Published on January 20, 2011 by Jonathan B. Mark

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5
Published 4 months ago by DJ

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't think Flame would be able to top "Our World: Redeemed", but I was wrong, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Captured (MP3 Music)
Flame's sound is even better with this release, and his message is more on point than ever. There are so many tracks on here that really speak to me and I keep coming back to them because they sound so great. If you are a Christian Hip Hop fan, you HAVE to have this in your collection. This may go down as one of the top albums in our genre. Even if you aren't a fan of CHH, this would be a great place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are You Captured?, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Captured (MP3 Music)
Flame went on another level when he did this project. Flame tells his story from start to finish, we are captured in sin when we were born but we need to be captured again by the Holy One. This is a deep album so get this asap

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Lecrae you will like Flame!, February 15, 2011
This review is from: Captured (MP3 Music)
I have never heard of Flame before, but he is good!
I just listened to the samples and just felt like I had to pull the trigger and buy this.
So I did!

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Captured (Audio CD)
I really like Flame. But I feel like he isn't quite the AAA talent like people say he is. He is a very good lyricist, and his songs are powerful, and he has released some great albums. Plus, he has V. Rose...lucky dude, because most rappers would love to have someone like her to guest star. I feel like Flame coasted on this album though, something he does quite a bit in general. He is a great writer, but his rapping is only decent. I feel like his flow is a little weak, like Sho Baraka. He doesn't mesh with his beats as seamlessly as I would like compared to some other top-notch artists.

However, he does bring sick beats to the table, and you can also count on some great messages. Maybe this album will grow on me, but right now I feel a lack of stellar tracks will keep me from getting hooked. The song Surrender is beautiful though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best Flame album of all time!!!!, May 5, 2011
This review is from: Captured (Audio CD)
I got this for my wife's birthday...we have both been huge Flame fans for a while now, and I have to say he has outdone himself. There is an incredible melding of modern R&B and midwest hip hop (16 beat feel) styles that is hard to explain. The beats are bangin' and the hooks are off the chain. Great use of vocal effects typically found in R&B w/o being cheesy or irritating.

The other thing that is so incredible is the depth of the lyrics. The first track, with its petition: "cleanse us from our fear of man, we need more than help from this...etc" had me convicted immediately. Track No. 2 w/ V. Rose is bangin'...you'll hear the fusion of R&B and midwest in this track. Track No. 3 (Power) really heats up...the opening is grimey and the beat is just beyond anything Flame has done before...and the lyrics are very encouraging. They couldn't have come at a better time... I was dealing with some difficult family issues...wondering if God would come through and here came this song to encourage me :) (btw, God did come through). The rest of the album is top notch! I really like track 11 which is basically a sermonette by a Ryan Fullerton, calling on all believers to fast, pray and mourn for the state of our nation, church and our own individual lives & marriages.

Anyone looking for raw Christian hip hop that is lyrically rich and not bending toward compromise...trying to make a buck, then this CD (and all of Flame's other CD's) is for you! Check it out!!!!!!! Thanks Flame.

5.0 out of 5 stars FLAME IS BACK!!!!!!, January 11, 2011
This review is from: Captured (MP3 Music)
Great album!! Flame killed it with this one; pretty much every song is at least good or great!! Here's my take on each song:

1) Recaptured 4/5 - Great piano intro song; talks about how we were captured by sin and that we need to be captured by God again.

2) Surrender (feat. V.Rose) 5/5 - This one's a sure hit. This one reminds me a little bit of Nelly's "Just a Dream" because it's has that little acoustic guitar playing, which might make you think that it's a soft, laidback song which it's not. It has a sick beat, and V.Rose kills it on the vocals (only thing is I wish Flame rapped more on this one).

3) Power 4/5- The bass will blow out your subs!! I will definitely listen to this when I'm pumping iron and working out!! Great message too!!!

4) Nonsense 3/5 - The sound of this song is great, but the reason I gave it a 3 is because if you didn't know what the song was about and you heard it bangin' from someones car it sounds like he's dissing on Christians and that God doesn't exist, other than that the flow is awesome and it's a good song.

5) Alive 5/5 - Love this one. Flame talks about how he almost got killed twice - "the year was 1999, I'm alive!! (I'm Alive)"... - can't get enough of it, doesn't get old. The song keeps you at the edge of your seat.

6) All I Need (feat. Chris Lee) 5/5 - Flame talks about how God used death on his close ones to bring him back to God, also how God blessed him after that by blessing him with the light of salvation and giving him a great wife to heal his heart. Chris Lee kills on the vocals (by the way Chris Lee has a new EP called The Medicine - be sure to check it out).

7) Move 3/5 - This one started out with amazing swagger, but the reason it's a 3 is cuz the chorus just doesn't reach out to me, it's not very catchy. Still not a bad song.

8) Put On (feat. C-Light) 4/5 - This song talks about "taking off the old, and putting on the new", putting our flesh to rest/death and letting Jesus control us (living by the Spirit). For those who think this is a laidback song because of the feature it's not. C-Light actually raps here and does a great job (C-Light is very talented he can sing - if u don't believe me check out Background by Lecrae featuring C-Light - and rap as he proves it with this song. Can't wait for him to come out with his own stuff).

9) Double Back (feat. Thi'sl) 5/5 - This was a quick favorite, Thi'sl does a great job and Flame absolutely kills on this one. Talks about helping and getting fellow Christians back on the right path if they fall into sin.

10) Captured Me (feat. V.Rose) 4/5- Talks about how God has truly captured him/her. Another good piano song.

11) Daniel 10 N/A - This is not a song it's a cut from a sermon.

12) Tonight (All of Me) (feat. J.R.) 5/5 - Amazing last song to finish the album off!! This song is basically a prayer from Flame pouring out his heart to God, wanting to get closer to Him. This is was my 3rd favorite song from the album @ first, but now it's #1, it really grows on you.

Overall: Great album can't wait for the next one. Definitely better than Our World Redeemed - not that that one isn't a good album either, it's good to:) For those of you who were disappointed that Lecrae didn't feature on one of the songs don't worry. Flame has a single out called "All The Way" feat. Lecrae and Trubble and its dope!! Absolutely love love love love the melody, and the swagger in it is off the charts!!!
BUY THE WHOLE ALBUM, YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!!!
God bless Flame and Clearsight Records!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best One to Me, July 12, 2014
This review is from: Captured (MP3 Music)
This is Flame's best album ever. I've bought quite a few of his albums, but non of the other albums quite compare to this album. This is his best one to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire, July 7, 2014
This review is from: Captured (MP3 Music)
Flame does it again, no for himself but for Kingdom building. We r captured by the Lord but free at the same time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Blend, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Captured (Audio CD)
Shipping and cd were in great condition...but I don't recommend this artist, I only like 2 of their songs. Woohoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cd!, March 21, 2014
This review is from: Captured (MP3 Music)
A must have for the Christian Rap Collector. Great for workouts and getting pumped to share the gospel with anyone!

Captured
Captured by Flame (Audio CD - 2010)
Rate and Discover Movies