Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Careless World: Rise Of The Last King [Explicit]
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 30, 2013
Starts off strong, but blows his wad on the first song. Little too arrogant for my taste. Lots of blah, blah, bling, little substance. Bought this at same time as "Jesus Piece" by The Game. Tyga is amaturish compared to the Game. Save your money on this and buy Jesus Piece.
I bought this because it was 3.99 on amazon. I bought his first album in 08 the lime in the coconut one. That was at least him. Now he is a lil wayne clone kid ink type swag rapper who isnt really that talented. Without his cousin being Trav from Gym Class Heroes, this guy wouldn't be rapping. Rack city is ok, but come on how many times can you listen to it? The entire album is just the run of the mill "I'm going to use trap beats and sound gangster, snap back raps,an occasional girl song, european brainwashed pop synthesized nonsense. Every song on this album is below a 4 star rating. Some are just too unbearable.
on February 21, 2012
Call me a hater if you want, but this album is exactly whats wrong with Hip Hop today. I've never liked Tyga or the YMCMB camp (minus Drake), but I actually tried to listen to this album and it was a complete waste of my time. Tyga has been rapping since 2008 and first came out with a song called "Cocoanut Juice" and while not a pure hip hop song, that song was a lot more interesting than what Tyga has been coming out with the past 4 years. Careless World: Rise of the Last King suffers from pop garbage I hate hearing and it only appeals to the young and ignorant. All I've heard from Tyga throughout the entire album is pointless vulgarity about how much money he has, the women he can get, and the same chauvanistic bragging YMCMB is famous for. Not the mention the album cover and title share a slight resemblence to J. COLE's debut "Cole World: The Sideline Story" even his positioning on the album cover is similar to J. Cole's album cover. Wheres the originality Tyga?..........

Once I seen the tracklisting and guest spots I was surprised because I saw a Hip Hop Legend (Nas) and my current favorite (J. Cole). Two profiecient MC's on an album with no substance so how is that gonna work out? The tracks "Show It" and "Kings & Queens" actually pushed Tyga to rap better, but ultimately becomes a failure once Nas and J. Cole start rapping and makes it easier for listeners to distinguish between a good MC (Nas, J. Cole) and a bad rapper (Tyga). The content of the album is my main problem, I just don't get what Tyga is trying to convince to his listeners, he's just not an interesting person to listen to, and his storytelling is very limited, just throwing out crappy metaphors that don't connect with the songs subject matter (has Lil Wayne written all over it). When Tyga has songs like "Rack City", "Potty Mouth", "For The Fame", and "Mu********* Up", anything that Tyga says on any other song no longer becomes sincere nor convincing emotionally from there on. He tries to be "deep" on typical songs like "Far Away" & "Black Crowns", but it just doesn't connect with the type of persona Tyga has created for himself.

The only thing that saves this album from 1 star is the productions. While Tyga's lyrics are garbage to say the least, the beats are a saving grace for me, some of these beats are actually some of the best I've heard in 2012 thus far. Tyga's hooks are actually the best things on this damn album, "Love Game" has a nice Drake-esque sound, "Lay You Down" again crappy rapping lyrics, but the sound is nice...again beats on "Black Crowns" and "Careless World" were crafted very well, but could've landed with a better MC, Tyga just does not know how to flow on songs. The only song I actually found barable is the song "Light Dreams" feat. Marsha Ambrosius which is the LAST SONG on Careless World, this song was the first time I felt real emotions from Tyga's voice, not to mention the dark yet soulful productions. Other than that, this album is overrated and after a couple of months from now, it is going to be forgotten. Like I said before, Tyga is young so he is going to make music for young people that are interested in club songs and ignorant lyrics to make people feel like they're the s***. While that may be cool for some, the grown people who actually know what real music is will just laugh at Tyga's music. Tyga needs to grow up as a person and find his own sound instead of following the formula that is YMCMB, that is the only way he can become a better artist, because there is no way he can ever dream of getting a grammy with this type of music.
1818 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2012
The album flows very well. A very good album, if you like finally famous and carter 4 you will very well like this album..maybe even more after you listen to it more than once. He definitely is out shining everyone in his age bracket the wiz and big sean of the world and it shows with this album ..he is more than rack city he is a artist and a super star in the making
on February 21, 2012
This is one of those albums that you can just let run from start to finish,repeat, start to finish, then repeat another few times. It's Tyga & very little YMCMB joining in just like I like it. I think Nikki shows up in one track, Wayne is in another, but most of the album is Tyga, & the guy flows smoothly, & I like the beats, & hooks. If you like Tyga, I say get it. I don't expect anything enlightening from YMCMB, or most hip hop. I have been a hip hop fan since the beginning & alot of this stuff out today is junk, most of which I listen to just for the production values, beats or to give my subs a workout so I don't look for grammy material, in most of it. It is what it is. The album follows the usual pattern from most hip hop & if you have heard Tyga you know what to expect. He doesn't stray from his usual delivery or material in Careless World...
on December 26, 2013
I would have been better off just downloading the couple songs I liked. Unfortunately its like so many CD's anymore 15 worthless tracks and 2 you listen to.
on April 15, 2012
Hadn't bought a new album in forever until Google Play had a deal where I could get Drake's CD for a quarter. Yes, $0.25. After listening to that album on repeat, I decided that maybe it was time to start purchasing music again.

With Tyga, I was feeling pretty much every mainstream song I heard from him. Nothing groundbreaking or thought provoking, but nice club bangers and songs that go hard.

Unfortunately, none of the tracks that haven't been released are in the same vein as his mainstream songs. The are about him trying to be personal and deep. I think that after listening to Drake address personal issues in such a unique and refreshing fashion, hearing Tyga try to do the same falls miserably short.

I just can't get over the fact that none of his singles allude to this fact. All his previous music has been about strip clubs, smoking and sex. All of his new songs are just not for the club and not really unique or saying anything new.
on September 5, 2012
As someone who absolutely loves tyga i bought this for instant download and was so excited, ignoring the other reviews about how it was not a good album i could not see that being possible, but it defiantly is. buy the songs you know because the rest are not worth your money. well done 3 is the best mixtape and its free if you want good tyga download that, this is not worth the 9$ even.
on December 31, 2014
Rap should be dead compared to the earlier inventors like Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Ice Cube, etc. Yes the old and GREAT!!!
on November 3, 2013
Not what I expected but maybe it will grow on me. Wasn't sure if it was slow jams or rap music.