Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Capresso 261.04 teaC100 Temperature Controlled Wa...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 36% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Capresso 261.04 teaC100 Temperature Controlled Water Kettle
|Sale:||$89.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$10.99 (11%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Large, 48-ounce heat resistant glass carafe with drip-free pouring design
- Slip-free, textured underside handle
- Cordless water kettle lifts from power base making it ideal for right or left handed serving
- Concealed heating element covered in stainless steel
- 5 temperature settings
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Capresso 261.04 teaC100 Temperature Controlled Water Kettle
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||The Kitchen Clique||Amazon.com||KITCHEN COUTURE||HOUSE SMART|
|Material||Glass||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Not Applicable|
|Dimensions||10.25 inches x 9.63 inches x 8.25 inches||12 inches x 8.25 inches x 9.75 inches||10 inches x 6.5 inches x 8.25 inches||6 inches x 8 inches x 10 inches|
|Item Weight||5 pounds||6.5 pounds||3 pounds||2.3 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Capresso Temperature Controlled Cordless Water Kettle
Black with Stainless Steel Accents
The teaC100 temperature controlled cordless water kettle is not only the perfect choice for preparing water for tea, but also a great way to heat water for a variety of other food and beverages from hot chocolate and French press coffee, to instant soup, preparing yeast or rehydrating dried mushrooms or tomatoes. Made of durable, scratch and heat resistant German SCHOTT glass the teaC100 kettle showcases the natural beauty of water. This beautiful cordless glass water kettle has five temperature settings to allow tea lovers to heat water to the optimal temperature to extract the best flavor of any type of tea they desire.
How Things Work
Saving Time and Energy
Inside the kettle, a stainless steel dome conceals the highly efficient heating element that boils water faster and uses less energy than stovetop kettles. Temperature settings are printed directly on the control panel showing the ideal temperature settings for black tea, oolong tea, white tea and green tea. Each temperature setting is labeled according to the type of tea the user is preparing, including green, white, oolong and black tea. Additionally, the teaC100 can warm water for French press coffee, or simply keeps water warm (100 degrees F). Designed to heat the water to the desired temperature quickly, the stainless steel heating element boils water in half the time as a traditional stovetop kettle -- saving time and energy.
Tea Made Easy
Perfectly Steeped equals Great Taste
To extract the best flavor it is necessary to steep tea leaves at the correct water temperature and for the right amount of time. Brew black, white, green and oolong tea, perfectly with the teaC100 water kettle from Capresso. With a turn of the knob, choose from five temperature settings: 100 degrees, 160 degrees, 175 degrees, 195 degrees or 212 degrees F (boil).
- 48-oz (6 cup) capacity
- 5 temperature settings from 100 degrees F to 212 degrees F
- Beautiful and durable heat resistant German SCHOTT glass
- Fast, quiet boil
- Safety auto shut-off
- Boil dry protection
- Concealed heating element covered in stainless-steel
- Beautiful and durable heat resistant German SCHOTT Glass
- Slip free, textured underside handle
- Cordless design with 360 degrees swivel base for right or left hand use
Top Customer Reviews
- No (or at least minimal) plastic parts in contact with water (important for health reasons; see update below).
- Temperature control works very well, so it's great for tea lovers.
- Reasonably attractive retro-modern design.
- Auto-shutoff works properly at high altitude (8500 feet here), unlike at least one of its temperature-controlled competitors.
- The unique design of this kettle has a flaw for single-serving use: The steel dome at the bottom must be completely submerged to avoid damage, which means you always have to heat at least 2 1/2 cups at a time, even if you only need one (because if you only put one cup in, it won't cover the top of the steel dome). This unnecessarily wastes energy, water, and time, and this problem doesn't exist with other kettles (it's specifically a result of the design of this particular model with the dome at the bottom).
- Another downside to the glass-and-steel design: If your water is hard, the beautiful, shiny steel dome will be covered in calcium scaling before long, and since the kettle is glass, that scaling is visible. In our home, the water is quite hard and it only takes a day of use for the scaling to be quite visible. So, unless your water is pretty soft, you'll have to choose between frequent cleanings with vinegar or leaving a visibly scaled-up kettle on your counter. In other words, in hard-water locations, it's a more high-maintenance kettle than its all-steel competitors.Read more ›
As a replacement for this kettle, I ordered the Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle. So far it has been fantastic. It has a variable temperature setting the will maintain a constant temperature for a pre-determined time. The Capresso would bring the water to one of five pre-determined temperatures and then shut off once it has been reached. Plus the Bonavita is an all stainless kettle. The only plastic on the kettle is where the handle attaches at the very top, which is out of reach of the heated water. I highly recommend the Bonavita over the Capresso.
Initial heating of water first thing in the morning:
Filled to maximum capacity which is 48 oz
Water and ambient air temperature: 75 F
Time to reach 195 F was 4 mins 30 secs.
Used the following to measure temperature:
CDN DTQ450X ProAccurate Quick-Read Thermometer
Reheats within minutes if reheating within a few hours after the initial heating. I do not refill the kettle with water until after making my last cup of tea.
Love its simplicity of operation!
Kettle still going strong, still using daily.
Turn dial to desired temperature then press the center of the dial to turn on.
When ON, a blue ring on the knob lights up along with a blue LED next to the selected temperature. Lighting turns OFF when water is at desired temperature.
Would have been nice if it had a means to audibly notify that the water is at the desired temperature.
Still luv'in the kettle...
Kettle stopped heating water earlier Dec '12, received replacement after Christmas '12. Had to shipped back the unit to Capresso at my own expense.
The replacement was a new unit, but the power switch does appear to be defective. The switch sometimes requires an extra press or two to turn the unit on. Haven't decided if I want to request another replacement, appears there are quality issues after reading some of the other reviews.
Somewhat disappointing after owning a Capresso espresso maker for over 6 years which is still going strong.
Changed rating from 5 stars to 3...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
i had one of these for years and loved it. when it finally died of old age i was happy to find one on Amazon.Published 4 days ago by Sandy Townzen
This is my second Water Kettle by Capresso. I really like the clear glass and my water is hot and ready in no time!Published 5 days ago by Pinkie
This is titled "Brushed stainless steel", the image shows a brushed stainless steel kettle, but down at the end of the description in little letters it says polished... Read morePublished 10 days ago by AmazonPurchaser
Had this for less than a year until yesterday it decided it just wasn't going to work anymore. For the price it should last longer than that. Read morePublished 12 days ago by raybee
This is the third identical Capresso H2O Plus kettle that we've purchased and we're happy with the price, looks and performance. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Walter H.
VERY DISAPPOINTED. I had a Capresso kettle for a number of years in the past and loved. Recently I and accidently ruined it (my fault) and replaced it with a new one. Read morePublished 1 month ago by PK Kennebunkport, ME
I got the Capresso from my brother in January. It didn't work anymore after 10 times of using it, and I do not want to spend the shipping fee to get it replaced, as I found out I... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kiana
excellent kettle. this is my 2nd one. heats up water very quickly. no odors like in plastic ones. very sturdy. highly recommend.Published 1 month ago by va