5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Shower
Published on December 21, 2006 by C. Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality for such an expensive product
Published on May 12, 2010 by Edward H. Tran

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Shower, December 21, 2006
This review is from: Captains Quarters Shower Head - Brushed Nickel - 520532520532
I just installed this shower head and I was pleasantly surprised. Not only do you get the feeling that you're taking three showers at once, but the water ouput is much less than I had expected. My previous shower head caused my tub to fill up with water, but there has been no overflow with this one even though it feels like more water is coming out than before. The only downside is paying $250, but I do not feel any buyers remorse, especially after waking up to an amazing shower every morning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shower experience, April 26, 2011
I spent a great deal of time searching for the perfect shower head combination. I wanted both a hand held and a regular head in one unit. Although this looks like something I kluged together out of spare parts, it does exactly what I wanted it to do. I wanted the stationary head to hit my shoulders and the hand held part for my hair. All told, the shower experience is luxurious. The unit itself is well built and sturdy. It comes with all the parts shown in the picture. There are 3 adjustments in flow (not the 4 on my old Waterpik model). The two stationary heads swivel around to enable you to point them where you want. I like them pointed at my shoulders to envelop my shoulders and arms to stop them from chills. The flow from these are like a gentle rain which is what I was looking for. We have a well so the water pressure is not as strong as the city water systems. The pulse flow is inadequate because of this but wasn't looking for that anyway. I had to take the flow constrictor out of the hand held unit to allow enough water pressure to rinse my long thick hair. Since I did that it rinses just fine.

We also have a lot of iron in our water so I am going to try and find a screen of some kind to install at the heads to avoid having to unplug the tiny holes in the future.

The unit comes with a goose neck pipe to replace your standard pipe that comes out from the wall. I did not use this as I am kind of short (5'5") and I wanted the stationary heads to hit my shoulders not my head as I don't wash my hair every single day. By mounting it this way the height is perfect for me (but too low for my 6' husband. But who cares, it's for me not him). We have a custom shower with dual heads so he has his own and I have mine.

The kit comes with a roll of teflon tape. I read some of the reviews that talked about leak problems. If you read the directions and do what it says (4 clockwise wraps of teflon tape means 4 wraps not 2 or 3) for the most part it won't leak. I did have a leak problem with where the hand held flex pipe connects to the center pipe. I solved it by putting two washers there instead of just the one that is included with the kit.

Not as elegant as those giant rain shower heads but it does exactly what I want it to do so when we move, it comes with me and a plain shower head goes in it's place. Extremely satisfied. The 4 stars instead of 5 is because it is kind of ugly.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!, October 30, 2007
Hi. I got this showerhead installed the other day and it blew me away! I had very very high expectations for this shower heads performance and it absolutly exceeded them! If you are looking for a fabulous, luxarious showerhead, this is the one to get. I know its expensive but as soon as you step into the shower and turn this on you will know that you DID NOT waste a penny!

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality for such an expensive product, May 12, 2010
Edward H. Tran "Banana E.T." (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This product arrived in many different parts with pretty bad assembling instructions. I had to spend over an hour to assemble and install. Many of these small parts could have been pre-assembled at the factory to save time and/or yield optimal result (because not everyone has all the necessary tools and/or skills to assemble correctly/efficiently). Besides the unique 3-shower-heads design, everything else about this product is average or below. The dials on the shower heads have no markings or indicators, so you can't tell what setting you're in. The shower heads worked OK in the first week. From the second week on, problems started to appear. For example, more and more of the nozzles were plugged, spraying water everywhere. There were also lots of leakages around the 2 stationary heads. Although I do enjoy the showers coming from 3 separate heads, I'm very disappointed in the quality, design, packaging of this product. I have used shower heads costing much less that performed way better. I do not recommend this product, and definitely will not buy it again. In fact, if I could return this shower head system, I surely would do so immediately. The only reason I gave it 3 stars is because I do like the 3-head design. Otherwise, it would get only 1 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, January 25, 2013
We received the Captains Quarters Shower Head, in brushed nickel and are totally happy with it. One can have all three shower heads on at once or one at
a time. The shower strength is good, coverage is excellent. On each, there are 'stream' variations and one can change angles of each shower head. The hand held is great for shower cleaning.
I must say I had concerns about the quality but it is very well made and just what we needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, December 18, 2012
This item had read some negetive reviews so was a little concern but not no more.... takes about ten to setup and ten minutes to install. If I had to do it again I could probably do it in ten minutes flat. Pipes are better constructed then expected. Shower heads are plastic but not cheap plastic. The only issue I have with item so far is that the two shower heads (as seen on picture) do swible but don't swible to face directly down, so if shower head faces the door water-spray will go out the door, so I'm planning on adding a 45 degree elbow for them... My water pressure is very low at my home (up stairs) and yet water coming out is good. I say if you like the look then buy it. Feel free to email me at my yahoo address under sysco_m

1.0 out of 5 stars Captain Quarters Brushed Nickel, July 7, 2010
I purchased this shower head during my bathroom remodel, and used it for the first time today (7/7/10). First Mistake: Don't purchase unless you can install and use immediately, in that way you may have a chance to return the product if you're not happy with performance. Second mistake: I should have trusted the low star reviews given for this product; they are very accurate. I too experienced leakages around the stationary heads. The fact that the settings are not on any of the heads is major...I just kept dialing and dialing (a full 360) only to get leakage and inconsistent spray positions. I loved the three-head adjustable shower flow....that is quite an experience. The heads are plastic and the mounting bar is truly very solid; not an issue for me. I just wish that the two stationary heads would automatically turn off when switching to the hand-held. When trying to clean the shower (with hand held) it is very annoying to have to turn off two valves to stop the flow of the stationary heads (water conservation issue). Overall, for the price, this is a no-go. Next time I will order from Amazon...I may have had more leverage to return Captain's Quarter

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, August 23, 2013
Love the volume of water out of these three shower heads. It's great that you can turn off each head on both sides of the main one. Recomended

5.0 out of 5 stars Shower head, May 15, 2012
I have severe back problems and not only needed a hand held shower but something to work on the muscles of my back. This shower head is apsolutely perfect. You feel like you are under a gentle water fall then switch to pulsating and let it work on the muscles of my back. When I'm done I feel like a new person. I love this product and it's worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome ecstasy, February 7, 2012
I really love it. On a scale of 1 to 10 it's a 9.5 total. Ccccccc vvv ccc vvvc. Ccvvc ccv