Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 26, 2011
Ballet shoes (and even different brands) all have their own strange system of sizing - the sizes do not compare to normal street shoe sizing. According to the Capezio manufacturer, their toddler/little kid ballet shoes are to be ordered one full size up from their current street shoe size. Bloch brand kids ballet shoes are to be sized up 1/2 size. (If you order adult shoes, they're often sized down 2 or 3 sizes...) Any dancewear store will have this information, but unfortunately Amazon doesn't provide this tidbit, so it can be quite confusing as to what size to order. I hope this helps any future purchasers!
33 comments|682 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2014
I am not a dancer nor do I have any previous experience with ballet slippers, but I do know a quality shoe when I see one. I wasn't happy with the options at retail stores in my area, so I found these on Amazon for less than what I would have paid in store.

My 3 yr old wears size 8.5 normally, even fits into a size 8--so I read these reviews and ordered up (size 10 D). "D" is the normal width and was perfect. These fit with only a little room to spare, so I think I will actually exchange them for size 10.5 D. They run extremely small.

I ordered both the Capezio Daisy 205 Ballet Shoe (Ballet Pink,10 N US Toddler) and the Bloch Dance Bunnyhop Slipper Ballet Flat (Pink,10 D US Toddler). Please see the pictures for comparison that I posted in the image gallery.

Both shoes are extremely well made and have nice leather flexible soles for movement.

The Bloch Bunnyhop shoes win in my comparison. I wanted a PINK ballet slipper to match the other shade of pink that is sold in most dance shops for leotards, tights, etc. These are perfect!! The lining in the Capezio shoes is nice, and I like the name tag. Unfortunately, they look too "nude" and won't match the pink leotard and tights that we own. And for that reason I will be sending them back and keeping the Block Bunnyhops.

The other reason that I like the Bunnyhops is that the elastic string can be pulled tight in the front, and it cinches up the rest of the shoe all the way around the ankle, for a tighter fit. The Capezios have an elastic string but it wasn't efficient in cinching up the shoe to make it smaller or tighter. It was just for looks.
review image review image review image
44 comments|238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2011
These are cute and sweet ballet shoes, and Capezio is a stalwart in ballet wear. I saw all the confusion on sizing, and noticed that the size chart Amazon provides is the chart used by Amazon for all footwear. Having a few dance years under my belt, I'm familiar with the tendency toward sizing discrepancy in ballet shoes. I looked on dancedepot.com to find Capezio's size chart: [...] According to that chart, style 205 (this shoe) is one of the ones that runs comparable to street size. Best bet is still to measure your child's foot anyway. Might I STRONGLY recommend going to a shoe store so they can do it with their magical slidey foot scale. It's *made* for measuring feet for shoes (unlike the tape measure in your sewing kit). Besides, if your (3-5 year old) is like mine, they'd much rather play along with the nice shoe store salesperson than Mama (eyes roll)...
44 comments|294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2012
I did not purchase through Amazon after reading the reviews about sizing issues; we ended up going to a dance apparel store to have her fitted. My daughter is between a 6.5 and 7 size toddler street shoe. The size 8T medium capezio Daisy 205 was a good fit with room to grow (but not too loose). The elastic around the outside of the shoe allows for adjustment. She is very petite but the narrow shoe seemed like it could become too tight as her foot grows. Hope this review helps other moms choose a size! The quality of the shoe is just a good as I remember when I took dance for years. I definitely think this shoe will get us through a year of ballet classes.
0Comment|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2013
Pictures tell 1000 words, so please see my picture. As of early November 2013, Amazon's description for these slippers states that they are sized like street shoes, as does Capezio's website. However, you can see from my picture that that is clearly not the case. My daughter wears a 6.5 to 7 and I thought she'd have room to grow in a size 7.5...obviously, not so much.

There were many reviews for these ballet shoes that said that the sizing was off, yet others that said the sizing is consistent with street shoe sizing. Amazon's description currently states that these are in street shoe sizes, however, to be extra sure I went to Capezio's website, which confirmed that these shoes should be in street shoe sizes. The size chart can be found on Capezio's website here (I hope Amazon doesn't delete this link!):
capezio.com/site/co-template/charts/footwear-childrens.jpg

So as of November 2013, these shoes run several sizes too small...so much, in fact, that I don't feel like I can reorder them because I would have no idea what size to get.
review image
22 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2015
Will work fine for beginning dance for 4 yr old. I bought this to compare to bloch's slipper. The bottom sole is a bit wider especially in toe area so less chance of slipping but not sure how would affect an older dancer with more need to turn, balance, etc. The leather was equally good quality on both. I preferred the bloch inner footbed better as it's a softer suede like piece and the capezio is more like thin canvas. Capezio ran smaller than Bloch. The capezio has shorter toe length so may be better for shorter wider feet and bloch better for longer, more narrow feet. The elastic band is nicer on capezio because it has a soft backing. Both held securely for us.
review image review image
on March 4, 2015
I was quite confused by the previous reviews. My 2 year old daughter measures exactly a size 7 on the Squatchi shoe sizer I bought at home and she wears a size 8/8W in street shoes. Being afraid of ordering them too small, I ordered am 8.5W and they are a little big on her, but perfect in terms of being able to use them for a while. You can see in the photo that they are not form fitting but her toe does hit towards the end. So I would say that they run true to size as if I went any larger, they would be flopping off the back.

Side note: Purchased a pair new through Quidsii Retail fulfilled by Amazon and the bottoms were clearly worn and returned even though they were listed as new.
review image
on August 25, 2015
These are the best ballet shoes for kids. Two things:
1. ALL DANCE SHOES RUN 1-2 SIZES SMALL. It isn't just these. Order accordingly.
2. BALLET PINK is the color. It refers to a peachy pink color. Again, this is industry standard. If you want true pink, "ballet pink" isn't for you.
on September 23, 2014
What the heck? We ordered my daughter's true size just like Capezio's website has you do for this model (205) and they were ridiculously small. We would have had to go up 2-3 sizes in this brand. We ended up getting her the Bloch brand shoes. They do fit true to size and their color is more ballerina pink vs this more nude washed out color. We ordered from amazon direct as well, so it wasn't a knock off shoe.
on February 7, 2016
These are so comfortable and the fit is perfect.

My daughter uses this same shoe in pink for ballet class. She was a flower girl recently and I wanted to find a shoe she could wear comfortable for hours. I wanted her to be able to dance all night and not have foot pain. I have attended too many weddings and seen too many flower girls in painful shoes. I bought these in white and she was out on the dance floor for hours. No foot pain, slipping, or tripping. I highly recommend these for both dance class and flower girl shoes.

Size was perfect. I ordered the same size she wears in tennis shoes.
review image review image review image