Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cards Against Humanity: Third Expansion
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 22, 2013
If you own (or are going to buy) the full Cards Against Humanity game, you should absolutely buy this. The cards added provide a little more longevity to the enjoyment you'll get out of the game by keeping it fresh. I have already bought the previous 2 expansions, and each time you put new cards in the deck, it adds so much replay value to the game.

I will order any future expansion packs that come out immediately, as I did when this one came out. This game is awesome and the expansion packs are a definite necessity.

So for those that haven't got a clue what this game is...it's Apples to Apples, but for adults. This is not a game for your children, unless you're a horrible parent.

Gameplay: Each player grabs 10 white cards. Each round, one player grabs a black card. The black card has either a question, or it has a statement with one or two fill-in-the-blanks. The other players in the game pick the white card or cards (if there's two fill-ins) and put them in a pile. When all cards are in, the player who pulled the black card reads off the pile of white cards (without knowing who put them in) and chooses their favorite. Some people go with the funniest card, others go for what makes the most sense. Each player plays different, and when turning in the white card, you have to play to how you feel each player picks the winning card. Whoever's white card is chosen gets the black card. After each hand, everyone draws a new white card or two to always keep 10 in their hand. Play until you're bored and whoever has the most black cards wins the game.

Optional Rules: This is one thing that makes this game awesome. You can always make up your own rules. And if you have the creativity of E.L. James, the game supplies some rules for you. One of my favorites is Rando Cardissian. Basically, each round, you throw in an extra white card to the pile. That way, if the person picks that card as the best, everyone else feels like an idiot for getting beat by a random card from the deck. Another good one (forget the name) is that if you pick up a white card and you don't know what it means or get the reference, you can flip it over face up for all players to see and admit that you don't know what it is. After that, the other players are encouraged to ridicule you for being so dense, and can then explain what the card is. That way, we can all learn! Yay education!

Again...Buy this expansion pack! And also the first and second packs if you haven't bought those yet. You won't regret it.
44 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2013
As long as there are new expansion packs filled with cards with phrases I have to explain to my wife with filthy diagrams, I'm going to buy them. You should too.
22 comments| 252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2013
I was introduced to this game at a party and immediately looked for a copy I have never laughed so hard in my life. It took 6 months before I could buy a copy for less than the ridiculous prices on eBay. It is now a permenant addition to our weekly game group and I keep it in my trunk to play anywhere anytime
22 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I had plans.

I was going to go vegan, then join the Peace Corps to build schools and water wells in remotest Africa, then go to medical school so I could join Greenpeace as a doctor while also fighting Ebola. After that, I was going to take a break to go fight seal pup clubbers with my Styrofoam bat in the Arctic (I detested violence), before setlling in to a long life as an unpaid Real Life Superhero to fight crime and distribute organic granola bars and tofu to the homeless in my neighborhood.

But all that has changed.

After just one session of Cards Against Humanity, I've realized my true calling...

I am now on a strict veal and endangered species diet. I have donated all my savings to building a commemorative 40-foot bronze statue of British soldiers distributing smallpox blankets to early Native Americans. I've gone to computer school to earn how to hack charitable organizations and replace their home pages with gif's containing all the Jar Jar Binks scenes from Star Wars. And, finally, I've taken a job as a 911 operator in which I just Rick Roll every caller, and manage an Indian Microsoft service center at nights, where I teach my operators English curse words and tell them they are "welcome" and "thank you".

But, honestly, Cards Against Humanity is the most fun I've had at a party in years. We are literally sore the next morning from laughing so hard. It's like an involuntary ab workout. Get this game today - especially if you are planning to host or attend a party, or just a night with friends. I can't recommend this game, and the expansion packs, highly enough :)
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2013
Such a fun game thought it would great for my husband and his buddies to play while they're enduring deployment.
on March 30, 2013
They included a bunch more blank black and white cards for in-joke fun, and they added some suggestions from the PAX Prime panel last year!

My only complaint is that when my roommate was shuffling the white cards he managed to cut one of the cards about half an inch in. I've uploaded a photo. Thankfully it wasn't anything a gluestick couldn't fix, so no harm no foul. Just be careful if you or someone you game with is an aggressive shuffler.
review image
on June 14, 2016
I love hate this game. It can be so inappropriate that I feel so deeply wrong at times, but then it's just hilarious and a good time had by all. Add some alcohol and it's just a crazy silly time!

This is an expansion so it's just a small set of additional cards.
on May 14, 2014
I have purchased the game, all 4 expansion packs, and the bigger blacker box which have lead to never-ending hours of side stitching fun with friends during our game nights. Probably the best investment in my life regarding entertainment.

Not for the very conservative, close minded, or easily offended. Since the people in my life are none of these things I cannot offer any alternatives, yet still highly recommend the game for its stick melting abilities.

The expansion packs are nice, especially for blank cards! We leave the stack of blanks and a Sharpie on the table throughout the game for any "inspirations". Not one has failed to kill us in laughter yet!
on May 20, 2013
The game is great the first time you play but after a short time the shock value kind of wears out. I still recommend this game, especially if you dont play it often and if you get a little buzz on for it. Just know that if you play it every week with friends, especially the same friends, it will get kind of old quick.
Those of you that play the Cards Against Humanity game know how important it is to have new cards every now and then. This pack is a great addition to the game because it adds all sorts of new themes and gives everyone another reason to laugh. They make several expansion pack and I have to ration myself and only buy another new set right before the next game night. The set includes some blank cards for both questions and answers and they are the most fun. The right to fill out a blank card can be a nice reward for the winner of the game also. I totally appreciate the humor of the inventors of this game.