Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 18, 2010
I use this product for chronic neck and shoulder pain. Medical research has found Capsaicin, the main ingredient, to be effective in reducing pain. I love all the products with capsaicin because they provide a warm sensation in addition to decreasing pain. Capsaicin gets more effective after 4 days of use.
This product is very easy to use, you don't get your hands messy because it goes on with a sponge tip. It does leave a residue on your skin which can be wiped off with tissue. It is non greasy and doesn't stain or smell. I would give it 5 stars except that 1.5 ounces gets used up fast. Also, I like the product to give more heat. The menthol gives a cooling refreshing sensation which some people might like but I prefer pure capsaicin.
on April 26, 2013
Don't waste your money on this one.
There is only 0.025% capsaicin in this product. "The LOWEST of all available".
Plus the tube is so small it is a DEFINITE RIP OFF!!!
The seller doesn't bother to tell how much capsaicin is in the product in their listing.
So surprise surprise when it gets delivered and you find out that you paid for the Capzasin with the lowest percentage of capsaicin in it.
Capzasin makes other creams etc. that have a much higher percentage so look for those when you're looking to purchase a Capzasin product because you can find a larger tube with a higher percentage of capcaisin for your money.

What a joke!
My hubby has had back pain for a couple years now. He's tried everything to relieve it & regularly does back exercises. I remembered reading about capsaicin being effective for arthritis pain a few years ago. Capsaicin is the active component of chili peppers; it's an an irritant which produces a sensation of burning in any tissue with which it comes into contact.

First my hubby tried Deep Heating WellPatch Pain Relief which contains .025% capsaicin on his lower back. He only tried one patch & didn't feel anything from it. He decided to try a different product so I read customer comments on products containing .025% up to .1% capsaicin. He decided to begin with the lowest dose & applied Capzasin Arthritis Pain Relief, Quick Relief Gel, No Mess Sponge Applicator 1.5 oz (42.5 g) to his knee and back. He only felt a cooling sensation probably from the menthol. Capzasin customer support told me that the product works even if you don't feel a burn. We thought, "Great, it works even if you don't feel a burn!" Soon we had to eat those words. After applying this product about three times, he got out of the shower & said, "I'm feeling the burn now! I'm sure glad I didn't purchase Capzasin-HP Arthritis Relief Topical Analgesic Cream, .1-Percent Capsaicin, 1.5-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 2). He's feeling the burn in his knees after a shower and once in a while in his back. Mostly he says he feels a cooling sensation. It's helping his knee pain more than his back pain, but is working on both.

These tubes don't last long. My hubby usually applies this once a day (on his knee & lower back), sometimes twice. He's been using it for a week and it's half gone.

Quick Relief Gel Active Ingredients:
.025% capsaicin
.10% menthol
on March 8, 2011
If you aren't familiar with Capzasin, it is NOT the same old thing. It isn't just a "feel good" rub.

The product actually works on the nerves, and works best if it is regularly used over time.

I was first introduced to the product by someone in Hospice who was suffering from severe back pain. This was one of the few things that he was able to use to relieve the pain, and when he discovered my aches and pains, he gave me one of his containers.

My favorite is this one, with the sponge applicator. A bit squeezes out through the top of the sponge, then you rub it in by using the sponge. The lid completely covers the sponge, so you are ready to go the next time you apply it.

I've used it on arthritis pain and simple back pain with good results. Do check with your doctor, though, before using it, or anything else over the counter.
on August 30, 2013
After trying cortisone shots, prescription pain meds, seeing 4 knee doctors, and being told I was not eligible for a knee replacement...with very little relief from intense knee pain from osteoarthritis...I tried this non-prescription gel. It is the only med that has given me some relief , not 100% , but enuf to keep me moving and able to exercise to strengthen the muscles supporting knees. Only one point u need to know. Stay out of the sun after u use it! I just ordered 3more tubes of the kind with the sponge applicator..easier to control amount applied to knee..oh and don't scratch your knee even after a short time...and then rub your eyes...it's for your knees and it really, really works for me. Highly recommend it...and I have sensitive skin.
on January 14, 2011
About 16 months ago I started using this product for degenerative joint disease of my ankle. I did everything the orthopedic doctor wanted me to try except for surgery. I had only one cortozone injection in my foot. Ever since then I've been using capsaisan jel on my ankle. I put it on once in the morning and I also wear a stretch ankle brace. I have been able to walk and drive with literally no pain I owe it all to this product......I think more people should use it for their pain instead of taking harmful meds for arthritis pain.....
on August 20, 2013
THESE ARE GOOD FOR CIRCULATION TO THE ACHILLES TENDON. THE TENDON DOES NOT GET ENOUGH BLOOD SO IT IS HARD TO HEAL. THIS PRODUCT IS VERY EFFECTIVE. SINCE USING IT I HAVE 90 % LESS PAIN IN THE TENDON.
IT MAY BE TOO HOT TO PUT ON SOME TENDER SKIN.
HOWEVER THE SPONGE APPLICATOR COMES OFF LEAVING THE PRODUCT USELESS. I EMAILED THE COMPANY BUT THEY DID NOTHING. I BOUGHT 5 OF THEM AND THE SPONGE APPLICATOR COMES OFF THEM BEFORE IT USED UP.
on January 29, 2013
I am a neuromuscular therapist and I use both Biofreeze and regular Capzasin in my profession. Both are great products.
This specific attempt to combine both ingredients is a total failure and does not deliver.
Stick to the regular Capzasin. Use disposable gloves to apply.
on January 26, 2016
I'm using this for chronic bursitis and it helps. Nothing is perfect, but if a product offers any relief at all, then I'm glad it's on the market. The sponge tip makes application much easier, but you still need to be careful to wash your hands if you touch your skin where the product has been applied.
on May 4, 2015
Product was as described, however, the sponge applicator fell off two-thirds of the way through the product so it didn't work quite as well as I was hoping. Product itself is also okay, the menthol is nice the product isn't quite as strong in the capscasin arena as other products I've used. It works okay though and the price is good.

See 1 answered question