for my 5yo daughter for her first ballet class. The shoe is very pretty, but the sizing is way off. I ordered her a size bigger, but it was still far too tight, and as her feet are pretty narrow, it was also way too wide. I returned this slipper (in the end, it cost me a ridiculous amount of money due to return shipping) and bought her ballet slippers at Payless which are her size and fit.

1.0 out of 5 stars As of November 2013, sizing is WAY too small, November 8, 2013
TRLK (Central IL) - See all my reviews
Pictures tell 1000 words, so please see the picture I posted under "Product Images From Customers".

There were many reviews for these ballet shoes that said that the sizing was off, yet others that said the sizing is consistent with street shoe sizing. Amazon's description currently states that these are in street shoe sizes, however, to be extra sure I went to Capezio's website, which confirmed that these shoes should be in street shoe sizes. The size chart can be found on Capezio's website here (I hope Amazon doesn't delete this link!):
capezio.com/site/co-template/charts/footwear-childrens.jpg

So as of November 2013, these shoes run several sizes too small...so much, in fact, that I don't feel like I can reorder them because I would have no idea what size to get.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small and not truly narrow, March 4, 2010
I had read the reviews to order bigger, because they run small, so I did. I ordered a full size larger, and they were still too small. I also ordered narrow, and they weren't very narrow. I had to send them back, and did not order a different size, because I didn't get the full refund. Very cute, but not worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars true to size in 2012!, November 1, 2012
i just wanted to let people know these are true to size as of late 2012, compared to street size, maybe slightly large, but not with some thick tights on! nice slippers, otherwise, no complaints.

Capezio Daisy 205 Ballet Shoe (Toddler/Little Kid)
$19.95 $12.48 - $17.96