Published 1 month ago by matt

1.0 out of 5 stars This s**t will drive you crazy. Useless.
Published 3 months ago by Patrick Caronan

1.0 out of 5 stars This s**t will drive you crazy. Useless., October 28, 2014
This review is from: Car Keychain Spy Camera - Hidden Pinhole Digital Video Recorder & Mini Spy Camera - Free 4GB SD Card Included - PC WebCam Functionality - Easy USB Plug & Play For PC's & Mac's - Best Car Key Chain Spy Camera - Car Remote DVR - Money Back Guarantee (Electronics)
I f***ing swear on my life that all these 4-5 star reviews are all fake and that they are all paid for by this company. It's nothing like it's advertised here. The quality of the camera is so bad I would rather take pictures or record video using a potato. Their packaging is alright; there I said something nice. Overall don't buy this product, just go to your local supermarket and buy yourself a potato.

1.0 out of 5 stars Limited Recording Time!!!, November 1, 2014
This camera only records a maximum of 1 hour. Here's the kicker, it's not because of low battery... it's not because of limited SD card space. Nope, they just designed this thing to record in 10 min files, for a maximum up to 6 files recorded at a time. I bought a 32gig sd card based on other reviews so I could record longer. Turns out you cant. The audio and video are suitable for what I need, but a maximum recording time of 1 hour is worthless. I bought this to watch my dog when he was home alone. I wanted to see if and when he goes downstairs. To accomplish this I'd have to come home from work 6 times a day to push the record button after each hour. They conveniently forget to add this specification to the description. Buyer beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising and More, August 13, 2014
If you're planning of buying this simply because the seller promise you that their product is better than the one being listed here for much cheaper ($6), and also you saw the picture of the item being sold here with the spycrushers logo embedded in the front of the item itself that looks legit, well guess what, forget it. You'll be getting the same item that you saw for here for $6. The only proof you got that it comes from spycrushers is the box that came along with it with the logo spycrushers. To add insult to injury, they send me an operational manual with a picture of a pretty lady holding the item in front, again, with the spycrushers logo embedded in the item itself. I bought this one because of the promise of the seller that this is a premium item, and when I saw their logo embedded to the item, I thought to myself, it might have been good because they have their company's name on the item, but trust me, this is exactly the same than the others. The only difference is that some of the sellers were overseas. This one is not.

Let's forget about the false advertising. Let's focus on the item itself. If you're expectation for this item is very low, like 1 out of 5 low, then this item is for you. Besides the quality of the video is very poor, you have a date and time stamp on the pictures and videos you have taken in the lower right side that can not be disabled. If I bought this one for $6, I probably wouldn't be this disappointed.

In fairness though, the camera does work, but I bought this one thinking the item has the logo and that it is indeed premium. Nah, there's nothing premium about this item. It's the same item you see in other sellers. Don't let me tell you I told you so...

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of common sense about buying things online that are too good to be true, December 5, 2014
Ok here is the deal, there are a lot of 1 star reviews and 5 star reviews and both sides are correct. The 1 star reviews are from people thinking that the description of the camera written by the seller is actually what they are getting. The 4 and 5 star reviews are the hobby enthusiasts that know exactly what they are buying here. My hope here is to help any potential reviewers understand what they are getting.

This is not some amazing HD spy cam.

This is not a 1080p or 720p or what ever they are claiming. The actual resolution is some where between 360 and 480 for video.

This is however, an amazing light weight camera to put on a hobby aircraft (quad rotors, helicopters, planes, etc)

For 13 bucks you get a nice cheap camera that works great for some amateur video of your fights.

Supposedly this thing is a working webcam but I haven't gotten it to work as one. Really though its not something you want to use as a web cam. Also this thing is pretty bad unless you have a lot of light around when you use it.

Is this thing worth buying as a cheap toy, hell yes. For 13 bucks you get a 4 gig micro sd card and adapter, the local Walgreens will sell you the same SD car for about 10 bucks. If you want to get one for your RC hobby craft then this is about as good as you are going to get for this price range. If you are wondering a Syma X1 can lift this no problem. A Nano QX -CAN NOT- lift this. A Hubsan x4 can lift this if you remove the prop guard.

1.0 out of 5 stars I thought it must be a good supplier. The product arrived, October 25, 2014
Seller sent an e-mail even before the product arrived. I thought it must be a good supplier. The product arrived, charged, connect to the computer. Computer cannot recognize. Nothing happened. I reinserted SD card. It won't come out ny more... Useless product made in China. I am returning it.

3.0 out of 5 stars For the price..., May 18, 2014
It's OK I guess. Not an "Original" 808. Those have tri colored LEDs and are configurable via software or a config file. Batterries are plugged to the board not soldered. Usually cost in the $35 and up range. These are not. Knock offs really but you get what you pay for. Instructions, well it was nice the vendor emailed them to me unsolicited but they are pretty much useless. File they reference for time stamp isn't named correctly (It's "TAG.TXT" not "TIME.TXT") and once you set it, it stays on, adding the "N" does NOT turn it off. Even a reset doesn't shut it off. Sort of fun to play with and definitely disposable. Gonna have to get a "Real" one for my purposes though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted my trash bag space, October 27, 2014
Not worth a penny. Don't shoot video, and doesn't work after couple presses. Don't waste your money and time with this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars I tried my best. It didn't work, November 13, 2014
DO NOT BUY THiS. IT does not work. First they sent me the a different product from what was on the picture. I tried my best. It didn't work. I returned it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your Money and Try another product, November 2, 2014
Save your Money, Video Quality not good, neither the sound quality, It only meant to use it on sunlight. I wouldn't recommend .

4.0 out of 5 stars it's great at a great price, December 3, 2014
I needed a video camera about this size and weight because I'm attaching it to an rc airplane. While I have not flown the airplane with the camera attached yet, I have played around with the camera in the living room. Because the same button operates the video and the still photos, I am never certain whether it took a still or a video or nothing at all. I pressed the button in accordance with the manual and after connecting it to my computer with the included USB cable, sometimes no picture or video was there and the file size read zero. Maybe as I play around with it more, I'll get it down. It just seems a bit quirky that way but again maybe that will get worked out as I get more familiar with it. Otherwise, it's great at a great price! Thank you for offering this product at this price!