Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on March 31, 2013
When I opened this up, the first card said 'a bigger blacker dick'. That's all you need to know. Best game ever
22 comments260 of 277 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
I held off on buying Cards Against Humanity, as I wasn't sure about their political stance on dolphin safety. Now that this second expansion solidifies their views, I am more than willing to purchase. Thanks Cards Against Humanity.
99 comments497 of 563 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2013
As my 28 y/o daughter said throughout her first time playing this game...."this is so not okay" and "I'm going straight to hell"
Definitely not a game for children or young teens or super religious people. But as has become our tradition to take a shot of Fire Ball Whiskey before we play the game. You know you've ventured into some things you have been thinking and some that you haven't ever thought of before! A great tension buster, a bonding game to say the least. We were introduced to this game during a family wedding weekend and although my 17 year old told me about the game a few days prior it's not a game you expect. Everyone asks "have you played Apples to Apples before", (for me NO), it's off the chart hysterical, vulgar and creative. Think MadLibs times infinity and so politically incorrect!! We opted for the first two expansions because we played the 3rd expansion at the family get together. I thought just the original game itself was hysterically funny. We've made some of our own rules up....having 7 cards instead of 10 is easier to manage, and our next game will somehow encompass being able to play the re-up card beings that card always seems to be the perfect card for the question card that was just presented. I am not a crude person nor am I a prude this card game is a "let your hair down and get comfy kinda game" Make sure you don't pee your pants.
*****DEFINITELY NOT APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AUDIENCES******
0Comment64 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
If you own (or are going to buy) the full Cards Against Humanity game, you should absolutely buy this. The cards added provide a little more longevity to the enjoyment you'll get out of the game by keeping it fresh.

I will order any future expansion packs that come out immediately, as I did when this one came out. This game is awesome and the expansion packs are a definite necessity.

So for those that haven't got a clue what this game is...it's Apples to Apples, but for adults. This is not a game for your children, unless you're a horrible parent.

Gameplay: Each player grabs 10 white cards. Each round, one player grabs a black card. The black card has either a question, or it has a statement with one or two fill-in-the-blanks. The other players in the game pick the white card or cards (if there's two fill-ins) and put them in a pile. When all cards are in, the player who pulled the black card reads off the pile of white cards (without knowing who put them in) and chooses their favorite. Some people go with the funniest card, others go for what makes the most sense. Each player plays different, and when turning in the white card, you have to play to how you feel each player picks the winning card. Whoever's white card is chosen gets the black card. After each hand, everyone draws a new white card or two to always keep 10 in their hand. Play until you're bored and whoever has the most black cards wins the game.

Optional Rules: This is one thing that makes this game awesome. You can always make up your own rules. And if you have the creativity of E.L. James, the game supplies some rules for you. One of my favorites is Rando Cardissian. Basically, each round, you throw in an extra white card to the pile. That way, if the person picks that card as the best, everyone else feels like an idiot for getting beat by a random card from the deck. Another good one (forget the name) is that if you pick up a white card and you don't know what it means or get the reference, you can flip it over face up for all players to see and admit that you don't know what it is. After that, the other players are encouraged to ridicule you for being so dense, and can then explain what the card is. That way, we can all learn! Yay education!

Again...Buy this expansion pack! And also the first one if you haven't bought that either. You won't regret it.
0Comment186 of 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
This game is not for the faint-hearted, and it will offend all your friends in the first 3 hands. After you get past the initial anger and shock, it's a heck of a good time and a very bonding experience. Pushing the limits is not an accurate description - it takes your limits, laughs at them, and continues on its merry way.
0Comment130 of 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2014
Nothing like throwing back some beers and making combinations of funny things that really shouldn't be funny if you're a decent human. If that makes me indecent, I don't want to change.
0Comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
The description mislead me into believing they were dolphin safe. This made me very happy since I'd now be able to share this great game with my pet dolphin. However, he almost immediately got a card wedged in his blowhole and subsequently drowned. Have you ever tried to Heimlich a dolphin? It's not easy nor pretty.

So 5 stars for the game, and 0 stars for the liars who made it.
22 comments131 of 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2013
Who would not give this game 5 stars?

Best Answer: David Bowie flying in on a tiger made of lightening
11 comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2012
I really do enjoy this game. It is nice to know that others are as willing and able to laugh in the face of uncouth. The expansion pack is just more good twisted fun. Like poking bears with sticks this is fun that probably should not be had. That just makes it all the more enjoyable.
0Comment22 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
This game is a must for an evening of screaming laughter and fun. We had tears streaming down our faces and laughed til our stomachs hurt! *Hint -- you should know your guests a bit before you break out the game... It's raunchy and is definitely not for those easily offended by vulgar language or sick humor. For the rest of us, this game is a hoot. I played it for the first time at some friends' house, came home and ordered it that same night, along with 2 expansion packs. My twenty-something kids howled when I told them I played/bought it. They have played it and loved it. I'm 52 and I loved it.

This game is for all ages (except young children - again, the terrible language and sick humor). It is so easy to play -- each player takes a turn being the dealer. On the first play, the dealer deals out 7 white "answer" cards to each player. Then the dealer reads aloud one black "question" card. Each player then submits one answer card to the dealer (anonymously face down so the dealer doesn't know who each card belongs to). The dealer reads the question card again, this time, using the answer cards to answer the question (or fill in the blank, etc). The dealer decides which answer they like best. Whoever the answer card belongs to, wins that round by collecting that black question card. The object is to collect as many question cards as possible (predetermined number at beginning of game). The next round moves around the table to new dealer, and each player draws another white answer card, to maintain a total of 7 answer card in their hand. Around and around with each round, reading new questions and drawing new cards, and collecting black cards as you go if your answer is chosen. The fun comes in the random crazy answers to the crazy questions and mixing it all up. So hilarious!! Absolutely LOVED this game. And, it's never the same game twice. :-)

Definitely recommend.