5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe
I'll tell you I was a bit nervous ordering these, because I read reviews of different ballet shoes with comments (as well as photos) indicating that the shoes run small. The only thing I can think of is that those who ordered simply got their ordering size wrong because I got these today and they fit me perfectly. I ordered my regular size shoe.

The sizing...
Published on October 7, 2011 by Valley Reflections

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost Quality
I've always trusted the Capezio brand, like so many products the quality has been compromised, The leather does not feel supple, sole padding and stitching are very inferior quality. I think purchasing from the store and getting a personal fitting is the best way to go with this slipper.
Published on October 31, 2011 by Universal

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe, October 7, 2011
This review is from: Capezio Women's 200 Teknik Ballet Shoe (Apparel)

The sizing chart for these is admittedly confusing to the eye. They could make that more user friendly in my mind, and it might save people from ordering the wrong size shoe. However, I had no difficulty.

A beautiful shoe this is. The leather is soft, and the draw string is much nicer than the old cotton strings - these are stretch nylon and they hold the position you pull them to. The strap falls in the right place and is not too tight. The lining is comfy. The soles feel great to walk on. In addition, it has a great design is looks beautiful on your foot.

I am pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, November 5, 2010
I ordered these shoes for a Halloween costume actually (Circus girl tight rope walker) and let me say these babies got me through 3 straight nights of festive holiday adult fun with plenty of mileage put on them via foot.

Not only were they awesome they looked way cute too.

Just the right price, can't wait to wear them again with some skinny jeans for the real ballet flat look but these shoes actually want to make me take a real ballet class. Fits true to size. I wear a size 6.5 to 7 depends on the cut of the shoe and I ordered a 7 and I couldn't have been happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good slippers. Sizing is correct., June 7, 2013
My street shoes size is 5M. I read the reviews and bought 1/2 larger and they were too big for me. I sent them back and reordered 5B. They fit just right. The return was very easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, perfect for ballet class, November 21, 2013
I bought two pairs in smaller sizes. I read other reviews that said ballet shoes should be sized about two sizes below what you normally wear. I did that and the shoes was definitely too small. Thanks to Amazon's free returns I ordered a larger size which was also too small. I finally just ordered a pair in my normal size and they fit great. They're comfortable and perform exactly as they should. At least as far as this brand/model goes - order your normal size and you should be good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost Quality, October 31, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic ballet slipper for barre work, January 30, 2014
This Capezio Teknik ballet shoe is the timeless companion that you greet like an old friend every time you begin a practice. The shoe fits snugly, as it should, and will stretch out to conform to your foot as you wear it. Nowadays, the elastic straps are already sewn in when you buy them, which is handy. The drawstring tie at the front makes the shoe adjustable so there isn't any gaping. The bottom of the shoe has a smooth suede sole, and the pleats around the toe are nice and flat.

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable! I bought these to use while doing barre workouts at home., December 21, 2013
These are awesome and comfortable for use with my ballet barre workout dvds rather than going barefoot.
I absolutely love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars For the stage! - don't forget to break them in!, July 22, 2013
I bought these for the stage :)... not for dance, but for acting - hehe. I needed black shoes and wanted something comfortable, and flexible. I got these and put them on - I admit to being very excited because I remembered how comfy they were. I was shocked when my feet screamed at me! >.< Then I realized... CRAP! I forgot I need to break them in first! - Now, they're wonderful :) I will use them for all shows that require a black shoe :) They're holding up nicely and fit perfectly. (I used their measuring chart and measured my feet with a tape measure - for sewing). I recommend measuring BOTH feet... and get the size that matches your largest foot best. My feet are about 1/4" different in length. (a little less than 1/4") ... Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars I HAVE HAD A PAIR OF THESE BALLET SHOES ALMOST ALL MY LIFE, February 26, 2014
THIS IS THE BEST BALLET SHOE YOU CAN BUY, AT A VERY FINE PRICE. LONG AFTER I STOPPED DANCING AND CLOSED MY OWN THEATRE, I STILL BOUGHT CAPEZIO TEKNIK BALLET SHOES. I COULD NEVER BE WITHOUT A BLACK OR WHITE PAIR. THEY FOLD UP SMALL AND FIT IN A PURSE, and THEY ARE FROM HEAVEN WHEN YOU ATTEND A WEDDING AND YOUR FEET GIVE OUT ON YOU. My tip to you is to leave the elastic on, and just put your foot on top of it, if you don't want it to show. Some time you will be glad to have the elastic there to use. I have a WIDE FOOT, and AMAZON has all sizes, whereas many stores do not. THANK YOU AGAIN AMAZON.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these shoes!, February 5, 2014
But whatever your shoe size is, you should order one half or a full size larger, and order the B width, unless your foot is really wide. It's a nice leather ballet shoe with a firm insole for good support. I bought these to do yoga and barre exercises without bare feet. I can't stand my feet on the bare floor and never walk barefoot. I've never been a barefooter.

Trust me, you'll love these shoes too.

Capezio Women's 200 Teknik Ballet Shoe