Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Careless World: Rise Of The Last King [Explicit]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 2, 2012
"Rack City" is the way most people identify with the up and coming rapper Tyga.

Tyga has actually been in the rap scene for more than four years now, as he released his first album, "No Introduction" in 2008.

"No Introduction" performed very poorly on the charts, topping its highest at 112 on the Billboard charts. Most people would be disappointed with the way their album performed, but Tyga deserves credit - he was able to bounce back.

They say it only takes one hit to spark someone's career and Tyga sure had lighting in a bottle with the song "Rack City."

Tyga's newest CD is "Careless World: Rise From The Last King." Unlike his first album thanks to the success of "Rack City," his second album was able to debut at No. 4 selling more than 61,000 units - a huge improvement from his first album.

The album is very solid and is very well balanced. The one thing about rap albums these days is they're very one-sided.

You either get great lyrics or great production - it is rare to get both. On this album it was a mix of both as the lyrics and production were both solid.

The best song on the album would have to be "Careless World." He really speaks from the heart on this track, talking about his rough upbringing and it really does hit home how hard he worked to get here.

"Careless World" is a great way to kick off the album because it shows that Tyga can stand on his own and is a smart choice to open up without a feature.

However, one of the things that really hurts this album is the number of features on the album.

While this technically speaking is his sophomore album no one really recognized him until he started releasing mixtapes and eventually came out with "Rack City."

Impression is everything, especially when you're new in the game, but "Careless World" shows that he knows how to stand out on his own.

"Rack City" is without a doubt the biggest reason Tyga blew up. While the song is critizcied by rap critics as repetitive, there is a lot of credit due in this song.

The beat is nothing short of amazing. If he wanted to, he could have repeated the chorus for the whole song and it would have been a hit.

Overall this first album was a huge success for Tyga. With his signing to Young Money/Cash Money Records, the sky's the limit for what Tyga could bring to the rap game for years to come.
Tyga's first effort No Introduction did very little to connect the MC to a mainstream audience. Sure his song "Coconut Juice" was a minor hit, but not enough to captivate or allure a `hardcore' hip-hop audience. On his Cash Money debut Careless World: Rise of the Last King, Tyga elevates his profile to more lascivious heights. While Tyga's relatively `clean' image needed a more `adult' lift, at times on Careless World Tyga comes off as sounding desperate and `over-the-top.' Throughout the course of Careless World, despite some of it's overwrought sensual tone and overuse of profanity for profanity's sake, there are some enjoyable, solid moments that easily eclipse Tyga's previous work, no questions asked.

"Careless World" opens the effort with Tyga quasi-singing/rapping throughout. Tyga's rhymes are a `lift' from previous showings given the fact his rhymes are more aggressive and overt. Around the 2:15 mark, the production takes an unexpected change-of-pace that catches the listener by surprise. Following the quasi-intro cut "Careless World" is "Lil Homie," produced and featuring Pharrell Williams. The production is archetypical of Pharrell, featuring the producer's signature ear-bending harmonic scheme and futuristic drums. The cut is not particularly revolutionary per say, but is overall very effective if nothing else. The more overtly titled "Mutha***** Up" maybe the album's first truly great number. The production is superb and the uncredited vocal sample ("crank this [bleep] up") anchors the entirety of the cut. Nicki Minaj's guest spot is quite effective, finding the female MC as foul and liberated as Tyga himself.

Following "Echoes Interlude," a sound cut in "Do It All" appears. The production by Jess Jackson is solid, solidified even more by elements of "Citoyen 120" being incorporated. Tyga's rhymes are compelling, which is a strong point considering the five minute duration of the cut. The highlight aside from production is definitely the hook: "Aw Awww, we've been through it all/I know I broke your heart once before/but I'm done/Aw, Aww, Aww, tell me what's wrong/I know I never listen, but just listen to this song...if they don't do it, we gon' do it all..." "I'm Gone," featuring Big Sean is another lengthy cut that features production reminiscent of Drake's music and producer Noah '40' Shebib as opposed to producer Boi-1da. Tyga's rhymes remain aggressive, despite the tame nature of the production. "For the Fame" features yet another big-name collaborator via Chris Brown and also features up-and-coming singer Wynter Gordon. The results are enjoyable, somewhat predictable and non-revolutionary. The production work is enthusiastic (Jess Jackson) and Brown carries this enthusiasm through his vocals.

Another interlude ("Birdman Interlude") interrupts one of the album's strongest showings "Potty Mouth," which happens to lead a slew of valedictory cuts. "Potty Mouth," which features Busta Rhymes, is true to title as Tyga keeps it `100' in the nastiest way possible with his lewd rhymes. The hook is incredibly catchy and matches the epic, sound nature of the production: "I get money, I make money/I take money, them b-s want it from me cause I'm /I'm `bout whatever, I'm bout whatever/I'm with whatever, man I do it, do it better... and I got a potty mouth..." Busta Rhymes slays it when a change of pace within the production materializes around the 3:40. The equally alluring and lewd "Faded" follows featuring Lil Wayne, finding Tyga delving and delivering every inappropriate sexual reference he can . The hook is simplistic as is the overall production and scope of the song, but is catchy and effective. Lil Wayne is in good company with Tyga, delivering just as many overt lines. "Rack City," a mega hit given it's simplistic, slinky sounding production work, just adds to the momentum evaded by Tyga. "Rack City" ultimately lacks substance, but the sound and `clubby' vibe bode well in its favor.

