5.0 out of 5 stars great little book
Published on October 17, 2006 by H. Nesbitt

3.0 out of 5 stars Working women should do what, exactly?
Published on March 21, 2011 by flowerlady

5.0 out of 5 stars great little book, October 17, 2006
This review is from: Capture His Heart: Becoming the Godly Wife Your Husband Desires (Paperback)
I dont even know where I got this book.... maybe a in my christmas stocking from my mom one year? I found it on my bookshelf while my husband and I were having a hard time and read a chapter a day. It quickly became one of my fav's. It is very practical and I use the concepts all the time. I try to do something every day to meet one of my husbands needs, and it has definatly blessed us both.

3.0 out of 5 stars Working women should do what, exactly?, March 21, 2011
I'm only halfway through this book but I'm already very frustrated. It seems as though the advise given here is only for stay at home wives and mothers. Both my husband and I work, but the advice I'm being given is to make sure that the house is clean and dinner is cooked and that I don't nag him about money because he has it hard enough being the provider? This isn't helpful. The author states things like "It's hard for your husband to go out and deal with angry customers and bosses who don't have anything good to say so try to make those moments when he walks in the door good moments." But my situation is the opposite - when i come home from angry customers and bosses who never say it's good enough, he's home, feet propped up on my coffee table and beer bottles with cradled between his legs on my couch playing video games while a trail of clothing leads to the bathroom. Am I supposed to answer with "Sorry dinner's not quite ready, do you want to have sex while the oven preheats?" This book seems to only give helpful advice if you're already at home, not dealing with the same things your husband is. I'm going to keep reading but I'm already so frustrated!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend, March 29, 2007
This short but insightful book was a quick read but it absolutely revolutionized the way I see marriage. I shared some of the insights with my husband and he said, "she's right!" It's also a good easy summer bible study to do with married friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick read that provides some useful guidelines!, August 9, 2007
This little book selects eight areas where a wife can interact with her husband to achieve a happier marriage. All eight areas may not apply to everyone, but they certainly provide a good starting point for strengthening any marriage. The author gives a few examples and suggestions, but leaves most of the applications up to the reader.

According to TerKeurst, the avenues where a godly wife can encourage and stimulate her husband are spiritually, emotionally, sexually, vocationally, intellectually, relationally, physically and permanently. I hadn't really thought about some of these and have benefitted from her insights into how they provide the security and support every husband, indeed every human being needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, April 2, 2014
I do think that any Christian woman sincerely looking to honor God by staying in a "difficult" marriage, will benefit from reading this and intentionally changing course where needed, with the Great help of our Great Helper. It's true: God is sovereign and we can trust Him to change us and our husbands. It takes time and a walk with Christ that is intentional. Don't be put off by some of the parts that could be interpreted as making you feel even more hopeless because your marriage seems so impossibly far from such sweet happiness. I've been there. I do believe, now, that those parts are there to impart to us that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH CHRIST JESUS. Set your sights high, cling to God, and step out into what the author encourages. You may need to tweek it a bit to fit your specific personalities, but don't hold back. I promise I won't! Here's to our marriages, sistahs!

3.0 out of 5 stars A good starting place but not deep enough for some, December 15, 2013
Over the past few years, I've read several books that focused on relationships for premarital counseling and just out of curiosity so I was pretty excited when this book was given to me to read. I really like to dig into these types of books to see where I'm doing well and to see where I can improve on things so that I can do better. What I really liked about this book was the fact that it left you at the end of each chapter with an action point to try out to improve your own marriage. It was great to have advice on how to put some of these suggestions into practice.

This little book was short and to the point so someone looking to really dig into these issues or who is having significant issues that they're trying to overcome might not find it as helpful as someone just looking to improve might. Most of the chapters in this book were only three to five pages so if you're looking for something deep on each of the issues, this probably isn't the book for you. It does give a great starting point to skim through various issues so that you can figure out which one you need to deal with more.

I would recommend this for someone wanting to start figuring out how to improve their relationship with their husband but it might not give someone wanting to really dig into the subject enough to go on.

4.0 out of 5 stars An encouraging quick read, May 31, 2006
This book is a very practical and helpful tool in my "tool box" of books.

I do not particularly read a lot, but I found this book to be quick and filled with concise and useful information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for couples, June 23, 2013
Her book divides the relationship responsibilities a wife has with her husband into categories: spiritual, emotional, sexual, vocational, intellectual, relational, and physical. Each category is discussed thoroughly, with discussion on how words and actions have negative and positive effects on your husband. The ideas TerKeurst gives for each section are easy to implicate, giving you a chance to immediately try and succeed in each category as you make it a habit. The book is not long at all and was so good I bought the companion book, Capture Her Heart, for my husband to read. He loved it as well. We recommend this set definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical advice, July 22, 2013
A fairly quick read with practical godly info that will strengthen your marriage. Wish I would have red it years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars becoming your husband's true helper, January 17, 2011
I bought this book because I enjoyed "Made to Crave" (about eating and spirituality)
by this same author. I didn't think I needed this book, but since I liked reading
Lysa TerKeurst's other title, I thought why not? And this book was on sale.

Having read it --- it it very well done. This book really helps you break out of
your own "wife view" and think about things from a husband's perspective. Honestly,
I hadn't done much of that before reading this book. I'm a wife.

I think almost every married woman would benefit from reading through this book.
It opens your eyes to different ways of seeing things. It is well-written and positive.

Lauren Hodge
Apple Valley, California

I also really enjoyed this book:
Becoming Your Husband's Best Friend: Secrets to Loving the Man You Married

Capture His Heart: Becoming the Godly Wife Your Husband Desires
Capture His Heart: Becoming the Godly Wife Your Husband Desires by Lysa TerKeurst (Paperback - April 1, 2002)
$9.99 $9.15