More About the Author
David Ziser sincerely believes in his photography.
"One of the most crystalline thoughts I have had in this profession was the result of a remark a student of mine made several years ago during a class I was teaching to 75 photographers from around the world.
The question was raised - 'Why were weddings such big events for people of his faith?' (He came from Israel to participate in my class.) His answer is as clear to me today as it was ten years ago - 'In the 4000 year history of people of my faith, we endured by living from one joyous event to the next!
That's when it became clear to me that the role of the wedding photographer was more than just about a weekend wedding. It was truly about capturing the most joyous events in peoples lives. Every photographer working in this profession MUST see and feel that "joyous event" as they look through their viewfinder. Only then will they be able to capture all the heartfelt images their clients deserve.
It is a honor for us to be asked to participate with our skills and talents in such an important part of our clients' lives."
DAVID A. ZISER BIO
- David is a nationally renowned wedding photographer and lectures to other photographers on international speaking circuit and writes extensively for professional journals throughout the United States and worldwide.
- David recently completed a 60 city city lecture tour traveling the US presenting his Digital WakeUp Call tour for 2009. It is the most successful digital wedding/portrait photography tour of the year!
- In July of 2007, David launched DigitalProTalk.com; a blog dedicated to the aspiring professional photographer looking to enhance his/her photography, Photoshop, Lightroom, and business skills. It's been called one of the best photo blogs available.
- David currently has 5 DVD's online for Kelby Training with 5 more planned by year end.
- In 2008 David was asked by Professional Photographer Magazine to be a regular monthly contributor to their award winning publication. David continues to provide feature rich articles filled with tips and techniques.
- In 2009, David was one of the leading platform speakers at WPPI drawing over 800 attendees for his program.
- David will be presenting at both Photoshop World conferences again in 2010.
- Several times during the year David conducts his week-long workshops in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area for professional and aspiring professional wedding and portrait photographers. These classes are attended by photographers from around the world.
- David Ziser continues to be one of the leading trainers in the industry for over twenty years.
Here is what past attendees of David's seminars are saying.
David, your commitment to the profession is second to none and your ability to instruct and share only raises the bar for all professional photographers. Your talent is truly a great gift to our profession.
David's images are so beautiful, really great they don't need any altering!
Absolutely loved the sales and marketing techniques!
Great class! David is truly passionate and knowledgeable about photography and digital workflow. I can't begin to describe how valuable this class was to me.
David is a great teacher and his passion shines through.
David's seminars and workshops always exceed my expectations.
Loved the experience!
David, your patience, caring, and generosity were a breath of fresh air.
David's programs are a real bargain, way more bang for the buck!
David, you are the best, you give 150% !
You make everyone feel like family at your programs!
Here are a few comments from notable individuals in the photographic industry
Frank Cricchio, M.Photog.Cr., past president of the Professional Photographers of America has described Ziser as "...one of the leading wedding photographers in the country. He is highly technically competent and has an artistic flair that is favorable to the total bridal industry."
Paul Ness, past marketing director for Eastman Kodak's Asian, Australasian, Latin America professional photography division, says of Ziser's photographs: "They reflect a sensitivity and skill that results in the creation of treasures."
Dr. Roger Saunders, past executive secretary of the Master Photographers Association of Great Britain says "He is one of America's top photographers. He has spoken to thousands of British photographers and is highly regarded by them; plus, he is very nice..."
- Retained to photograph the nuptials of Peter Frampton in 1996.
- Honored in 1995 by the British Institute of Professional Photography by being awarded the degree of Licentiateship. This honor is given to very few photographers outside of Great Britain.
- Invited to Photokina, the largest photographic exhibition in the world, to speak for Victor Hasselblad, Inc. First American wedding photographer invited.
- Subject of page one, full color, feature story in "Today" section of the Dallas Morning News; extolled Ziser as "...Wedding photographer extraordinaire."
- Traveled to eight international venues, including Seoul, Korea; Shanghai, China; and Bangkok, Thailand on behalf of Eastman Kodak Company to lecture to the best professional photographers in those countries about his style of wedding and portrait photography. Ziser is the first American wedding photographer to receive such an invitation.
- Featured by "Studio Photography" magazine, a publication reaching the professional market nationwide, which acclaimed "...Award winning photographer, David Ziser is showing the world how to take wedding pictures."
- Holds the highest honor of "Fellow" bestowed by the American Society of Photographers. Ziser is one of only fifty-five (55) photographers worldwide ever to receive this distinction.
- Ziser received the highest score possible, a perfect 100, on his photograph entitled "Joy in the Morning". The perfect score of 100 has been given less than twenty times in the last fifty years by the Professional Photographers of America.
- Eastman Kodak has selected many of Ziser's images for use in conjunction with national advertising campaigns and marketing programs. His work has been featured at national and international exhibits including the annual conventions of the Professional Photographers of America, Wedding Photographers International, and the Photo Marketing Association. In Kodak's widely acclaimed wedding booklet, "To Have and to Hold", Ziser's images comprised nearly one third of the publication. Kodak also used Ziser's images exclusively in their Picture Perfect Wedding Planner.
- The National Association of Photoshop Professionals has also used David's images and articles in their national publications.
- In addition to having been honored with the coveted Master of Photography and Photographic Craftsman degrees, Ziser has taken top honors every year he has entered print competition.
- Photographs Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, Portraits and society events each year throughout Cincinnati and coast to coast. His work has been published in Newsday, USA Today, and Town and Country magazine.
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts in Physics; Thomas More College, Covington, Ky. Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering; University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio.