Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

on January 10, 2013
I purchased this because I thought it would be a smaller version of the fm transmitter I have now. No sir. This piece of garbage clicks and pops like crazy and I can't even hear music. I ordered it in November and got it January 10, so the seller clearly is super punctual (eye roll). This has been the worst experience of online shopping. After 4 different occasions of contacting the seller to get the item, and then it doesn't even work I just threw the piece of crap away. I am willing to lose the money I spent on this just to have learned that I will never ever do business with Crazy Cart again. Stand up job, guys.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2014
I waited more than 15-20 days for it to arrive and it just stop working in 2 days in my case. In your case it may be 2 min 2 days or 2 months depending how lucky you are.
on May 20, 2013
If your looking to constantly readjust this lil bugger, go right on an buy it. Its a pain in the butt to have to swich stations and adjust the player, because anytime anything touches it, it resets the settings. The static is off the chain. So in the end, if your looking for a FREE player, there is one one off I-95 south on some rndom sholder. I am sure, there is nothing wrong with the seller. I truely believe, the product is CRAP!!!
on December 15, 2013
I love this item! I bought two of these for Christmas 4 years ago for my kids for their car. I recently bought one for my mom for her car. My kids use their cell phone to listen to music with this and it works great. I bought three flash drives and filled them with music and my kids and mom can use the flash drive on this device too. Saves having CDs all over your car!
on June 3, 2013
This MP3 player is totally unacceptable for any reasonable person.
It does transmit FM to a radio, but it is so lacking in the ordinary
things you expect from an MP3 player that it is functionally useless.

Here are my problems with this unit:

o It does not come with any instructions AT ALL. Possibly some of the
lacking features are present, but how could you know? I've tried holding
down two or more buttons, or holding one for 10 seconds, and so forth in the
hope of finding a feature, but no luck.

o The player has to be set to an FM channel. Okay, there are 200 or so of
these, and you can scroll through them on a couple minutes. But then when
you turn on your car the next time it reverts to channel 87.5 Mhz. It
should save your selection of channel.

o Contrary to the photo on the Amazon page, the display is NOT a double
line backlit display. It is only one line of about six DIGITS. The
player does not display any file name, or MP3 tags, or folder name. It
only shows a track number in the current folder. It should show the folder
and track at least.

o While playing the display does not show the track number. It shows the
current setting for the FM transmit frequency. No one cares about that
after the first 5 seconds of setting it. It should display the track
number. It only displays this for a few seconds if you hit next track
or previous track.

o If your MP3 files are in multiple folders, it does not show the current
folder name, or even its own "folder number". So you have no idea where
you are on the memory card. There is no way to change the folder or skip to
the next folder. You would have to go to the next file and go all the way
to the last track in a folder. I assume it would then go to the next
folder, but I don't know for sure.

o It does not remember the last track you were playing before you shut it
off. So every time you start the car, you have to somehow go through all
files to find the one you want. Remember that you do not see a folder
number on the display, only a track. For 10 folders, you would have to
hit the "next track" button several hundred times.

o It does not have a random play or repeat mode. It only plays the files
sequentially according to its own numbering of tracks and folders.

I'm sending this back. I've never seen a product that was so egregiously
bad and dysfunctional. This company should be banned from selling anything
on Amazon, or Amazon should test their products before putting them up for
sale and wasting everyone's time with this junk.
on April 13, 2014
The SD and USB slots are not working The connecting jack breaks easily
The jack looks and feels cheap .
on May 13, 2015
The item won't play any of my mp3 music without digital distortion. The connections that power this are not robust enough to keep in contact with the cigarette lighter over even the mildest of bumps. There were no instructions and the buttons are not necessarily intuitive or helpful both on the unit itself or on the "remote" that has to be within about 3 inches of the unit to work even with a brand new battery. I would return it, but it would cost more to ship it there than I spent on it, which should have been a good indication to me that it wouldn't work.
on March 14, 2012
works well no real issues, instructions? just load mp3 onto the media card plug set radio on your frequency and thats it --music
on April 1, 2014
I totally loved it when I bought it. It worked for about two weeks and then stopped or caused my radio to have really bad static. Plus the control doesn't even work or the slot for the USB or where you can insert other stuff doesn't work. Kinda mad and pissed but at-least i payed like 3 or 4 bucks for it.
on August 28, 2013
2nd UPDATE after another week
Today the display went out. I can still use the player because I have had it long enough to know which buttons to press to start it up correctly and it still plays music. I am still using it but without a display it is not a great product. I reduced it from 3 stars to 2 stars since the display went out.

UPDATE after 1 month usage
OK, I got the FAT32 SD card to work. So, I am happily playing songs off of a 16GB SD card. I was pretty happy when I could finally load all of my music onto a single SD card and not have to have two cards in the car. So, I would increase my rating by 1 star (but see below).

Now, I like to set the FM Mp3 Player to play songs at random and it does that just fine. But when I shut the power off, it forgets the setting so I have to re-set the setting to random each time I start the car. Not a big deal, but thought folks may want to know that. I think the volume setting also gets lost, but since I never use it I can't be 100% sure. No star changes for this.

Now for the one negative I found. The clear plastic cover over the display has curled up into a U shape and dropped off the Mp3 player. I have never seen anything like this before. So, the unit still plays, but the insides are exposed now. So, for this, I would reduce my review by 1 star.

So, overall the 3 star review stands.

I bought the unit on an Amazon special for less than US$5. I think that I got my money's worth as it does work and do exactly what the Amazon listing describes. However, the unit is made extremely cheaply and I assume it will break soon. Either way it is working now and I am using it daily. I tried the FM connection via the 3.5 MM connector from my iPod, but there was a bunch of hiss and the sound was not acceptable to me. Next I tried the SD card connection and ..... nothing. It didn't work at all. I did some troubleshooting and found that the SD card was formatted as FAT32 so I reformatted as FAT. Then it worked fine and the sound is fine. No hiss at all and good sound. So this is the configuration that I am using for now.

Three stars because of the construction, but I did expect that from the price.