5.0 out of 5 stars These pants are awesome!
Published on October 24, 2011 by KT

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch the sizing
Material is as expected and construction is up to Carhartt standards. My only complaint is the sizing; the waste is nearly one size smaller than other brands and the length is one size longer than other brands. Order accordingly.
Published 20 months ago by Van Austin

5.0 out of 5 stars These pants are awesome!, October 24, 2011
My husband has always loved Carhartt clothes, but we never knew they would save his life! He was out cutting wood with a chainsaw wearing a pair of these pants. As he was cutting a large log, he lost his footing on one leg, and the running chainsaw came done on his leg right above the knee. He looked to see how bloody his leg was, and amazingly, the only thing that had happened was a rip in the pant leg. The chainsaw never touched his leg because of the double layer of fabric on the front of the pants. If he hadn't have had those pants on, he could have cut his leg so badly he probably would have bled to death before he got back home. Consequently, he bought another pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Carhartt keeps out the thorns!, February 23, 2006
The best pants for the money that I use to hunt and work in my fields. The built-in double front chaps are the best. There are many sharp thorns on my ranch and Carhartts keep them out and are heavily stitched for durability. Thanks for the deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best value motorcycling pants I've ever bought., July 13, 2010
I heard about Carhartt work pants as good bike pants over a year ago, and when my last pair of riding jeans wore out, I finally decided to risk $35 to find out. They were right. I've been riding bikes for 35 years, mostly in Lees and Levi's boot cuts, and a decade ago I discovered kevlar lined 'Draggin' Jeans', which are soft, comfortable and great peace of mind for well over a hundred bucks. These Carhartt double fronted dungarees may not protect my ass quite as much as kevlar, but they're as hard as nails and at around forty dollars including tax and freight, I don't need to look any more.

These pants are not far short of wire mesh straight out of the box. I washed mine four times on the long cycle, warm, with extra suds before giving them two rinses and throwing three fabric softener sheets in the tumble dryer with them. After more than 2,000 miles on the bike, lots of normal everyday wear and numerous more washes, these pants have not so much attained the soft like-a-deerskin-glove feel that favorite denim jeans do - it feels more as if it's shaping itself to my body....the double front keeps your legs warm from the pocket line to halfway down your shin, where your 8" boots take over. They are not going to get you home dry through a thunderstorm, but they are more rain resistant than denim and they're just fine in light showers or on wet roads.

These pants sit most comfortably with the belt line at navel level, and they do it without wedging you. This makes a big difference to how cold your back gets after the first 50 miles. I usually take a 36x34, but got these in a 36x36, which are perfect on a bike - the extra 2" stops them riding up past ankle height, even with feet on highway pegs at 70mph, there's less wind whistling up the canyon, and that helps keep you a lot warmer than those hip hugging waders...now that I'm used to them, I wear these pants all day, everyday, and I don't have to worry about getting changed into something more robust if I see a job that needs doing around the house, garden or garage.

I bought one pair to try. After a month and a thousand miles on the bike, I bought another black pair, and a 'Carhartt Brown' (that weird mustardy beige color) pair for gardening, hunting and camping. The pockets are roomy, and I fit my glasses case in the right hand tool pocket, cell phone in the left, and can hang a 4x D-cell torch through the hammer loop. I have a custom made 2" wide leather belt which fits the loops, which it doesn't on 'normal' denim jeans. Because these sit at the waist, I can cinch them up and hang my Buck, Leatherman and a folding tool off it, on top of all the other aforementioned bits and pieces, plus wallet and loose change, all without risking walking out of my trousers. If superheroes wore jeans, this is what they'd wear.

They look pretty reasonable for a burger & beer night out, but after a few miles you might want to pull out the designer labels if you're going out to a real restaurant.

I'll be interested to see how long these things last. I'm thinking 'a while'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carhartt Work Dungaree, January 9, 2007
Daisy (Manchester, NH) - See all my reviews
These jeans are very durable and good looking. My son wears his every day in the auto body business and they hold up very well. The double knee feature makes them much more long lasting than regular jeans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch the sizing, March 20, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sized true to fit, May 19, 2014
I bought a pair of B01's and B11's both at 31 x 32. When the B01's arrived they were more like 31 x 34 but marked properly. I contacted Carhartt and they said that was not correct and that both the B11 and B01 should be the same. I let Amazon know and they were amazing and sent me another pair next day. The next day I got the new B01s and they were identical! If I hadn't bought a pair of B11s with the B01s I would have thought they shrunk or I was loosing my mind. Amazon was again great and said they would reinventory the lot and that I should re-order them the following week. I waited a week or maybe two to put in a new order and when those ones arrived they were yet again wrong. This time it felt like they weren't a full two inches too long but they certainly aren't sized the same as the B11's which I've ordered forever and 31x32 is always 31x32. I love the quality of these, the fact that they are made in the USA, but if this is what to expect I think I'll look for a clearance or a discounted 31 waist knowing I'll have to hem them to length. I was tempted to buy a 31x30 or 31x31 but I didn't want to chance them being sized correctly! Either way I would not buy these online and I'll keep my eye out for them in person and always try them on to see if I can get the bottom of how off the sizing goes. I love Carhartt brand and have plenty of their clothes but this experience was very disappointing. If possible I'll upload my image showing the B11s on top of the B01s

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, January 7, 2014
These are the best work pants I've ever had! I like the back ones because they don't seem to fade at all, compared brownish or denim colored ones. They fit like old style Jeans, that is to say the waistband goes over your hips instead of around them. Terrible for pop stars but excellent for working in. About the time a normal pair of jeans would go south, mine tend to get a little stringy at the ends of the legs. It's not a big thing, but that's where they tend to wear.

One thing weird about ordering these is that on the size, the waist and inseam numbers are reversed, if you wear a 34/36 you'll want to order a 36/34. From what I can tell this is the case with all the Carhartt pants on Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Moss is not nearly Brown, February 12, 2013
I am not nearly as pleased with my recent purchase of the moss "Double-Front Work Dungaree" as I am with the brown "Double-Front Work Dungaree"I have purchased in the past and have worn almost daily for three years. Although the description of the material seems to indicate that both pants are essentially cut from the same type of cloth the moss dungarees have a light weight feel in relation to the brown. I can't explain it. In addition the dye has faded/washed out in places on the moss giving the pants a tie-dye effect over the legs of the dungarees. The legs also have annoying creases approximately one inch from the sewn seams . These phantom seams were visible when I received the pants. (The phantom seams are the type most people have experienced in a least one pair of denim jeans. The type of seam you do battle with after every washing in the hopes that it will somehow disappear). The dungarees also have noticeably more loose/dangling threads compared to my brown dungarees. All in all, not very satisfied. I will continue to buy the brown dungarees as long as the quality does not decline and I am able to stand in front of them before I make the purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Carhart less than what I expect out of them. Guess it's time to switch to Duluth trading for quality., February 5, 2013
I purchased these because of the extensive history I have with wearing carhart clothing. Currently I am furious that I have to contact carhart because on the three pairs I purchased all three pairs have stitching errors so badly that they are falling apart at the seams literally. i am severely irritated not only because of this problem but then I find out this product is made over seas and not here in the USA. Shame on you carhart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy pants, January 7, 2014
These get purchased once a year and they get worn all year. They come so stiff you can practically stand them in a corner and they remain that way. Halfway through the year, they usually need more patches just above the pre-patched areas and right by the pockets. But they get used and abused and have proven themselves faithful to the task.

Carhartt Men's Double Front Work Dungaree Pant B01