Car Charger for Apple 3G iPhone, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Power your phone with a car charger that allows using your iPhone on the road while charging it from your vehicle's lighter jack.
- Compact design and retractable coil cord are made for easy storage.
- Built-in charging circuitry protects your car against back-flow current and your iPhone from excessive electrical loads.
- Fits into any 12V accessory outlet or car lighter jack.
- Compatible with: iPhone 3G
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
So I returned the car to the rental car office, figuring there was a problem with its electrical system. But when the exact same thing happened in the second car (after, again, powering my GPS' charger just fine), I realized that I was causing the problems....by my use of this cheapo iPhone charger. I'm just glad that 1. I didn't plug the charger into my own car, and 2. it didn't fry my iPhone!
This charger went straight into the garbage, and I bought my auto charger at apple store for $20. It's great, dependable, and I can use it to charge any gizmo that charges via USB (including my computer, my 3GJUICE, etc.
By the way, I found 3 tips that help extend the iPhone 3G battery life considerably, go to Settings and set the following:
1. Set Wi-Fi: Off
2. Fetch New Data: Hourly (I hook up to my work's exchange email server)
3. General > Network > Enable 3G: Off
Also, if you need speed for web browsing and other apps, then switch on either 3G or Wireless On. I use wireless for performance reasons.
I did some speed tests and found that of the 3 network options I have these were the download speeds:
1. Wireless WiFi - 6Mbits/s (connected to my private home wireless network from a cable service)
2. 3G - 1.2Mbits/s
3. EDGE - 0.18 Mbits/s - I use this for my daily phone calls - works just fine and best option to extend the battery life
Bottom line, when at home and lounging, connect to a power supply and switch on Wi-Fi, when on battery power set settings as mentioned. Enjoy your iPhone.
Let the buyer beware...
Save yourself the trouble. The shipping costs more than the charger itself, now I know why. What a piece of crap.
UPDATE: Seller refunded money and agreed to remove this item or change description for Amazon. Customer Service appreciated.Item still gets low mark.
the charger red indicator light just flashes rapidly and will not charge the 3g iphone. tried it in 2 cars and 3 different outlets. my experience is duplicated in the reviews for this same? charger by Lux case. e-mailed PC Microstore and awaiting response. Hoping for replacement and the satisfaction of the 5star reviews I see here.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The price was so low i couldn't pass this up but it was very short lived. Charged very slow then stopped working all together within 2 weeks.Published 7 days ago by C Mack
After a few months of light use, it developed a short and kept blowing my fuse. Sorry, but I can't recommend it.Published 3 months ago by J. C. Kuckowicz
This product arrived on time. This product did not work to it's full capacity after 1 month of use.Published 4 months ago by JR
It did not fit my IPhone. I ended up going to AT&T to buy another. It was so cheap though, I decided not to send it back. I'll just pass it on to someone who can use it.Published 9 months ago by Deborah L. Kay