5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Well For *Costume*
The CAPEZIO MEN'S FOOTED TIGHTS worked nicely for my Halloween costume. I went as "Bobbi" the transvestite in Brian De Palma's movie Dressed to Kill [Blu-ray] and I really didn't want to wear panty hose because I thought it would be cold outside and I didn't want to shave my legs, so I opted for these tights.

I bought the X-Large, which was just right. I'm...
Published on October 31, 2011 by Alex Honda

3.0 out of 5 stars Next time go up a size.
I chose the size based on what was shown and yet it still was a bit small for me ......
Published 7 months ago by Derrion Aberdeen

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Well For *Costume*, October 31, 2011
This review is from: Capezio Men's Men's Knit Footed Tights With Back Seams (Apparel)

I bought the X-Large, which was just right. I'm 5'-9", muscular, and weigh about 190lbs, and so I could have gotten the large, which is listed on the back for my height, but Amazon was sold out of the Large for Prime shipping, so I went with X-Large. It's a good thing I did, too.

These are tights and so they're tight, LOL, so the little extra I room I got from the XL was just right. They worked really well, not only keeping my legs warm -- though we weren't outside too long -- and are opaque so my leg hairs didn't show through. The picture is pretty accurate. Also, they're pretty heavy duty so you don't have to worry too much about tearing or getting a run in the tights like you do with regular pantyhose.

The tights have a seam in the back, so care must be taken when putting them on so that your seams aren't crooked. One easy way to tell is that on the front of the tights, there's a small fabric line, I thought it was a run but it's not, that runs from the toe up to the thigh. It's very vague, you'll hardly notice it unless you're really looking, but this line corresponds with the seam in the back so you'll know if your seam is straight when you put on the tights.

Another thing is that there aren't any instructions on how to put on the tights. Dancers will probably already know this but for the average guy: You can't just put them on like pants. You have to roll them down to the foot part, put your foot in and begin unrolling back up your leg; when you get to about mid-calf to knee, you do the same with the other foot, and unroll until the tights are even and then you can unroll at once until you reach the top.

I would also advice wearing a thong under the tights. Since they are tight, underwear will be uncomfortable or you could probably go commando, too, but I'll leave that up to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars They hug you they hold you, April 13, 2012
Talking about tights for men polarizes some people. Some get really upset at the idea, while others think "no big deal." The women in my life have no problem with it. Your mileage may vary, as they say...
Other reviewers have mentioned that these are tight tights, and the sizing is on the small side, so if you are in doubt get the next larger size. I have bought Capezio for years and they are durable and comfortable. The fabric, while thick, seems to breathe. I am often outside in the cold whether riding, fixing or shoveling and these are a great layer. These are not medical compression tights, which often cost a LOT more. That said they do, by their nature, perform some compression functions which help my legs feel so much better after walking long hours on concrete. One reviewer noted that these have a seam in the back which can leave a mark on the leg, I never notice this while wearing them, although I can see where the seam was when I take them off. A little pricey, but they help my legs feel much better, and for that they are well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Tights, January 2, 2012
M. Harris (Winter Haven, Florida) - See all my reviews
I use these black tights as part of a middle-ages costume for a madrigal choir. They are excellent quality - much thicker than hose, and fully opaque. As others have said, you will probably need one size larger than you're used to. DO NOT use the Amazon sizing chart! I found the manufacturer's sizing chart (web search "Capezio sizing chart") which will give you a better idea for sizing. I'm 6-feet tall with a 33" inseam. At my size, Capezio recommends an XL, which is what I bought and fits correctly. Be aware that tights are called tights for a reason. I'm a thin 165 lbs and the tights fit tightly. However, if I had more muscular (bigger) legs, I still think they would be comfortable. They have plenty of stretch. The bottom line is these are excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars The fit is good enough, but these run thinner than other brands, October 31, 2013
I picked up a pair of these in side medium for my ballet class. The fit is nice, but I found out the awkward way that they are quite then, and thus quite a bit see through under semi-bright lights. Thankfully my class is full of easygoing people and I'm not easily embarrassed. There exists the possibility that I just ordered too small of a size and as a result really stretched these babies beyond normal capacity, although I'm a pretty small guy so who knows. I might recommend ordering a size larger than you think you might need. These have held up extremely well though, I must say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to Halloween., November 16, 2013
Used it under a Halloween costume cape. Really showed off the leg muscles I have been working so hard to achieve. Fit as expected. Never had footed tights, so I didn't know what to expect. Loved the outcome.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice fit, September 26, 2013
Emmanuel E Holder (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
very comfortable, fits nicely, and look great on me. It was exactly what I was looking for. I even put in washing machine (which is not recommended) and it held up well. Didn't fall apart.

4.0 out of 5 stars exactly like your body, September 23, 2013
these tights at first were a lil stiff, but after wearing them for awhile and washing it a couple of times, it began to feel great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Next time go up a size., December 3, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Ballet Tights, October 25, 2013
I wore them for the first time for my ballet class last week. Not only they looked great, but felt great as well. Once I got into my barre exercises, I pretty much forgot that I was wearing them, they were that comfortable. I would highly recommend them for any one who does ballet or other forms of dancing. Men who do plan to wear them for dance should feel very comfortable wearing them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, did the job., August 25, 2013
I used this for a Link cosplay for GenCon Indy. They fit pretty well and were opaque enough for the costume. Overall, good product. Would purchase from seller again.

Rate and Discover Movies