4.0 out of 5 stars meant to be lighter!
Published on October 22, 2010 by Alex M. Howard

2.0 out of 5 stars Light weight 'work' wear - disappointed
Published 13 months ago by C. Travis Pitts

4.0 out of 5 stars meant to be lighter!, October 22, 2010
People complaining about a loss in Carhartt "Quality" don't understand that these were made with lighter fabric intentionally for more comfort and flexibility. My husband is in construction and doesn't like to wear his traditional Carhartts in the summer when it's hot. The canvas dungarees are his favorite alternative. They do wear out faster, but the comfort and ability to move around is important to him. He ONLY wears Carhartts year-round and he will search to the ends of the earth for this particular style and fabric.

2.0 out of 5 stars Light weight 'work' wear - disappointed, January 22, 2014
Guess I read something wrong, and all the 5 star reviews knew they were getting thin, huge pants- I did not think Carhartt made pants this casual and thin. I don't know who these are made for...Construction worker costumes? The fabric is nice, comfortable, like khakis but even thinner....not what you think of for work/construction pants. Even where the knee and thighs are double-thick it's not even as thick as jeans or casual khaki slacks.
The tailoring is off too- I wear a 32 to 34 depending on brand, but these 34 fit tight in the waist like a 31. The 32 length wears more like a 36, and the legs are HUGE, almost stovepipe.
Question now is, do I want to return them or just accept my mistake and have some industrial looking pajama pants?

If you are looking for durable canvas or dungaree type pants, get something else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Size runs large, May 19, 2014
Pants are ok but keep in mind that these run large. They did not fit according to the standard sizing from other Carhartt's.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, July 12, 2014
Fits great and the perfect weight for summer

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of two pair of pants one fits ok and ..., July 11, 2014
Out of two pair of pants one fits ok and the other has a smaller waist how does that work? They are the same size. This has happened many times before when I have purchased these same pants.

5.0 out of 5 stars great summer pant, June 24, 2014
My favorite is the firm duck, but I need something lighter for the summer. The canvas pant, although not a tough feeling as the firm duck, makes an excellent alternative for a lightweight summer work pant. These are my new favorites until fall.

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend it!, May 3, 2014
I wanted durable and comfortable pants for work and the pants are just what I needed! I'm glad I ordered them in green and brown.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE them, April 29, 2014
I LOVE these pants. Very comfortable to work in. They are roomy in all the right places. The below the waist fit is perfect. The waist was just right but came out a little long. I will order 2 inches shorter in the future. Will be buying more of these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Merchant Marine, April 28, 2014
Great pants very long legs for a 30. Does not have the shrinkage problems I've had with other Charhartt items. I've taken care when washing though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the product, March 13, 2014
matthew gilroy (kent, wa United States) - See all my reviews
This was my first time purchasing Carhartt pants and they fit small. I should have tried them on at a store first to see how they would fit. I still like them and they are made to last.