Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on May 21, 2013
Maddy had been left in a children's home by the woman she thought was her mother. Raised without family love she becomes a competent sneak thief, schemer, and pickpocket. She has stolen an infant and in trying to escape with the baby joins a French group headed to form a utopian society in Texas, she enters a marriage of convenience with the handsome, chauvinist, single Texan, Bravos Sinclair. He is desperate to get from France to Texas. He is also haunted by an ordeal so horrific he has suppressed the memories. Their sea crossing is his worst nightmare because of his phobia of closed in spaces. Why has Maddy taken the baby, what happened to Bravos, and what awaits in Texas made for an enjoyable read.
on August 21, 2012
This was a most enjoyable book.

Not often do I find a book that not only holds my attention but also has such likable people weaved into such a likable story...this was such a book.

Brazos and Maddie mesh well together. They play off one another in a very good and believable way.
And the secondary characters were well described and not left in the shadows.

The plot moves at a fast pace and the story doesn't get bogged down at all.
As I stated before, it held my attention all the way through and I did no skimming/skipping at all.

A very enjoyable read.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 3, 2013
I loved this book. As historical romance is one of my favorite reading materials, I was hoping this would be great and it didn't let me down at all. What I think makes this book stand out from the crowd of other books, is that there is more than one thing going on in this book. Instead of it being the typical boy meets girl drama with a bit of historical fancy, this book has multiple layers and lots of things to keep you reading.

I also thought the author stayed very consistent with her dialogue and I never felt like she had accidentally slipped into modern times when her characters were speaking. I would highly recommend this book to any lover of this genre. Terrific!
on October 26, 2012
I was expecting an ordinary historical romance. I only hoped the story would have enough going on to keep it interesting. I got a lot more than I expected with this book! You'll travel along with the beautiful thief Madeline as she runs away from Europe to Texas. She encounters more than she bargained for along the way. Love, kidnapping, a evil Mexican war lord and there is even an evil step-mother. This book has a lot going on, yet the author put it all together in a way that kept me engrossed in the story all the way through. I really liked it a lot.
on September 6, 2012
Geralyn Dawson's Capture the Night, is an exciting historical, psychological novel with truly great heroes, a violent, sadistic bad man, and a a love story that ties together several families in unexpected ways. I look forward to the next book in the series.
on July 4, 2015
Once a reader takes up this book, it is hard to set it aside. There’s adventure, kidnappings, lots of travel and a wide assortment of characters. It will be hard to synthesize this plot in a few sentences.

Madeline Christophe was dumped at a children’s home while she was still very young. She thought her mother did not want her and no one ever came to see her. Figuring she would have to fend for herself, Maddie learned to be a pickpocket and an all-round thief.

Now, Maddie is trying to get onboard a ship to go from Antwerp to Texas with a baby she has stolen. Because the leaders will not allow a single woman to travel alone, she enters into a marriage of convenience with a Texan, Brazos Sinclair. Maddie plans to join a utopian society near Dallas, after she gets an annulment from Brazos. That’s fine with Brazos; he never wanted to marry anyway.

Maddie soon learns that her new husband has horrible nightmares; they come to the surface because of Sinclair’s fear of dark, enclosed areas. On board ship, there are plenty of dark, enclosed places and Sinclair’s demons come to the fore. Fortunately, Maddie is able to help him escape his terrors for a time.

There are lots of things going on in this book yet the author brings things full-circle to a rousing conclusion. 4.5 stars
on August 27, 2012
Not to be over-dramatic, but this was a pretty bad book. And I read a lot, and have put up with a lot in the past. I didn't mind the cheesiness of the love story and It didn't lack plot - but all the twists and turns just left you confused and nothing was very well developed or explained. All the reviews here are good, and so I feel the need to give my honest opinion. Just find a better book. There are many of them out there.
on August 21, 2012
This book provided an interesting and well thought-out plot. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters, enjoying watching the relationship develop between the main characters. I enjoyed the main character of this book immensely because of her determination to be an independent woman in a time and place where that was not the norm. Would recommend for a quick, enjoyable read.
on September 7, 2012
This is a well-written book, with a good story line and likeable characters. It has intrigue, suspense, believable situations, and is a story that you can't wait to find out what happens next. You find yourself breathlessly hoping that the hero and the heroine can find a way to conquer the danger awaiting them.
on September 6, 2012
I really liked this story and it's multiple cliff hangers. It was a really fun read and had some new and interesting story lines. It was a little too gruesome for me in the end and I admix I felt a little queasy inside, but I kept reading and finished.