Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on March 31, 2013
When I opened this up, the first card said 'a bigger blacker dick'. That's all you need to know. Best game ever
22 comments260 of 277 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
I held off on buying Cards Against Humanity, as I wasn't sure about their political stance on dolphin safety. Now that this second expansion solidifies their views, I am more than willing to purchase. Thanks Cards Against Humanity.
99 comments497 of 563 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2013
As my 28 y/o daughter said throughout her first time playing this game...."this is so not okay" and "I'm going straight to hell"
Definitely not a game for children or young teens or super religious people. But as has become our tradition to take a shot of Fire Ball Whiskey before we play the game. You know you've ventured into some things you have been thinking and some that you haven't ever thought of before! A great tension buster, a bonding game to say the least. We were introduced to this game during a family wedding weekend and although my 17 year old told me about the game a few days prior it's not a game you expect. Everyone asks "have you played Apples to Apples before", (for me NO), it's off the chart hysterical, vulgar and creative. Think MadLibs times infinity and so politically incorrect!! We opted for the first two expansions because we played the 3rd expansion at the family get together. I thought just the original game itself was hysterically funny. We've made some of our own rules up....having 7 cards instead of 10 is easier to manage, and our next game will somehow encompass being able to play the re-up card beings that card always seems to be the perfect card for the question card that was just presented. I am not a crude person nor am I a prude this card game is a "let your hair down and get comfy kinda game" Make sure you don't pee your pants.
*****DEFINITELY NOT APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AUDIENCES******
0Comment63 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
If you own (or are going to buy) the full Cards Against Humanity game, you should absolutely buy this. The cards added provide a little more longevity to the enjoyment you'll get out of the game by keeping it fresh.

I will order any future expansion packs that come out immediately, as I did when this one came out. This game is awesome and the expansion packs are a definite necessity.

So for those that haven't got a clue what this game is...it's Apples to Apples, but for adults. This is not a game for your children, unless you're a horrible parent.

Gameplay: Each player grabs 10 white cards. Each round, one player grabs a black card. The black card has either a question, or it has a statement with one or two fill-in-the-blanks. The other players in the game pick the white card or cards (if there's two fill-ins) and put them in a pile. When all cards are in, the player who pulled the black card reads off the pile of white cards (without knowing who put them in) and chooses their favorite. Some people go with the funniest card, others go for what makes the most sense. Each player plays different, and when turning in the white card, you have to play to how you feel each player picks the winning card. Whoever's white card is chosen gets the black card. After each hand, everyone draws a new white card or two to always keep 10 in their hand. Play until you're bored and whoever has the most black cards wins the game.

Optional Rules: This is one thing that makes this game awesome. You can always make up your own rules. And if you have the creativity of E.L. James, the game supplies some rules for you. One of my favorites is Rando Cardissian. Basically, each round, you throw in an extra white card to the pile. That way, if the person picks that card as the best, everyone else feels like an idiot for getting beat by a random card from the deck. Another good one (forget the name) is that if you pick up a white card and you don't know what it means or get the reference, you can flip it over face up for all players to see and admit that you don't know what it is. After that, the other players are encouraged to ridicule you for being so dense, and can then explain what the card is. That way, we can all learn! Yay education!

Again...Buy this expansion pack! And also the first one if you haven't bought that either. You won't regret it.
0Comment186 of 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
This game is not for the faint-hearted, and it will offend all your friends in the first 3 hands. After you get past the initial anger and shock, it's a heck of a good time and a very bonding experience. Pushing the limits is not an accurate description - it takes your limits, laughs at them, and continues on its merry way.
0Comment130 of 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2014
Nothing like throwing back some beers and making combinations of funny things that really shouldn't be funny if you're a decent human. If that makes me indecent, I don't want to change.
0Comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
The description mislead me into believing they were dolphin safe. This made me very happy since I'd now be able to share this great game with my pet dolphin. However, he almost immediately got a card wedged in his blowhole and subsequently drowned. Have you ever tried to Heimlich a dolphin? It's not easy nor pretty.

So 5 stars for the game, and 0 stars for the liars who made it.
22 comments130 of 173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2013
Who would not give this game 5 stars?

Best Answer: David Bowie flying in on a tiger made of lightening
11 comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2013
I'm 47 years old and my oldest son brought it to Thanksgiving...It was very funny..but you want to monitor the ages of the children around while playing. We borrowed it and played it again with some of our close friends and had a blast. It is a great adult game.
on November 13, 2012
I really do enjoy this game. It is nice to know that others are as willing and able to laugh in the face of uncouth. The expansion pack is just more good twisted fun. Like poking bears with sticks this is fun that probably should not be had. That just makes it all the more enjoyable.
0Comment22 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse