Customer Discussions > Caprica forum

Caprica on Blu-Ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2009 10:13:28 AM PDT
Indy Eddy says:
As a BSG fan, I was pleasantly suprised at what appears to a promisng and quality new pre-quel series here. Does anyone have word on a blu-ray release?

Posted on Apr 29, 2009 8:13:58 PM PDT
Arg! says:
I've heard that Caprica will be included on the entire series boxed set, and since the boxed set is being released in both blu ray & standard, I assume the blu ray set must have a blu ray Caprica...?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2009 2:50:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 30, 2009 9:51:05 AM PDT
Indy Eddy says:
I'd immagine your correct - thanks!

Posted on Apr 30, 2009 9:46:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 30, 2009 9:50:21 AM PDT
Indy Eddy says:
... cool name, by the way ...

Posted on May 7, 2009 5:31:23 AM PDT
I finally bought a Blu Ray player for my HDTV. I do not intend to buy a DVD ever again. This is tempting, but no thanks. If DVD sales fail to impress the studios, don't blame the content, blame the demographics. I'll bet the percentage of Blu Ray player owners among the Sci Fi community and other Battlestar fans is much, much higher than that of the overall market. Like me, once you've got 1080p, well...

Posted on May 7, 2009 8:01:53 AM PDT
Indy Eddy says:
I agree. It's difficult to appreciate a DVD once you go blu-ray. And for us sci-fi fans, I think blu-ray is especially attractive given the amount of special effects we tend to enjoy. Of course we know that allot of the more popular movies are being re-issued on blu-ray. But what about some of the more obscure or less popular ones - will the ever be put on blu-ray? I know it's a question of demand, but so many of my favorites are less popular. Like Supernova (James Spader 1999 version), or The Impostor...
Thoughts, anyone?

Posted on Jun 21, 2009 3:07:23 AM PDT
Once you go HD, there's no going back. Furthermore once you go blu ray, you can't watch anything that isn't blu ray. It's not physically possible, I've tried, and it only serves to infuriate you because the industry is terrible at just shutting up and releasing blu rays. There always has to be a catch or 9 different editions a la lucas/jackson.

Posted on Jul 20, 2009 4:10:26 PM PDT
Agreed. I'll buy this on Blu-Ray, but not Standard Definition DVD. I weakened and bought one DVD since I got Blu-Ray, because it was my all-time favorite movie, annoyingly obscure, and I'd been waiting for it to come out on DVD since DVDs came into existence ("O Lucky Man"), but I don't intend to ever purchase SD DVDs again. It really is Blu-ray or forget it. Similarly, I don't do SD pay-per-view, only HD. Once you've lived with HD for a while, it's genuinely unpleasant to look at the low-def stuff. I'll admit that a good upconverting Blu-ray player can make SD DVDs look tolerably decent, but it sure isn't the same as native HD material.

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 6:15:13 PM PDT
miki says:
Itunes has the Caprica in HD, for 14.99 (for the season?)
and regular for 9.99.
I guess if you want to view it on your computer you can get it in HD.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009 10:28:18 AM PDT
D. Peterson says:
I can confirm that Caprica is not included with Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]. Caprica unfortunately is only available on DVD and it does not appear that there are plans to release it on Blu-ray (at least currently). The upcoming release of Battlestar Galactica: The Plan [Blu-ray] on October 27th will be available on Blu-ray thankfully.

Posted on Jan 14, 2010 5:20:17 PM PST
Q.Q. McMudd says:
I was all set to purchase "...The Plan" and "Caprica" but I am deeply disapointed that the blu ray versions are not available. I can only hope that a good blu ray version will be out shortly. I will not purchase a DVD just because it isn't available on blu ray. I just wish these guys would stop trying to squeese every possible cent out of the consumers with these "blu ray out later" games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2010 9:15:43 PM PST
Indy Eddy says:
The Plan is indeed on blu-ray, but not Caprica... But I do agree that the producers do love to hustle is at least twice for the same disc...

