on December 21, 2000
Wow, this is a great set of dominoes. You can play a huge number of games with varying levels of complexity.
Fun: Personally, I recommend you get the box of Double 12s. This box has more 'bones' as the dominoes are called and unless you sort out those with higher values you will find some games too time consuming or unnecessarily difficult. Otherwise this would have gotten 5 stars for fun.
Education: From simple for all ages, to more complex rules to satisfy those who require games with thought and strategy. The great part about dominoes is that you can play a game with both types of folks at the same time!
Durable: Not only are the dominoes very durable, the tin they come in is a wonderful storage container.
Extra: The colored spots/dots on this set. They truly liven up the bones in a way that white on black simply cannot match. They add more ways to play than counting spots or pattern recognition, adding to the ease of play and ability to use the game educationally. None of the dots have not chipped or faded for me.
Buy this game for yourself. Play with friends and family. Watch them go out and buy their own set.
on February 11, 2002
We purchased the 15 color dominoe set and we loved it! We have German neighbors and we taught them how to play dominoes and
"chicken claw" (a fun dominoe game). The dominoes are so durable and colorful that even the kids were able to play with the adults. They are easy to clean (if necessary) and store nicely in their tin box. Great product!
on February 13, 2012
Verified Purchase
I made sure to purchase this set of Double 15 colored pip dominoes because they are produced by Cardinal Industries - the company that made my double-9 and double-12 sets that my family purchased in the mid-90's.

Let me start out with my major complaint:

Cardinal Industries' quality control is now in the toilet. I know the double-9 and double-12 sets purchased in the mid-90's were much more expensive and of a higher quality... seeing this double-15 set for such a low price made me leery.

Even with reviews posted here on Amazon, of paint defects and easily identifiable defects - I still purchased this set... I fully expected some of the dominoes to have issues. However, I'm disappointed at the level of damage, paint chips, and over all paint contamination causing many to be easily identifiable.

Side note: I've uploaded a number of photos to this product to show some "issues" you may run into.

Make sure you get what you purchased! Do not "assume" that all the *RIGHT* dominoes are there. Lay them out, put them in order, and verify that every one is there. Having an incomplete/incorrect set will cause confusion in the middle of your favorite intense game of dominoes. Note: My set was complete.

My set arrived in a tin, though it wasn't damaged, it is a metal tin - and we all know they *can* be easily dented, etc. Take care - if yours arrived in great condition.

The "train" hub that was included in my set (see the pictures I uploaded) is adequate, no frills. It is smaller than other ones I have, and I actually prefer that.

My set only came with 4 - yes four - train markers. Hello Cardinal, the train hub provided for - say Mexican Train - plays up to 8, plus the public train... you need to provide at minimum 9 markers! 4 is not enough. In my opinion, if they didn't want to include a full set, they shouldn't have included them at all.

If you want a stand alone (more robust) train hub (with frills) and 9 markers, look at this product: Mexican Train And Chickenfoot Game Centerpiece Kit

Let's face it, this is a set of dominoes, and there are various types of games you can play with them... thus the 5/5 for "how fun is this toy". I'm giving a 3/5 for durability - after one day some paint is already coming off - just from shuffling the dominoes!

Overall I have to give it a 1/5. I'm disappointed by the quality control coming from Cardinal Industries, the paint issues and contamination is just too much - even for the price.

** One last thing... Upon opening the dominoes (they come shrink wrapped in the tin), a very intense chemical odor emanated from the set. The smell persists, days later. Played a game with five others, and they all noticed it. Nauseating really. :/

** Update: I've noticed that some tiles are actually thinner than others - by a noticeable amount. This is just another nail in the coffin that is Cardinal Industries Double Fifteen Color Dot Dominoes.
on October 26, 2003
This is a must have for all classic game lovers. With 3 of our 4 children visually disabled, it was quite easy for them to see the dots (easy for the older parents too!). The youngest children were not frustrated because they could match up the dominoes by color, and eventually learned the patterns and counting as well. They are very durable and come inside a tin that has a snug-fitting lid to prevent spills. Detailed instructions are included for many versions of play. This is a perfect game for Family Game night as the games are short enough to complete before younger players get frustrated.
on October 21, 2001
Verified Purchase
We have only played the Mexican Train Game, one of those listed in the instructional booklet. The whole family played it for 5 hours, from 73-yr old Grandma to 12-year old nephew. We had a wonderful time. The tiles are colorful and durable and the game is educational.
on October 20, 2011
These Dominoes came damaged. There were not enought number 14's in the box. And, there were too many number 13's, like 27. There should be only 15 of each number in the box. I had these sent to a grand-daughter in Ohio, where I was going on vacation. It was disapointing to discover that there was a mix up in the box. When I called they said they would send another box, too find out there were many hoops to jumb through. My son is too send them back, needless to say I, had to come home, and was disapointed in the return process.
on February 3, 2011
Verified Purchase
I bought this set from Amazon/Target thinking it was identical to the one at Target. Well, the two sets have the same name and are made by the same manufacturor. But the pieces contained in this set are way thinner than the same set bought at a physical Target store. The thicker dominos are way more fun. Buy yours at a Target store.
on March 24, 2011
My extended family has enjoyed playing Mexican Train style dominoes games at holiday get-togethers for years, and a double 15 set is a must when you've got a lot of players! Just recently we decided to buy a set for our own household, and picked up a Cardinal Industries set as that was all the local supermarket had and the grandparents' set came from them. Upon opening it, we were unpleasantly surprised to find that many pieces had paint smears, chips, and/or unidentifiable and unremovable grime on the sides and back. At least 8 pieces were easily markable when turned over, which is way too big of a temptation for the cheaters among us. We had also purchased a double 12 set, and the pieces showed the same chips, paint smears and grime as the double 15.

Although I highly recommend this game, I cannot recommend this manufacturer. Their quality has certainly decreased over the years!
on August 16, 2005
Verified Purchase
We just learned to play dominoes (again). Chicken foot! Lots of fun. This set of double 15's is the best I've seen. Allows lots of players at a single table. The pieces are durable, large, easy to read and color coded which is helpful to my old eyes and to the grandkids as well.
on December 26, 2007
Verified Purchase
I bought these for a 3 year old...more to line up and push over rather than actually play dominoes. They are a good value and are very nice. The colors are pretty, I was satisfied with the quality, they were a lot of fun! The colors and dots were an added bonus for counting and identifying colors. I really liked these! They also came with four little trains which was also a big hit! :)

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations