Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

4.8 out of 5 stars31,975

on October 29, 2014
Ever wondered what a grown-up version of Apples to Apples would look like? Well, Cards Against Humanity is the perfect response to that desire.

If you've never played Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, let me fill you in on how CAH works. There are Black Cards and there are White Cards. At the start of each round, one chosen player (The Judge) will select a Black Card from the stack. On these cards will be a phrase or question that needs to be answered/completed. This is where white cards come in. Players have 10 White Cards, which they use to complete the Black Card's question(s)/blank(s). After each player (besides The Judge) has chosen the best White Card in their hand to go with the Black Card, all players turn their White Cards in to The Judge. From here, The Judge reviews the White Cards and decides his/her favorite pairing of the White and Black Cards. The player who played the Judge's chosen White Card gets a point (if that matters to your group) and the gameplay starts all over.

Let me give you an example with word-for-word examples of what you'll find on the Black and White cards.

1. The Judge plays a Black Card that says: "Life for the Native Americans was forever changed after the white man introduced them to ____________."
2. All players (exc. the Judge) choose a White Card.
3. After everyone has chosen their White Card, the Judge reviews the responses: "Smallpox Blankets", "Drinking Alone", "A Can of Whoop-Ass", and "Take-Backsies"
(Before you read these and think I'm an awful person, these are actual White Cards that I have seen played on the aforementioned Black Card)
4. The Judge chooses "Drinking Alone" and the player who picked this White Card wins the round.

This game is great fun, but keep in mind that there are some edgy/racy/raunchy/explicit/graphic/vulgar White and Black cards. In fact, that's the point.

If you don't have the right sense of humor to laugh at a card combination like "Lifetime presents: __Pretending to Care__, the story of __Not Giving a S*** about the Third World__", then this is not a game that I would recommend for you.

This is not a children's game, and this is not a game to play with Grandma (unless Grandma has a really effed up and awesome sense of humor). But if you and your friends enjoy laughing at the darker side of life, art, and pop culture... This is the perfect game for your next party.
1717 comments|1,570 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2012
This is not a review about playing Cards Against Humanity, it's a review of the fallout endured from playing Cards Against Humanity. Take it as a warning, if you will.

If you aren't a horrible person already, you will soon be. You will play Cards Against Humanity, and as others have said, you will be shocked, appalled, and worst of all, you will learn and adapt. You'll reach for your smartphone and search for terms you've drawn such as "The Übermensch", "Heteronormativity", and "The Three-Fifths Compromise". You will commit these and many other newly-learned words to memory.

And that's where it all comes crashing down.

At first, you might allow "front butt" to casually wander its way into a conversation here and there. As more of your subconscious fights to unleash the trauma, you'll find yourself uttering "nipple blades" and "mouth herpes" in the most unacceptable of times. You'll visit the Cards Against Humanity website and bomb them with suggestions for new cards like "Cutting the cheese at a funeral" and "Scissoring".

Soon, you will meet up with new people to inflict Cards Against Humanity upon them and they'll be hooked. You will receive random voicemails and texts, asking for another hit of that "8 oz. of sweet, Mexican black tar heroin", and you will comply, because you're just as hooked as they are. They'll bring new friends in to freshen up the game...you will feel a rush as the look of shame crosses their innocent eyes as they win a round by playing "Amputees" against your "White People Like _____".

"I was just throwing that card away!" they'll proclaim, but you know the sad truth.

You will buy the expansion pack. You will host parties where you play through every card in both boxes. You'll wonder where the time went. Your face will hurt from laughing so much. Your friends will buy their own sets, and the infection will be passed on.

A team of rescue workers will find you you weeks later in your closet, frazzled, emaciated, and stinking from "Soiling Yourself", because you just couldn't stop with playing Cards Against Humanity against yourself. The light of day will strike your eyes and you'll gaze up at your saviors with pensive anticipation...

"Wanna play?"
104104 comments|7,959 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2013
So much fun, this game works so well with the type of humor my social circle enjoys. Also, we are probably going to hell.
1616 comments|1,145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2012
I'm pretty sure that owning this game is the only reason I get invited to parties these days. Worth it.
44 comments|1,114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
A bad, bad game for bad, bad people. You're probably a bad person, but might not even realize it, having hidden that side of yourself for so long, sweet innocence is no longer an act, but your reality. This game will release that inner demon.

Take the black card, read it aloud. Everyone fills in the answers from their white cards. Groans, laughter, ugh, etc. Judge chooses the winner, who then takes the black card. Get the right number of black cards, and you win! Just like Apples to Apples, but goes better with Tequila.

We play this with the kids and the grandparents. Yep. Age 18-75. They both end up looking up about the same number of items. Occasionally there is a little embarrassment as the 18 year old realizes gramma knows EXACTLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY what she is talking about, and vice verse. There are no secrets in this game.

If you want to take it to a more disgusting level, which is certainly not appropriate for kids and grandparents (and CAH is?, hmmm, have I already fallen?) you can try one of the 3rd party expansions, like Crabs Adjust Humidity http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=crabs%20adjust%20humidity&sprefix=crabs%2Ctoys-and-games.

There are also templates available on the web to make your own custom sets.

Hint: Use smile.amazon.com to purchase, and you may end up in one of the upper levels of h e l l instead of straight to the bottom. Remember, it's for the kids.
0Comment|324 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2016
My oldest son put this game on his Christmas wish list. Knowing nothing about it I purchased it. I was overjoyed that he was asking for something that didn't require batteries or wasn't a video game.

Now, I realize I'm going to be judged as a bad parent for purchasing this game and for not doing more research before giving it to my teenage son. I accept that. However, this game is so funny.

My Husband and I have played it with our son quite a few times and it made us all sit together and just laugh so hard that we snort and end up having some very interesting conversations.

Yes, the game is politically incorrect and does have some sexual context but so does everything on TV and on the internet these days.

Anything that keeps my teenager talking to me and feeling comfortable speaking with us about odd or uncomfortable things is a win in my parenting handbook.

I purchased this game at full price. I was not offered any discount or future discounts for reviewing this product. All pictures and opinions are my own and offered for anyone considering the purchase of this game.
review image review image review image
on January 20, 2015
Cards is the best card game I've played in awhile. If your sense of humor can handle some rather un-PC (in all the best ways) jokes then this is the game for you! "Midgets" "prancing" and "Lance Armstrong's missing left testicle" win the hand every.single.time.

The very first time I played this game, I got the best black/white card pairing. (my boyfriend shaves his head)
Black Card: "What ended your last relationship?"
White Card: Mr. Clean standing right behind you.

And kudos to Lance Armstrong for playing this game, GETTING THE CARD ABOUT HIS OWN MISSING LEFT TESTICLE, and joking about it on twitter!
review image
on December 8, 2013
So much fun, but don't play this with your parents, children or new people..they might get the wrong impression of you...
77 comments|282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2015
First, let me say that I am 67 years old, and did not want to play this game with my sons and grandsons, but they wouldn't let me alone until I caved in. (This is just to sorta protect me from people who will think I'm terrible for playing this with my kids and grandkids)...Second...I haven't laughed so much in years. I couldn't read some of the answers out loud, because the kids rigged the deck with my question and their answers every time I would leave the table to go check on the turkey..But I laughed until I cried..This game is totally disgusting, but now my sisters and I play, along with a select group of friends. My husband does not think it's funny at all, bless his heart
0Comment|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2015
We combined thus game with the spin the shot. Fun fun!
review image