Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

This is a review of the Freddie and Sebbie car sun shade. I received a free sample for evaluation.

This is an interesting design. Basically a 2-layer construction with a flexible wire loop around the edges. One layer is clear plastic and is able to magically stick to the window all by itself. The other layer is a fine mesh screen similar to a tent window/door screen.

The two layers are stitched together around the edges, in which is a thin, flexible wire that gives shape to the entire shade. The wire also allows you to easily twist, flip and fold the shade into a compact size so that it fits in a nylon storage bag. 4 suction cups are also provided so that you can "hang" the shade after attaching the suction cups to the shade and then to the inside of the window.

It works quite well at reducing the harsh, bright sun and also reduces UV that gets into the passenger compartment.

My concern is with the wire that goes around the edge of the window shade. As I fold the shade up I can feel a sharp edge and that makes we wonder whether the wire can come apart over time, or cause the edge to tear or wear prematurely.

But for now it works quite well and is quick and easy to attach and remove from my car windows.
Update 10/7/14
After 2 months of use I am downgrading the shades 1 star. I still like them a lot, but I don't like that the suction cups often come off the shade and now we lost one of them. The shade does not stay on well without the suction cups and it would have been better if they were permanently attached to the frame.

Original review
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I installed these car shades in our two cars 11 days ago. I used suction cups and so far they stayed on and have not fallen off. In my small SUV the car shade looks somewhat undersized, however in my husband's sedan if it was any bigger it would not fit on glass portion of he window.

The shade size is 19.25" 12.5".
The shade comes with a storage bag which is 8" x 7".

This sun shade does not totally dim the sun, it dims it. In attached video I put it in such a way that you sun direct sun and sun coming through the shade next to each so you can the difference the shade makes. I am quite sensitive to the sun, so I am using this shade to give me shade. I have one on my driver's side when I drive, and the other on in our second car when the hubby drives. The shade does provide some protection and a bit of cooling. The plus of the light protection is that the shade is very transparent, so especially when I use it when I drive it is good because I can see just as well with it as without it.

The shade is made out of two layers, one side is a black netting that provide the shade the other one is a clear plastic sheet that clings to the window. Both layers are attached to the metal frame which you can clip into suction cups. The shade is cling fine to window, but I decided suction cups will hold it more securely when the temperature shades. There are a total of 4 cups, 2 for each shade. If one shade does not provide enough shade it is possible to double up and hang them one of top of another.

Attached video shows the shade in both of our cars, as well as the view you get when you look through the shade.

This sun shade is provided by Freddie and Sebbie.

Ali Julia review
on September 24, 2014
The first shade I got from someone else turned out to be a piece of junk. I bought 4 of your shades and I love them. So easy to put on the windows. I came back from overseas with a terrible sunburn (photosensitivity) and rash caused by sensitivity to two ingredients in my Blood pressure medicine. I have to be very careful right now to not let direct sun hit me if possible. Right now I have 3 of the shades on my side car windows and the 4th I keep handy in the front seat to shield my body from sun that comes in through the spaces where the shield doesn't cover all entrances---front wind included. That has been very handy. I would order from you again and recommend you. Thank you for having something so easy to install and so helpful to so many of us...N.B
on September 23, 2014
I love this shade! This is my 4th shade and this works perfect. The other shades I have purchased does not do well with toddlers and kids. The roll version is awful and is played with a lot and breaks quickly. And can actually poke the kids eye because of the metal content of the bottom. This one is perfect. It sticks so well. It really shades the sun and keeps my toddler cool. I have a 4 door infiniti g35 sedan and does not cover the back entirely but it provides good enough coverage - as far as width. But the product is so great that it can be repositioned also when the sun is also repositioning itself.
on September 22, 2014
My BMW sunshade cannot be closed and I don't want to fix it because it costs me a lot of money. As a result, there is nothing to block the sun, and too much heat is coming through the glass sunroof. So the work around for this problem is to buy car sunshade.

I put two of them on the glass sunroof without using the suction cups and they stick very well.

I wish the car sunshade are more dark so they could block the sun completely.
on November 17, 2015
Love these car window shades! Living in a sub-tropical area the sun is always out. Having a new baby in a car seat the sun shades work wonderfully to keep the sun off of her in the car. This is a must when you have children or pets in your vehicle. It makes for a much more comfortable ride or trip and safer for the children or pets. It helps keep the heat out of the car as well. There are suctions cups to hold the sunshade to the windows.

I paid full price for this product and my opinion is my own.
on February 28, 2015
I use one for the driver side window. Good visibility through shade. Easy to install. Stays put. Would prefer to have one specifically shaped for driver side window but this is better than no shade. Live in Arizona and need sun protection all year.
on October 21, 2015
We bought this sunshade to use when we are transporting our little grandson. Our kids bought it and liked it, so we figured it was pretty likely to please us as well. It's great! It sticks to the window amazingly well, EVEN when it goes across the plastic divider between the stationery and moving windows. That surprised me a lot. It removes easily and folds up into a very small little bundle that easily goes into its carrying case. No complaints whatsoever...thanks for a great product.
on June 18, 2015
Purchased this item for a Subaru Forrester in southeastern U.S. The suction cups have stayed on despite a scorching week in the 90's, but I also used the adherent cling feature. Think of removable window clings but better. No marks or real adhesive, but they stick very well to the window. They provide similar protection to a darker tint on the window, but don't completely block the sun. They aren't big enough to fill out the whole window (as expected based on dimensions), but still provide adequate coverage if placed strategically. Also fit well in a compact care our nanny drives. The little carrying case is nice if you want to port them, but we plan to just leave them up. I was hesitant to order anything because all the other products I've tried, from cut to size window tint clings to retractable shades to products similar to this just haven't been worth the money. However, today I am ordering 2 more sets of these for the rest of the backseat windows in all vehicles.
on September 24, 2014
I use this shade to shield the Drivers side window. This sun shade allows you to put the suction cups anywhere on the edge
of the shade. It even comes with a carrying case. It's certainly a bargain for the money.