"Black Crowns" caps off a capable cell of songs with sort of an old-school hip-hop sound that's been slightly updated. The cut includes a built in `outro' at the 4:17 mark which makes it so long. The hook is a selling point: "All I see is black crowns/king me `cause this is my time now/so all you other [bleep] bow down/`cause all I see is black crowns, black crowns..." "Celebration," featuring T-Pain has more flashy, modern production work than "Black Crowns," but the cut ultimately is one of the least memorable showings from Careless World. T-Pain comes over as `so last year' with his contributions. Thankfully, Chris Richardson assisted "Far Away" not only puts the album back on the right track, but it also finds Tyga less explicit and more `credible.' The change of pace may alluded back to Tyga's "Coconut Juice" days, but that is not so bad with solid rhymes from the MC and a boost from American Idol alum Richardson. Following yet another pointless interlude, "This Is Like" features soulful vocals from Robin Thicke. The production is `chill' making "This Is Like" a sound, though not revolutionary listen.

"Kings & Queens," featuring Wale & Nas has promise at first, but grows a bit to sleepy and boring. Thankfully J Cole's assist on "Let It Show," which samples Gamble & Huff penned Billy Paul classic "Let's Make a Baby" redirects any dying momentum. The hook is a selling point for sure: "While my emotion grows, I still won't let it show/I still won't let it show/even if I'm broke, I still won't let it show..." "Love Game" is a solid cut, with its biggest drawback being its length at nearly eight minutes. The slower, grinding tempo is a selling point for sure. "Lay You Down," featuring Lil Wayne is a `B' cut at best while the Marsha Ambrosius featured "Light Dreams" is a B- with very `little' to this cut. "Still Got It" featuring Drake, a bonus cut isn't too shabby, but also not the greatest. Of the two bonus cuts, "Make It Nasty" is arguably the best, in the vein of "Faded" or "Rack City."

Overall, Careless World: Rise of the Last King is a decent album, though flawed. The deluxe version at nearly ninety minutes is bloated, some of the cuts are too overt, and perhaps the ordering and arrangement of tracks on the album could be reworked. If anything, Tyga and producers could've stood to have compacted this effort more. Overall, it's not too shabby though.
on March 3, 2012
I was highly anticipating the release of Tyga's official album, and anyone who had to ride in my car, because I played his mixtape none stop since it dropped, his lyrical power displayed throughout his mixtape made me think, watch out lil Wayne Tyga is about to outshine you.. Then I found out Tyga was coming in concert to my town, it was like Christmas in January. Then I bought this album, first listen I'm excited listing to a lil bit of every song all the while getting a little nervous because not a one track caught my attention. Replay the entire album I'm getting a mad because I still don't hear a track I love, like, could bare, or bump. 3rd 4th replay, fast foward to the 6th replay of the entire album, I then had to admit the cold hard truth, this album sucked compared to the mixtape. Oh how it pains me to type that 6 letter word but it's the truth. Now I must pounder if this dame should go to the concert, or cut my losses and re-gift these tickets.
on February 22, 2012
Every song on this album has amazed me very much considering this is Tyga's first official album. And with 19 full tracks (excluding the Birdman and the Mystic Interlude) I enjoyed each song very much; they were all very detailed and produced to every little touch. Each producer on this album probably have outdone many other producers on any track they have on this album. The intro "Careless World" has an unbelievable transition from it's amazing beat, to the Mystic beat. Both parts of the song were just so well put together. Every feature on this album also fits in. Most of the songs barely ever go off topic. I was surprised "Lay You Down" was put on with new verses. "Love Game" personally is one of my favorites because Tyga's lyrics matched the instrumental very well, and the dubstep outro was the cherry on top. Another note was when Tyga had said his mitxape would be full of party songs and his album would be full of emotional songs, he wasn't lying; And that's a pretty hard task for a rapper to make! #BitchImTheShit mixtape was full of party songs. Careless World was all about the emotional things Tyga talks about (except Rack City). Lately all of Tyga's songs that have been released have been unique and a lot more original than most rappers nowadays; especially the album Careless World, this album is worth to buy and listen to.
on February 8, 2013
From the off start, there's no real reason to review such an awful rapper such as this because personally there's no point these are your kind of mindless so called artists for mindless people who think their cool because they listen to vacuous empty music that should be abolished the case here is that this awful rapper doesn't exude any real talent at all that it takes to compete in the real world of hip-hop or much less knows what it is like the rest of the mindless aberrations that consume this stuff - it's best left to avoid and invest in a real hip-hop cd.
on March 26, 2012
Listen to it several times through. If you're a fan of hip hop get it. This album has some songs I would say are random but music is music and everyone will have a hundred different impressions from the same song. Don't listen to other reviews until you have listened to it yourself even try to Youtube some of the tracks and see if you like it. Snips of the song offers DO NOT DO ANY ALBUM JUSTICE.
on October 15, 2014
Great Album. It played well on my laptop and files transferred well to my phone's music player. 4 stars only because I wish there were a few more superb hits. There's only a select 3 or 4 that I keep in rotation in my daily mix.
on March 10, 2012
This album is garbage. He is portrayed as a west coast gangsta rapper in the song "im faded" and "rack city" but this album is full of singing and saying stuff that doesn't even rhyme. I'm very disappointed with this. If I knew he wanted to be so much like Drake i wouldn't have bought it. It would have been nice to have a song on the radio that represented the rest of his album.
on May 13, 2012
i dont know how people like this dude... his raps are pretty much lame and also can be offensive... his style is stolen... he makes typical music that typical people like. ive noticed alot of people listen to young money cause they think its the kool thing to do.. people need to quit being followers!!!
on February 20, 2015
I was very surprised to enjoy this album. Most of today's Rap music acts I usually don't like but I found this album to be pretty enjoyable overall. Tyga surely has a good work ethic making albums and mix tapes frequently. I've heard some of his other releases and this one is by far one of his best works to date, check it out