4.0 out of 5 stars Still love it..
I'm not quite sure why everyone else is having such a problem with the machine. I've had mine for almost 3 years and have never had a problem. I also think its a great workout and it really works your bottom half. I still use mine all the time.
Published on October 30, 2010 by Becky513

3.0 out of 5 stars the positive and negative of this product...
Published on January 27, 2009 by family of five

3.0 out of 5 stars the positive and negative of this product..., January 27, 2009
family of five (central florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CARDIO TWISTER
well.. i guess you should always start with the positive. Its a good product to get a good workout on. im not to into exercising maybe a bike ride or walk or such. Im 33, just not real ambitious, i wanted somthing i would keep up with. So that being said i love this its fun and a good workout. the first week i could only do @ 15 min (thats @800 steps) which i saw as pretty good for a start. then i got up to 30 and am now doing the workout it came with. Its a good workout it works your butt and calvs, and thighs. Im 6'1 so the waist thing is wierd because i really have to lean over to turn the handlebars.. so not sure about that if your really tall like me. but the bottom half really feels it and im still on the basic level of the machiene. you can make the resistance harder if you need to. Now the bad.. we go the machiene and it came with wrong pices and the chains to make the pedals move were off and it took @ 3-4 hours for us together to get it working. If you are good at fixing stuff its no problem but if not i would probably not buy this item, being if i didnt marry my husband i would of returned the thing. It was a Mess! and it only goes to 250lbs and i wouldnt push that at all, being you will probably slip the chain agian. I keep having to re align it so im not real sure how long it will stay together??? but i do like the idea of it, so i hope it holds up. so thats my 2 cents for anyone who wants to know! =)

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Potential, Sad Reality, February 12, 2009
This review is from: CARDIO TWISTER
To situate the conversation, I'm 5'7" and well under 250 lbs. I got the product for the full body aspect of it but was disappointed at the inability to adjust the handlebar height higher. I can only imagine what it would be like for someone who is over 6'. The range of motion is adjustable, however, so if you are flexible...and shorter than 5'5" then this could potentially work for you.

Be warned that the step motion is jerky as well as loud (although I didn't try to add lubricant to see if that would resolve the issue), important parts are easily broken (like the rear foot pad after less than 24 hours), and the machine is extremely large.

On the bright side, I found assembly pretty straight forward since all the parts were numbered and referenced in the manual. It does take twice as long than the 15 minutes mentioned in the book, however.

Assembled product dimensions are not online (or available from the phone order folks) so here it is: Height = 48', Width = 27', Depth = 32' All figures are approximate but aren't off by more than an inch. Since CardioTwister doesn't fold, it's not good for small spaces.

Needless to say, I returned it. Customer service didn't try to retain me or cross sell, which is great. There was even a sticker to help speed up the process at the post office. Shipping it back to them cost less than the shipping to receive it so, happily, I'm not out that much...assuming I do get credited back in the time they promised.

So, my lesson is learned with the infomercial stuff (although I do like my Leg Magic, despite its own low handlebar issue).

A good alternative for a full body workout is a wobble board for your feet and a weighted stick (or broom stick) in your arms. Seriously.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap equipment, April 2, 2009
This review is from: CARDIO TWISTER
Difficult to assemble. Never functioned smoothly. I returned it and have been fighting for months to get my money back. A total waste.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money!!, October 2, 2009
This review is from: CARDIO TWISTER
I purchased this exerciser as a rehab aid for my wife after she had hip surgery. While the concept is good, this product is cheap, unstable, lacks smoothness and has an annoying, persistent squeak. After purchasing their upgraded model, I was instructed on how to adjust the unit, but none of his suggestions was able to rectify the problems. I then requested a replacement, which they did agree to, only to discover that this second one had the exact same problem.

Fortunately, I was able to return the second unit and obtain a prompt refund. If I could rate this product a zero, I would, but a single star would be appropriate because the company seemed to sincerely try to help me.

1.0 out of 5 stars This product is a piece of crap!, January 25, 2010
This review is from: CARDIO TWISTER
Loved the concept and when I saw the commercial for it, I was hooked....what a rip off! It falls apart on you all the time...the resistance never works, it's poorly made, way over priced, and every time my husband would have to put it back together, it would break right away. Don't waste your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still love it.., October 30, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars flaw in product, June 13, 2010
This review is from: CARDIO TWISTER
The Cardio Twister has a flaw in construction regarding the resistance mechanism. It consists of an adjustment lever and pressure plate that press down on a 3 piece bearing assembly. This in turn causes resistance in a hub connected with a sprocket and chain to the other moving parts. The problem is the 3 piece bearing assembly does not stay aligned with all of it's parts, the top part moving off center. This will destroy the bearing and cones in a short time. I have been working on a way to remedy the problem. Also, the drive chain adjustment had no lock nut and it came loose within about 30 minutes of use.

I received the item in a very reasonable time, so I have not problem with the handling of my order. jlw

2.0 out of 5 stars Cardio Twister, May 19, 2010
C. Robertson (Meridian, Idaho) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CARDIO TWISTER
This is my second one...Personally I think its a great idea..I like using it..but I find it is of poor non lasting quality...

1.0 out of 5 stars SUCKS, June 1, 2011
This review is from: CARDIO TWISTER
IT BROKE IN 1 WEEK , THE CHAIN KEEP COMING OUT . THE PEDAL GET STOCK EVERY 5 MINUTES. NOT HAPPY IT ALL.

1.0 out of 5 stars CARDIO TWISTER, December 15, 2010
This review is from: CARDIO TWISTER
It was a piece of junk. The DVD's that came with it came broken. The timer broke the first time using it. Within a month the steps gave way and broke. I do not recommend this item for people that are over 200 pounds but fall within the specified weight limit to use this product. Biggest waste of money!

ARRAY(0x95b9e2a0)