4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but run small
Published on October 13, 2011 by R. U. Reddy

2.0 out of 5 stars A little baggy
Published 9 months ago by levans77

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but run small, October 13, 2011
First for the positive: These are well-constructed, compression leggings - not the thin, baggy stuff that seems to be flooding the market. Now for why I gave 4 stars and not 5: Normally I'm a size medium in all other brands of leggings (Danskin, Athletica, etc.), but not these. To give you a more accurate picture for comparison, I'm 5'9", my waist is 27", and my hips are 37". I had to return the Size Medium as they were way too snug and the ankles landed about 5" above mine. I instead got the Size Large which fit better, but the ankles still sit high - about 3-1/2" above MY ankles. Not a biggie. Otherwise I think they're worth the extra $, but we'll see how they hold up after a few washings.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm DYING! These are the B-E-S-T and exactly what I've been looking, November 16, 2012
for. Looking for desperately ever since Nordstrom discontinued carrying Gilda Marx leggings - I've been on the hunt for something just as good.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
update: 03/22/2013: Yup. Bought two more pair last night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
update: 11/25/2012: Amazon won't let me leave additional reviews for the additional two pair that I bought. I would buy 10 more if I could afford it - these are the BEST leggings!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just like Gilda Marx leggings! The PERFECT legging in my opinion.
No cotton - means no bagging, no pilling, no fading! I hate leggings that lose their shape and get crappy looking.

Streamlined and functional. Slim waist band, no cotton, super simple and perfect under long blouses, sweaters etc. Also, because there is no cotton, whatever I wear with these doesn't stick to them or get hung or bunched up. These are not shiny (icky ole' 70's and 80's) but they are smoooooooth and perfect for wearing with other things.

No see through!

I ordered XL (14/16) They fit marvelously and did I mention that they fit right at my waist! Length-wise, I could even be taller and they'd fit down at my ankles, too. As it is, I can finesse them so that they aren't bundled down there, just plain perfect up and down me leg.

About my body type and fit:
I'm 5' 6.5"
204 lbs (yeah, fat. Oh, well.)
Long-waisted: this presents a problem because I like things to fit AT or ON my waist. I intensely dislike the low-rise in anything. (exception: I do NOT wear granny panties, lol)

I like a snug fit. Snug without constricting, no sausage feel or look. I'm all about the comfort. These fit at my waist so there's no muffin top. Not that I would wear anything that produced that. ** I swear I don't know how people go out in public like that. I mean, even though their mirror is lying to them, can't they FEEL the freaking overflow at their belt-line wherever it hits and isn't it uncomfortable?! **

I'm buying several more pair of these in case they decide to stop producing them.

THEY'RE FREAKIN' PERFECT FOR ME!!!!!

Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars a great legging, November 25, 2011
these are great multi-use leggings...the fabric is similar to a work-out pant in that it's a little thicker and tighter weave than a regular cotton blend fabric, but you don't get that sheen that work-out-spandexy leggings have. they stay tight and fitted to the legs and waist with multiple wears. they're a bit high-waisted for my preference but at least they're high-waisted in a comfortable and attractive kind of way. i am 5'0'' and 105lbs-i got the xs thinking i was running the risk of them being too small due to the other reviews i read- but they're fine. they feel good at that size and the length is good too...at 5'0" i'm used to leggings being too long on me and i've come to prefer it that way since i like keeping them pulled over my ankles, but these sit right at my ankle with a little room to stretch. they are opaque and don't show through except on severe bends...example: if you bend all the way over to touch your toes the fabric does show through a tiny bit at the butt, but it's not that noticeable-especially if you wear black undies- besides, that is true with All stretch pants and is to be expected...for regular wear activities they are fine and look great paired with a longer shirt. they're a nice option for extending the legging look into the winter months as they are much warmer than a cotton-blend.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the ones I've been looking for, November 5, 2012
I have been looking for the perfect "leggings" which are my favorite attire ...It has taken four previous orders to find these....THESE ARE THE ONES I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR!....The fit is nice and snug (firm hold)...but not TOO tight....Just Right....I bought two pairs and loved them and bought another 2 pairs. These are the nicest ones I have found. I am 5'6"...138 lbs and I wear a size M which fits perfectly. Would I recommend???.....YES!...They look good and feel good to wear. I may get some more..

5.0 out of 5 stars great leggings, March 29, 2011
I liked these very much. The fabric is thick and soft and has great stretch. Very happy. Also they run true to size,

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever, August 2, 2011
These are perfect and exactly what I wanted. They are not shiny or see-through. I wear them to the gym, or as part of my everyday outfit. They are a perfect substitute for the Danskin leggings I used to buy but are now discontinued. I would wear them every day if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars great legging, November 13, 2012
I've worn this to dance class and out as just regular leggings. I love them. They're comfortable and flattering and dont look like workout leggings. The sizing mentioned in these reviews is off though. I ordered a large (5'6' and 135) and its far too big (and long). They are more true to size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great leggings, but not for me., May 23, 2012
This review is from: Capezio Women's Capezio Women'S Supplex® Ankle Legging (Apparel)
I have a pair of Capezio's regular (not supplex) ankle leggings and I LOVE them. Bought these to try out the different fabric. My initial thoughts on these are:
-they are significantly higher waisted than normal Capezio leggings. This is neither good nor bad, but be forewarned.
-the fabric is the perfect middle-ground between cotton and spandex. Not shiny, but not faded and "fuzzy" like some cotton leggings.
-VERY comfy.
-size small (4-6) fits me well (except for the high waist). I am 5'3", 112 lbs, with 31 inch hips.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to a friend, BUT I like the original cotton Capezio leggings just as much if not better.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I was looking for, January 30, 2012
I had been looking for some basic workout leggings for a while. These fit the bill perfectly. They're a nice substantial fabric, so they're flattering (i.e. don't show every single bulge). They have great stretch making them really comfortable for moving around. And, they're nice and matte--I'm not a big fan of super shiny leggings. Wish they had more colors!

I do wonder how well these would work for taller folks. I'm 5'1" and they're not excessively long on me (a rarity!). So if you're tall, they might get a bit stretched out or come up a bit higher on the leg.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little baggy, October 24, 2013
I am 5'8 and normally 125 pounds (I'm currently 6 months pregnant). I purchased the medium because I'm pregnant and hips are measuring 37.5 and figured I'll get bigger. But I really should have gone with the small as the medium feels loose. I also wish these were more of a low rise waist. And for long legs, these are just barely reaching my ankles. These may not be the right leggings for you if you are tall and slender.

Rate and Discover Movies