5.0 out of 5 stars I treasure this book because it IS a treasure.
How many chidren's books do adults hide away for themselves? How many children's books equally balance terse text with gorgeous pictures?
Too few.
But "Caretakers of Wonder" is that rare book. It has moved with me several times, and even now when I want to give it to my Grand Niece, I find that I can't part with it. I have to buy another copy...
Published on June 6, 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars Caretakers of Wonder?
I am a caretaker to my husband who has a progressive degenerative disease, homemaker and mother of 3 children under the age of 14. This book brings no comfort to me. Escapism through fantasy only works temporarily. Caretakers have no power in and of themselves, I know this first hand. The only thing that sustains and helps me is Jesus Christ alone - who is in control of...
Published 23 months ago by Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars I treasure this book because it IS a treasure., June 6, 1998
Too few.
This is one fine and magical creation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort For Those Who Care For Others, February 21, 2005
This review is from: Caretakers of Wonder (Paperback)
This book was a gift to me about ten years ago. It has brought a calming feeling to me when I would come home from work. I have given this book to my staff and other managers where I work. You see I work in an assisted living facility. I am one of the staff that the residents come to when they are frustrated, confused, worried or in need of a sounding board, for comfort, or just a friend. I am the on who is there with the family when their loved one passes. Some days I come home wiped out and drained. Caretakers of Wonder is that little book that gives me a big lift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comforting, July 10, 1999
This review is from: Caretakers of Wonder (Paperback)
This book was given to me when my mom passed away in 93. I was well into my 40's and found this book to be the most comforting gift I received. I read it often and share it with my friends. Whenever I start really missing my Mom it reminds me that she is still here keeping an eye on things.

5.0 out of 5 stars The beauty of escapism, January 27, 2000
By A Customer
This book is one of my fondest childhood memories. My mother read it to my sister and i countless times. In fact the book has fallen apart and i am very sad to see that all of the editions are either out of print or out of stock. However if you need a book for a child or one for any age in fact which touches the heart in a delightful way please buy this book. I love it, i read it to my friends, write it in e-mails when someone i know is feeling sad and remember it when i feel like i just can't take it any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars An ode to whimsy and beauty, April 20, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Caretakers of Wonder (Hardcover)
... I discovered the book when I was 50 and have given it to so many folks... The illustrations are whimsical and beautiful and the thoughts remind me to remember the beauty and love I have known in this life. It was especially meaningful as I was one of those folks who denounced love for financial security and when I was visited twice with terminal lymphoma decided love and beauty are more important...I read children's books (once again) for my personal imposed therapy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual and Comforting, July 24, 2002
Joanne (Avon, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This book was given to our family by friends when my father in law passed away. My children were young and would ask "Where did Grandpa Go?" What a great way to explain to children in a way that they could understand. My kids are grown, the book has been shared with everyone of their friends, including my daughters third grade class. When we see butterflies we say, "That's Grandpa", when we see the stars at night we find grandpa. It has allowed him to live on in everything we see and do. My grown kids are all proud owners of their own copies. I wish they'd reprint, I'd love to have a supply to pass on to others for this same reason. Thank you Eden Cooper. OUR favorite book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whimsical and Visually Satisfying, June 2, 1998
This review is from: Caretakers of Wonder (Paperback)
A whimsical escape to set yours and your children's imaginations twirling. It is rich in visual images and comforting in its sweet message. This book will delight and remain a source of joy to your children - my teenagers still recall it fondly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caretakers of Wonder, January 9, 2014
Caretakers of Wonder
I love the pictures and the message that the book delivers. Message is appropriate for all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Favorite, April 24, 2007
S. Scott (Sacramento, Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caretakers of Wonder (Paperback)
This was my oldest son's favorite bedtime story over 25 years ago. He had a vivid imagination, and I would delight in seeing his eyes light up as I would read the story to him. I attempted to repair the cover of our copy with clear contact paper, as it started to fall apart long before he was ready to give it up. It is in my stack of books to pass on to his children someday. This would be a wonderful gift for anyone, and after reading some of the other reviews, perhaps I should dig it out and re-read it myself from a different perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars KEEP THIS BOOK ON HAND, March 24, 2008
While this is a children's book, I have given the small 5" x 5" version to countless friends and family as a greeting card when they were faced with terminal illnesses. My Mother and I shared this book in her final days as a joyful vision of the wonder that lay beyond. I always have a small supply on hand to share with those who need to be reminded.

Caretakers of Wonder (A Star & Elephant Book)
Caretakers of Wonder (A Star & Elephant Book) by Cooper Edens (Paperback - 1980)
Used & New from: $23.95