Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 9 M US|Color: Black|Change

on June 7, 2007
The shoe is nice but they run really small. I am not sure if this is how dance shoes are supposed to fit but I wear a size 9. So I bought a size 9..they were tight so I exchanged them for a 9.5...they are still tight in the toe area. Be careful!!
22 comments|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2007
Good shoe but size up a size. I sized up a half a size and it is to small.
on November 6, 2012
(This review is based on dancing Argentine Tango; no other dances have been attempted in this shoe.)

This is really a great shoe to transition to after using flats for an extensive time - ONE WARNING, however, these shoes can be VERY slippery at first use. To break them in, I recommend walking on the sidewalk to scuff them up a bit to make them have less slide-ability.

Recommended!
on May 13, 2007
I have never gotten a pair of character shoes before, so I thought they were going to be sooo uncomfortable and hard to dance in like regular high heeled shoes. They were sooo comfortable. I wore them out first and my feet were not in dire pain when I got home. Instead of half a size difference from my street shoe I got a whole size difference, which worked well. They are comfortable and easy to dance in. I definitely recommend them for a short dance for a beginner.
0Comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2008
Like most people have said, I'd suggest a half size up from your regular shoe size. I had bought character shoes from this company before, so I was pretty sure how they'd fit, but they changed the material they use for the top of the shoe since my first purchase. Now the black cover on the upper part of the shoe scuffs off VERY easily. I have only used mine for one show and there are already places where the top layer is rubbing off. I'm hoping that some black shoe polish or something like it will help.
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2008
I've been dancing in these for 6-10 hours a week for the past month, and love them. They're comfortable (and it's hard for me to find comfortable heels since my feet are wide, but the regular medium width was perfect), and the 1.5 inch heel is great for dancing on the balls of your feet without killing them (but I also added a gel insole for more comfort). These shoes do run 1/2 size small, though, so order up 1/2 size.
on March 28, 2012
This shoe is awesome. If you appreciate the kitten heel and added stability of an ankle strap, this saucey little dancing shoe is for you. Always order 1/2 size up and consider the wide version if you don't like the feel of a form fit, these babies are very slender and run small. I'm wearing these to work and out dancing with the boyfriend and they've been fab so far. love them!
on July 6, 2010
This product is exactly as described -- I'm glad I listened to other reviewers and ordered a 1/2 size larger than I normally wear. Since the uppers are man-made material, they don't "give" as leather would. Capezio is a reliable manufacturer and I'd definitely order again from this vendor.
on December 22, 2015
I love these shoes. They fit nice and snug, very comfortable, very flexible, I can run up a flight of stairs and not feel like my shoes are going to leave my feet. I work in a small office and I can wear these all day with no problem. I've read reviews where you shouldn't wear them off the dance floor, but I am going to wear these in the street and office, with jeans, dresses, etc. Very pleased! I've attached a picture.
review image
on July 4, 2013
I have to edit the following review. On day 3 the buckle completely came off the shoe. I expect shoes to last for more than 6 total hours. This also happened to another girl in the production my daughter was in and they were the same Capezio Women's 550 Jr. Footlight Character Shoe. I also saw that someone else's new review said the same so I'm thinking there is a new manufacturing issue. This is extremely disappointing as Capezio has a good reputation and the shoes fit well.

I ordered these shoes for my daughter for a musical. With Prime they were here in 2 days as expected. Following the lead of other reviews I ordered a full size up. My daughter also tends to have a wider than average foot although most medium widths do fit. Someone said these run narrow so I ordered the wide. They fit great! My advice is to follow what everyone is saying and order 1/2 - 1 size up from your street size and if you tend to run a little wide, order the wide. You will be very happy with your choice. Hoping her foot stops growing so she can wear these in many upcoming shows.

Oh and on a side note, she got some scuffs on the toe. The upper shoe is not leather. I took a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to it lightly and it cleaned right off. You wouldn't know the scuff was ever there. Hope that helps.