Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CardStar for Android
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 29, 2012
This app is pretty useful if you can actually get it to scan (turn screen brightness to high and turn off screen timeout for best results). The major down side is having to re enter all your cards every time the app updates! There is a backup option but in three updates I have yet to figure put how to make it work and I am fairly tech savvy. My advice if you choose to download this fairly useful app us to make sure auto updating is turned OFF, our else you'll find yourself at the checkout with an app filled with a whole lot of nothing.
on April 13, 2016
I love this app, unfortunately my galaxy updated to the new operating system and now the app won't work. Before I delete and reinstall it can anyone over a suggestion? I would hate to have to enter the cards all over again. When I used this on my iPhone I could scan the cards in. My galaxy doesn't allow that :-(....
on March 2, 2014
I thought I recall owning a previous version that let you scan your cards to quickly capture the information. All of your affinity cards can be stored in this app for easy retrieval. You must enter them manually and the app creates a UPC code that can be scanned at checkout by the cashier. It's handy.
on May 29, 2011
I have tons of reward cards in my wallet, to the point that I'm having problems closing it. I was told about this app by a friend and decided to try it out. The concept of the app is great, but my only issue is that it force closes every time I try to look at special deals associated with a certain card. If that's fixed, I'd give it 4 stars.
on May 16, 2012
Cardstar replaced most of those little keyring hanging tags and credit card sized cards clogging up my purse! The only stores I had to keep the plastic for were the stores with older scanners. The advantage with Cardstar is that it also carries special coupons and offers in addition to the convenience of of calling up the barcode on my phone. Now, if only there werea way to either print the offer or share it via email, it would be perfect. I use this and one other and together they cover almost every vendor I use. One flaw - every time I update I lose all the data and have to reload all my card numbers!
on January 31, 2014
I finally was able to throw away all those irritating "savings-cards" from grocery stores, Drug stores, what have you.. I can now walk into Sams club, My Fitness Club, etc, without having to carry the card. Liberating. You just show the screen to the (for instance) grocery checker. She scans the phone and that's it. You'll love this app. This is one of my top 5 favorite apps.
on November 29, 2013
This application is an ace in the whole for those of us who have become used to carrying all of those little store bonus tags in our wallets or purses. The interface is spectacularly simple and intuitive. I'm amazed at how speedily the app recognizes these ID cards in and instant. Bravo to the developers!
on February 28, 2014
The app is easy to use, and it don't have to carry my cards.the big drawback is that it doesn't have any instructions on how to sync with your other phones and devices. You have to email them to get the instructions and we haven't gotten them yet.
on June 29, 2013
I got this one on Amazon app store. It was OK, but it does not have the cloud backup and restore that the newest version on Play store does. To get that feature, I had to uninstall and reinstall from Play. All my card data was lost and I had to start over from nothing. It took forever to type in all those numbers! In the future, maybe they will have v.3 on Amazon too, but even then I bet it will fall out of date quickly on Amazon even as it keeps improving on Play. Don't get this app here!
These days, we are honestly using our smartphones and tablets for all of our everyday use. But out of all of them, we really do not see just how important it is to find what is really the best apps that are need for convenience, especially for when we do go shopping. Well, there are so many different apps for our grocery and specialty shopping needs, but honestly trying to find the best one is more like finding a needle out of a haystack. There are just so many apps out there, where there is no convenience for if you have so many cards. If you honestly one app for all of those loyalty cards, well this is a nice app to download. CardStar for Android smartphones and tablets, is one that actually works by having you manually install all your store loyalty cards into one simple app for all your purchases, wherever you go. Unfortunately, you can either scan the cards on the app, or you can enter them manually and they will be in one simple space. It is a noble app woryh checking out, but there are some that don't feel the need to store of their security cards for better checkouts, and lower prices.

Price: B+