4.0 out of 5 stars Good machine - Bad instructions
Published on February 27, 2006 by John Perkins Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad customer service
We bought this mashine in March. The machine came with a burnt out adapter. Contacted customer service a number of times through E-Mail and by phone . Were told the part would be shipped right out I'm still waiting. The mashine is great from what I can use but the company is a disgrace so BEWARE PEOPLE.
Published on May 22, 2006 by Diane A. Curtis

4.0 out of 5 stars Good machine - Bad instructions, February 27, 2006
John Perkins Jr. (Laveen, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CardioMax 700e Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
I have now had the 700e for 2 weeks. This is my first elliptical machine, and I'm pretty happy with it. Without having much to compare it to though, not sure how much that means. It feels very solid, and provides a good workout. The machine is also quite large. It is about 5'8" high, almost as long, and around 2' wide. I was taken aback by it's size, but it was not a concern of mine going in. If size is an issue in your application, I would look elsewhere.

The build instructions were not very good. Many of the pieces did not fit the diagram, and some of the parts were different than what was listed. Most people can probably decipher what needs to be done as 80% of the instructions are correct. If you have a hard time putting things like these together, you may want to look elswhere. It took me a total of 4 hours from unpacking to full assembly.

There is a fan on the control panel that does not do much. It has the power of a PC case fan, or one of those hand-held pen fans. Do not expect a cool breeze during hot days from this thing. I'd say it's a pretty worthless feature.

Overall, I'd give the machine 4 out of 5 stars. It has a good variety of programs, and is very smooth in motion. The pedals seem a little wide, so it may not be very comfortable for anyone really small. I am 5'10" and my wife is 5'4", and it's a bit of a stretch as the pedals are just outside of shoulder width. With more use though, we have gotten more comfortable with the machine, and it was never a strain to the point of being painful.

If the instructions were more accurate, and the pedals were just a few inches closer together, I would probably give this machine a 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Machine Overall, March 14, 2006
Amazon Customer (Lakewood, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CardioMax 700e Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
Overall, I am pretty impressed with the machine. I had difficulty, as another review has mentioned, with the instructions. It appeared that the design has changed and the instructions have not been updated but they are probably 80% correct.

The machine is fairly stable, not as good as commercial units but this is not a commercial unit. The selection of pre-programmed exercises are good as well as being able to set the time. The heart rate monitor works and makes workouts interesting to see how high you can get your heart rate.

I would recommend the machine so far. The quality of construction looks very good. I purchased the unit for $379 at a Friday sale. I think that was a very good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I've been waiting for, April 11, 2006
Ryan D. Lucey (The Garden State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CardioMax 700e Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
Stats: Male, Age 25, 200 lbs ( muscular frame ).

I'm not a novice to elliptical trainers. The CardioMax 700e is my 9th elliptical trainer within a 4 year period. I use elliptical trainers religiously; mainly because I lost around 100 pounds through the use of elliptical trainers. The problem that I had was that I overused elliptical trainers. All of my previous elliptical trainers did not use the rear-rails / rubber ball assembly. I had seen this in many ellipticals but had always ended up getting the ellipticals with the 'straight' leg and more recently the 'bending leg' ( the one that is supposed to return energy to your next rotation ). Yeah, well those 'snapped' on me within the first 5 months.

I saw this elliptical on amazon and saw the reviews that it received and I thought I would give it a try.

Assembly was relatively easy ( I've put together so many of them ).

The movement is extremely smooth and the overall machine feels very solid. I like the feeling that the machine is 'bigger' than I am. It gives me the impression that it is sturdy and will last for a while.

I don't really use built-in programs at all. I have my own routines that I use and all I really need is the resistance control.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the machine. It looks good ( even has faux-carbon-fiber parts! ) works awesome and I'm looking forward to owning it for a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad customer service, May 22, 2006