Cardinal Wood Checkers & Tic Tac Toe
|Price:||$14.98 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Solid Wood Reversible Game Board
- Wood Playing Pieces
- 2 Games on 1 Gameboard
- 5 Years + Up
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The unusual feature is the fact that they are black and light brown instead of the ususal black and red.
Some cons about this set: the included instructions are not very detailed, about one paragraph long, so hopefully you already know how to play the game. (For what it's worth, it contain several typos, too.) Clearly the company didn't invest a lot of effort in the instructions.
The checkers have an embossed pattern on one side, but in my set, one of the checkers wasn't embossed. It's not a big deal, but I think shows some lack of quality control on the part of the manufacterer.
One more thing to throw out: the gameboard smells like -- and I am not making this up -- barbecue. Maybe it's made of mesquite or something. It's a fairly strong scent, pretty much detectible the whole time while playing the game. It's not a bad smell. Who knows, it might even be a selling point if you like barbecue.
I think it will serve our purposes well, and last for years. Good set for the cost. Only drawback is I thought it would be oak board and it is not. Also it is just a tad small (square) I believe 10x10 inch.
Things to improve:
1) Quality control. As usual with anything made in China, there was no quality control on this product. One of the pieces was missing the swirl design used to "queen" a piece. Another reviewer had this same problem.
2) No spare pieces. I have never seen a checkers board not come with a few spare pieces. Especially since this is such a small board and set of pieces not coming with at least one or two spares is kind of a rip off.
3) I wish I bought a Checker / Chess combo board. My daughter is 5, so I thought that Chess was too far off to warrant buying a Chess and Checkers combination board. I was wrong.
My recommendation to you is not to make the same mistake I did. Spend a little money to get something nice, preferably made in America (or Europe). If you do buy this, you will be assured that you will get what you paid for.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Quite durable and solid compared to our old paper checkers board !! Also enjoy the tic tac toe on the back!Published 14 days ago by ROBERT SHARPE
Great board and great pieces. They do seem like very cheap wood, but they are very nice looking. Very light colored just as pictured.Published 27 days ago by Jason Huber
Nice checkers and tic tac toe set. Son enjoys this classic game. Seems sturdily made.Published 1 month ago by Melissa Tomlinson
Worst possible board you can buy. Says wood board, but does not say there is a thin cheap plastic film covering the top with the squares instead of them being painted on. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Tim Pedro