Posted on Apr 19, 2010 1:20:20 PM PDT
iTunes "HD" is only 720p. I stopped watching it on Comcast, because they reduced the bitrate so much, most of it was a horrible pixel storm. Especially the club scenes were unwatchable. And now, no Blu-ray??? What's going on?

Posted on May 15, 2010 11:27:24 PM PDT
grinzekater says:
I agree, 100%, either it's going to be available on Blu-ray or it's a no-go for me.

Posted on Sep 23, 2010 12:32:32 PM PDT
same here how the hell im going to downgrade i just can watch this show now in standard resolution I watched in 720p from the begining, i want it in blu-ray!!! I just going to burned in dvd and keep it in 720p until they will relase it on blu ray , yeap ;)

Posted on Oct 7, 2010 8:51:17 AM PDT
This seems to be not the whole Season 1, since it is labeled as "Season 1.0". Probably they will just release the Blu-ray set when the rest of Season 1 gets released on DVD and make the Blu-ray set collect the whole Season 1 instead of splitting it in two like on DVD.

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 7:18:33 PM PDT
G. Ward says:
WTF? Does iTunes have some kind of exclusive with Caprica? Because you can't download just season 1 on HD, you have to buy season 1 and then the Season pass for this year for 53+ dollars.... Hell if one does the math, it only comes up to be 36 bucks and tax if you download them individually.
Great show but I am perplexed that nothing has been said about a release date for these...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2010 8:53:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2010 8:54:39 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2011 7:23:14 PM PST
Thanks for horribly spoiling that for us all. Truly. No, not truly. You broke it for us who haven't seen it yet.

My primary concern is having a Blu Ray release to consume, but at this point I would settle for a singular DVD release. I just don't want to buy 1.0 and 1.5 separately. I really don't want to get non-Blu Ray, if only because I got BSG on Blu Ray and I'm obsessive on this sort of idiocy.

Posted on May 8, 2011 6:47:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2011 6:50:19 AM PDT
Ricky says:
Jameel if you want to turn people off from Caprica, you shouldn't reference Lost, that actually might entice some viewers, instead compare it to something you seem to be able to grasp with your vast intellect like a failed sitcom. The series may have it's fault, but I found the final episode to be one of the best things I've seen on television, I can always just watch those last 20 minutes anytime and it actually makes up for some things I've had to endure on tv.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2011 3:50:39 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 23, 2011 4:00:40 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 9:17:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2011 9:19:04 AM PDT
J. Burns says:
I was really enjoying Caprica, and was really disappointed that it was cancelled. I believe that splitting the season in two killed it, both on the air and on DVD. You can't split the airing of a new show. Galactica survived it because it had already established itself. Caprica had an involved storyline that took time to develop, and the audience needs a good run to get deep inside something like that.

I also was really fed up with the 1.0, 1.5 DVD splits from BSG and was adamant that I wasn't going to buy the Caprica sets until they were rolled together. Still waiting. As with those upthread, I also felt that DVD was a comedown after watching the broadcast in HD, and wanted the complete series on Blu. I still do. To this day, I only have the pilot (bought before it aired), and I love that show. It kills me that SyFy is doing Blood and Chrome without RDM, the true genius of BSG.

I would buy a Blu-ray of Caprica in a heartbeat. Just make it a complete series, for Gods' sake.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 4:09:33 PM PDT
Indie says:
Amazon france has pre-orders open for caprica blu-ray, see http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Caprica-Blu-ray/25928/ for more information. The release date of the french blu-ray is 25th October 2011.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 3:46:32 PM PST
Downunder says:
I am half way through watching Caprica on Blu Ray as referenced by Indie (thanks!). Obviously some French writing on the menus to work around however there is a HD English soundtrack and the whole thing is awesome to watch. Recomended if you can't wait for the US release.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 1:59:42 PM PST
M says:
Hello Downunder. I am hoping to be watching Caprica on Blu Ray from the french release soon as well. wondered if you could share what type of blu ray player you used? I have the sony bdp s370 and I'm getting told that there is a high likely hood that the french blu ray will not play on it because it is recorded at 50frames per second. Do you know anything about that?

Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Caprica forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Caprica
Caprica by Eric Stoltz (DVD - 2009)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (215)