5.0 out of 5 stars No hips
I tried a cheaper brand of suspenders. The elastic in them went from the back pant clips to the X. The rest of the suspenders, from the X, over the shoulders to the front pant clips were heavy duty non-elastic strapping.

Published on October 20, 2010 by Handy Jim

1.0 out of 5 stars See picture
The leather part is dyed, but apparently not sealed. I wore these to work outside today, and when I came in, I discovered that the dye had bled all over my shirt. So, now I either figure out a way to seal the dye or throw away a shirt every time I wear these.
Published on June 12, 2011 by dmi7b5

5.0 out of 5 stars No hips, October 20, 2010

Carhartt suspenders are 100% elastic front to back. They are much more comfortable and easier to pull over your shoulders. A bit higher in price but well worth the extra money.

4.0 out of 5 stars carhart Suspenders Review, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Utility Suspender (Apparel)
I purchased these from a Amazon Merchant.

They are very well built, and well worth the money.

One note the ordering process says one size fits all, but the suspenders had a Carhart tag when they arrived it says 46 inch.
I am 6 feet 4 inches in height. I can just use them with maximum length. So if you are over 6 feet 4 inches these suspenders will not come close to fitting you.

I checked Carhart's web site. They no longer have suspenders in sizes but just the one size fits all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible clip power!, January 23, 2011
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Utility Suspender (Apparel)
I got these to replace a worn out pair for my husband's work clothes, which are also mostly Carhartt stuff. I looked at a couple cheaper pairs, but they had mixed reviews. Sometimes, it's just better to spend a little more and get better quality, and so far, this has been holding true. He's a big & tall type, and he still had room to adjust, which was one of my concerns when I ordered. The tag attached said " 46" ", so hopefully that and this review helps someone out there with figuring out the size of these suspenders. On day 2, he remarked how awesome the clips were at holding onto his pants, which he seemed extremely happy about. No slipping is a good thing when you're on your feet and moving I suppose ;
I do not know the long term outcome of said suspenders, but so far, this is working great for hubby.

*Update: September 27th, 2011* Hubby is still using these suspenders all the time at work, and they are holding up very well. So far, no repairs needed, no griped about the clips holding on tightly, etc.

*Update: March 3rd, 2012* After a year, the clips are still holding well. The only complaints as of recent are that the adjusters on the straps are beginning to slip a bit, and have to be readjusted during the day. For 12 hour days in yucky environments, these suspenders are amazing, and we'll be buying another pair when these finally give out.

1.0 out of 5 stars See picture, June 12, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars High quality...useless if over 5'8", January 18, 2011
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Utility Suspender (Apparel)
Heavy duty,well built suspenders.However,I cannot recommend these unless one is a very short person. I am 6' even and there ends up being NO adjustment. The suspenders have quite a lot of strong elasticity,therefore the pants try to reach my chin. Not to comfortable.A previous reviewer noted the short length and he was right on.He comments that one would have to be 6'1 " or less to fit. Fat chance.If you need suspenders ,be certain they come in a size that will allow adjustments.I'm quite surprised a reputable work clothes manufacturer would make these in only one size. But if you're short and need a strong suspender,these will hold up a house.

1.0 out of 5 stars three pair were all different sizes, February 3, 2013
i have received three pair.
i returned one ,however all three have been different lenghts
the one that was returned was 14 in shorter than first. the second were 6 iin shorter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, May 18, 2010
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Utility Suspender (Apparel)
This is a nice heavy duty pair of suspenders. I'm well pleased with mine. They're a bit expensive but probably worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely pleased!, February 8, 2011
This review is from: Carhartt Men's Utility Suspender (Apparel)
Is it silly to be thrilled by a pair of suspenders? Then call me silly. I just got mine today and I am thrilled. I've been wearing some cheapos for the last 6 months that have been a total irritation...straps stretching out of shape, and worst of all, the darn clips constantly popping open or slipping off my pants. The clips on these, however, snap closed with a very satisfying solid snap and require a fair amount of pressure to close. Very solidly constructed! I'm very pleased with this purchase and will never wear another pair of cheap suspenders again. One concern, though, as some of the other reviews have noted, these may not be good for tall guys. I'm 5'6" (but have a whopping 46" waist size) and they leave little room for adjustment if I needed more, which I don't.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Size, Twice!!, January 20, 2013
I ordered a navy and khaki pair. I expected "one size" that would fit an average-sized man (I am 5'8"). The navy pair was fine. It was 46". The khaki pair, however, was 52". That means that it had a lot of extra suspender strap doubled in the front (and these are wide and heavy-duty suspenders). I returned the khaki and ordered it again, thinking that an order filler had inadvertently grabbed the wrong size range. I once again received the 52" size, and I returned it again. Amazon was great about the free returns and said they would look into the sizing issue. I love the navy pair. They are bulletproof and comfortably wide, and there is still plenty of additional strap for adjustment..

1.0 out of 5 stars VeryStrong, May 10, 2011
These suspenders are very strong. Elasticwith metal clamps thatarestrong and hold very well. The metal clamps have teeth that nite onto the fabricand give a good Sturdy hold. But have a very short adjust ment range.

Carhartt Men's Utility Suspender